Poll Time! Favorite Travel Party?

I suppose not! :rofl:

5 Likes

I’ve never traveled to Disney solo, although I would love to. Our first trip without the kids was similar to your experience solo. We spent a lot of time taking about them and wishing they were there. By the third trip without them we got over it. I presume it would be the same going solo

4 Likes

That’s great, and actually, a good argument for giving a solo trip a try! Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Being apart can help you realize the love is still there (or not, I suppose). Being by yourself can give you more clarity on what relationships are important to you.

I mean, I guess if you already have things 100% figured out with no doubts, it’s unnecessary to ever be alone, at least for that reason. But there are other benefits too, for those who value being alone.

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

It’s so fun! My 12yo and I rode the Velocicoaster 3 times this last trip and every single time, as soon as the car stopped, I would immediately turn to look at her. Her face, like she’d just seen a ghost, eyes wide open, heavy breathing, her hair all messed up, and “mom, this is the best ride ever!”.
Priceless.

8 Likes

There are two days left to vote in this poll series if anyone else is interested in participating!

2 Likes

Thanks @Jeff_AZ i didn’t see this. :blush:

I love to travel with my spouse best of all. I really think I would enjoy a solo trip as long as I have liner friends to chat about it with on the Internet, or in person if the chips fall that way!

For my third choice, I chose special trip with one other family member, which would be a mother-son trip in my case. Or I’d love to go with my mom on a mother-daughter trip. I feel like it is cause for special bonding to just be able to focus on one another in such a different place outside of real life. In general, I find that to be true. My children and I connect better one on one in a different place than our house. Being home is so distracting.

I have only been on a trip with my significant other and a trip with immediate family

4 Likes

This makes a huge difference, and makes me wonder if I would have enjoyed a true Solo trip before I discovered this forum … maybe not. Which makes me wonder if this forum is costing me a lot of money … :rofl:

Better not think about that! :joy:

6 Likes

I love this, and want to do special trips with each of my kids someday. It’s hard to balance to make sure each is getting the right amount of individual attention without favoring one or another.

4 Likes

My dad didn’t take us on trips, but we did have a “date” once a month where (basically) we got to choose what we did. Like, early on - especially with my sister - if was McDonald’s and ice cream. With me it might be pizza and a movie (yes, the time spent would be the same - like my sister would be McDonald’s, the park, and ice cream).

Beware though… I did make him take me shopping for my first bra on one of them. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

Yeah, this is so much easier with just one. That way we can be sure we’re screwing her up properly. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I have done something similar with my kids, but often I lose track of which kid’s turn is next. :see_no_evil:

I am not looking forward to the bra-shopping experience for multiple reasons! :rofl:

5 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

We were exactly here this weekend. I think it was more painful for her than it was for us.

8 Likes

I want to say we usually had the same week each month. Granted there were just 2 of us, so that made it easier.

:rofl: :rofl: My mom was all “You don’t need one!!” and tried to sell me on the “training bra”. But I asked and so my dad took me! I think the saleslady just assumed there was no mom in the picture for whatever reason and helped us.

5 Likes

See below your post. :rofl: :rofl: In my case, my mom was “team training bra” so I asked my daddy!

4 Likes

Oh, I think we will all end up with flashbacks of this shopping trip for years to come. :rofl:

4 Likes

Even better, we went to an Italian restaurant before and apparently (I don’t remember this) when our waitress introduced herself, I said “Hi! I’m Beth and this is my daddy and we’re on our date!” and he explained that a colleague had pulled him aside after I was born and encouraged this, something he had done with each of his kids.

I wanted to crawl under the pew at church when he used that in a sermon! Though I was relieved it was THAT part and not the bra shopping.

5 Likes

Lol! Thinking the same thing here! Well, about whether I would enjoy a solo trip without this forum. I wasn’t thinking about the $$ saved until now, thanks so much! :joy:

2 Likes

It is really hard. Especially with 4 kids! Which my husband and I hope to get to (#3 coming in Feb :partying_face:)

my hope is that they won’t all be Disney-philes and, for some of them, their preferred mother-child/father-child trip will be something… less expensive

3 Likes