Poll Time! Best Walt Disney Animation Film FINAL ROUND

As a child, I was unimpressed with BatB. I loved The Little Mermaid and Aladdin a lot. I mean a lot. I still to this day sing those songs randomly out of nowhere. Started singing Part of Your World one night in bed, and DH told me I had a nice voice. They are a part of me. But I didn’t feel that way about BatB. But when I saw Lion King I was floored. Absolutely floored with how beautiful, emotional and the amazing soundtrack. So Mermaid and Aladdin have a place in my childhood heart but I think LionKing is the best Disney animated film easily and I could never pick BatB even though as an adult I do like it more than I did as a child.

PS Fun fact: I own the original Aladdin soundtrack CD (it was my first CD ever after my boombox got replaced) and it has the “racist/violent” lyrics to Arabian Nights.

3 Likes

That’s awesome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

same here, I wasn’t particularly drawn to BatB as a child. I don’t think I’ve seen it as an adult, maybe 15+ years ago. Aladdin was IT for me, I think I was the perfect age. It was adventurous, scary and funny as hell. To this day I still remember arguing with a friend of mine that it’s the best movie ever made - he was several years older and preferred some non-animation movie. “Is it as good as Aladdin, THOUGH?” I scoffed.

Lion King was probably tied with Aladdin for me, the soundtrack was phenomenal and it was one of the first CD’s I had. I blasted Circle of Life in my 3 CD changer stereo and danced on the bed.

A lot of these I need to watch now because I haven’t seen them in years or decades. My kids are old enough now, though I know my son will be wrecked by LK, he gets pretty emotional about movies right now. he made me cry about Encanto when he was recapping it for me teary eyed :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

This.

4 Likes

Now that I think of it, it might’ve been the first Disney movie I saw in a theater so that of course had a big effect on what it meant to me

2 Likes

I still remember the first time I saw the “Be Our Guest” segment in a trailer for Beauty and the Beast. I think it even had incomplete animation for part of it. I was blown away and couldn’t wait to see the movie.

Similar story with the Circle of Life in the trailer for The Lion King.

Disney knew how to make good trailers back then.

3 Likes

When I got married we were choosing our first dance song, I wanted “Tale as old as time” (Celine Dion version) and DW wanted “Can you feel the love tonight.” It was her wedding, so she got what she wanted, but point of the story, both great movies and great soundtracks.

5 Likes

Oh man.

LOL

I was in college in Boston. We all went downtown to Copley Square together to see it. Then we stopped off at (what the hell was that music store we went to all the time near Berklee, one shuttle stop away from MIT where we went to party?) to pick up the CD of the soundtrack. CDs were pretty new back then :laughing:

Edited: Tower Records

3 Likes

Ummm, it wasn’t yours?

1 Like

So my boyfriend and I in 8th grade had a similar argument. He adored this movie because of Robin Williams. I remember long phone conversations about it. LOL But yet I cannot remember what I did yesterday or what I am supposed to do next at work!

I loved me some Disney Store in the mall back in those days and I bought a lot of Lion King paraphernalia including a stuffed Simba that I remember, and I think a board game and the book.

One thing you’ll notice when you rewatch them is the CGI just doesn’t compete with today’s in movies like Aladdin and BatB. It’s way too undetailed. I rewatched them recently and it stuck out to me a lot.

I was similar as a child. My mom took me to see Bambi at three and I didn’t speak for two weeks (and I have always been extroverted). Parents aren’t supposed to die! It’s probably the root cause of my anxiety as an adult LOL! So be careful ha ha ha

3 Likes

It was a fun and unexpected exchange. She walked all the way to IG from UK w/ me chatting away the whole time :rofl: She did pause to wave to littles too.

7 Likes

I’ve been converted to Lion King, and I didn’t even know it until now. I’ve been overruled by…me.

3 Likes

Ahem. Matata

Also? Wow.

And PS good job finding your way to the right side.

2 Likes

Nice catch. Fixed. I probably have never typed that in my life. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That’s an impressive comparison sheet!

1 Like

Can’t beat a 5-legged goat baby!

3 Likes

Psst dude I think you seriously misspelled “Atlantis: The Lost Empire”

2 Likes

Can you feel the love tonight was our wedding song, as well.

4 Likes

You have got to be kidding.

A chart.

3 Likes

Did you have a chart attack when you saw it?

I did.

8 Likes