Poll Time! Best Walt Disney Animation Film FINAL ROUND

Yes, something about that gradual escalation of the music matched with the visuals of animals joining together, and then that sudden final big drum beat set to the black screen and red title still gives me goosebumps.

Interesting to find out later Zimmer didn’t plan for the song to end that way or for it to be the opener but had to scramble with an ending as he was out of time before presenting to producers/directors.

4 Likes

OK can we just agree they’re the same movie.
Young man living in self-imposed exile, full of self-loathing despite the company of a couple of humorous sidekicks, until a young lady shows him love and he returns to reclaim his rightful place in society and get rid of an arrogant rival?

4 Likes

I remember thinking, “Well okay! If that’s the whole thing that was good enough for me!”

3 Likes

Who run the world?

5 Likes

Tale as old as time baby

6 Likes

I keep forgetting how old ya’ll are. I was between 5th and 6th grade when TLK came out. :man_shrugging:t2: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Wow.

Ouch.

3 Likes

Ummm, really? Don’t worry, you’ll get to be older than dirt, too, if you make it to my age.

4 Likes

but with comments like his, he might not

6 Likes

You just wait till Gen Z gets in here. You might be surprised to learn that there are adults whose birth year starts with a 2. :scream:

3 Likes

Yes, I catch myself with this on the regular as I’m in patient charts.

And, uh, my daughter. Who’s a 2004 baby. :flushed:

6 Likes

Like one of my kids. He turned 20 this year, born in 2002.

(I also have a DS24 and DS23.)

3 Likes

That does not surprise me, my youngest was born in 2001.

Truth.

3 Likes

He’s not wrong.
The Emperor Aurelian was born in 214 CE.

8 Likes

I think you just killed me! :joy::rofl:

3 Likes

5 Likes

Every year after 2000 is an imaginary number, like a square root of a negative. They exist, but they don’t.

4 Likes

Exactly.
That’s why when people say “30 year ago” they’re clearly talking about the 70s right?

10 Likes

Since the difference between being in the 30s and being in the 40s is only a single year, that means the difference between being 30 years old and 49 years old is one year. So it makes sense to me! :smiley:

5 Likes

That’s the year I got married.

2 Likes