Poll Time! Favorite Travel Party?

Inspired by @mkmuzzy’s recommendation, today’s poll is … :drum::drum::drum:

Travel party! :partying_face: No, not that kind of party. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

How do you prefer to travel to Walt Disney World? (pick 3)

• Solo
  • With significant other / spouse
  • With your immediate family
  • Immediate family plus grandparents or other close family members
  • Family reunion / extended family
  • Special trip with one or more family members (e.g. Daddy-daughter)
  • With friends
  • Mixed group of family and friends
  • School group / team
  • Professional / convention
  • Other (comment below)

0 voters

Which of these configurations applies to one of your past trips? (select all that apply)

• Solo
  • With significant other / spouse
  • With your immediate family
  • Immediate family plus grandparents or other close family members
  • Family reunion / extended family
  • Special trip with one or more family members (e.g. Daddy-daughter)
  • With friends
  • Mixed group of family and friends
  • School group / team
  • Professional / convention
  • Other (comment below)

0 voters

Aaargh!! I didn’t notice that when I voted. How do I change my vote? (I never needed to do that before).

1 Like

Lower left hand corner click “Show results,” then it will let you re-select your options.

1 Like

We typically travel with immediate family (DH, me, and 3 kids). We also took one trip together pre-kids. We’re going without the kids in 20 days (but who’s counting?) and I’m sooo excited!

4 Likes

From my TouringPlans profile

6 Likes

We’re quickly getting to the point where immediate family = spouse

sigh

2 Likes

Solo. Or immediate family (yes. even as all adults we still do a trip together somewhere every few years).

I might meet up with a friend for a day, but it’s too stressful to travel with them full time.

2 Likes

Right now I’m the only one who has voted for “Professional / convention” in the second poll. But I could have sworn @FOMOm_VA and @OBNurseNH, maybe others, have done a trip for work before? Even if it was also technically “solo” or something else as well?

1 Like

Yes, but typically that is solo.
And I prefer when it’s just completely solo and not for work, necessarily, because if I’m working I have to make sure to Do the Things and See the Stuff whereas if I’m solo I can just … enjoy :slight_smile:

Now, last weekend when I was laying in the hammock at Castaway Cay (solo, by the way), I was working. And you know, it didn’t bother me even one teeny tiny bit?

But in any case “for work” is not my preference and that’s what this is about.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried solo yet! I’m taking yet another trip with just one niece, though I did invite her friends and their mom, but they never committed.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you’re waiting for. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

The second poll was just which configurations you’ve done, not necessarily preference, which honestly I wouldn’t expect anyone to put “work” as their preference! :joy: If you’ve done a solo trip that had a work component, I’d select both in the second poll.

1 Like

What the hell?

I missed a whole section of the poll?

Back I go. Sorry dude!

2 Likes

Combination of having no vacay time left after trips with the nieces, Universal trips for HHN, and music cruises, and then also feeling guilty! If I could have gotten an AP the last couple of years I might have made a weekend trip here and there, though.

2 Likes

I can not think of ever doing a solo trip.

Solo trip reports are interesting to read and I get why they’re a thing. My sister would thrive on a solo trip. On one trip she reserved a 2 bedroom for 4 family members and a studio for herself. Best. Trip. Ever. She says.

Except she had to tour with us. :smile:

3 Likes

Solo trips are definitely not for everyone. But for an introvert they can be a lot of fun.

6 Likes

The kid and I have discussions about introvert/extrovert. They say the difference is that if being with people energizes you, you’re an extrovert. If it drains you - introvert.

This makes sense. I like chatting folks up like on the bus or in line. Just don’t invite me to a party.

It’s also occurred to me that my brother and I were a year and a half apart. I grew up with this other one as a constant because I don’t recall being 18 months old. My sister spent her first 5 years solo, as we were in school when she was born.

Apparently I’m programmed for the buddy system.:blush:

2 Likes

They are correct.

I can only people for so long. Then I need solo time to decompress and recharge

5 Likes

You have perfectly described me! :grin:

7 Likes

Ummmm, I don’t see the option for Epic Liner Meet.

Now I realise you could argue that would be a Friends travel party, but I think it should have a category all of its own.

7 Likes