Poll Time! Best Walt Disney Animation Film FINAL ROUND

:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Sorry… it’s a table. Chart is another word for a graph.

I apologize. I live in a world of tables and charts.

…and yes, that is a lovely table.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thanks! It was just delivered last week! Finally!

3 Likes

Great point! He is phenomenally talented. We just saw him in concert last month and he was amazing! If we can, we are going to try to catch one last show before his last tour ends.

5 Likes

I voted for BATB… how could I vote for anything else? :heartpulse:

5 Likes

Oh my gosh. We ordered a table in AUGUST that we finally go in April.

2 Likes

Oh make no mistake. We are still awaiting another table and a loveseat. All of this furniture was ordered right after Jan 1. Sectional came right away. One table a few weeks later. Main table last week.

We are told by end of June we should have everything.

2 Likes

All the films from that era are amazing. Beauty and the beast is a masterpiece, it revolutionized animation And win against most other films.

That being said, the Lion King is just another level entirely. Though It didn’t quite get the recognition that beauty and the beast did, I remember seeing it as a jaded junior in high school, and walking out after the final circle of life at the end choked up and misty-eyed. The animation, the music, the story, it was epic in a way that no other Disney film was at the time.

Remember who you are.

4 Likes

You guys are killing me.

@Mike_vndt says it’s the first movie they saw in the theatre, and you were just in high school?

:older_woman: <—me

8 Likes

I believe it opened June 23rd or 24th, 1994. I won’t use Google to cheat. I just think I was so excited about it I counted down the days. And I was 22.

It was my favorite anything for decades.

When I was pregnant for my firstborn, I bought every neutral TLK outfit The Disney Store sold in a variety of sizes.

My mom was afraid I would name the baby Simba, she told me later.

7 Likes

I voted for BatB because I find the Simba character insufferable.

2 Likes

Yes, in high school but I did my math wrong just now. :man_facepalming:

I had actually just turned 16 when Lion King came out.

2 Likes

Oy. I was already parent when Lion King came out.

4 Likes

I’ll add to the pile here: parents had to drop me and a boy off to see TLK because, while we were in high school, we were still too young to drive. #AwkwardDates

6 Likes

Me, too. Same with BatB.

2 Likes

I think I had my learner’s permit

2 Likes

:woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Was between 7th and 8th grade seeing TLK in theater with my parents (nerd alert :nerd_face:) and there was a tornado warning and they stopped the film while we stood in a hallway for about an hour, then resumed. I know my dad wanted to just leave, and my mom had to tell him it wouldn’t be safe. :tornado:

4 Likes

I was 21 when TLK came out, and engaged. I do remember being blown away by that opening animation/song at the time, similar to how I felt about the dining room scene from BatB.

5 Likes

Right?!

4 Likes