Poll Time! Best Themed Land in WDW?

Can I vote in two weeks after I’ve been to them all? A week from right now we’ll be in SWGE for the first time…

6 Likes

Shocked that I’m the first person to vote World Showcase

2 Likes

Except the boneyard

2 Likes

In a way, Diagon Alley is a rip-off because it is basically a recreation of the movie set.

I think I have two problems with SWGE. A lot of my time there has been spent being involved in ROTR stress. So I don’t associate SWGE with being relaxed and enjoying myself.

Of course ROTR is itself jaw-droppingly themed. As is MFSR, though I’ve never give it the time it deserves.

If I were to give myself time to really enjoy SWGE and really get into it, I could see it ranking first … equal with WWOHP.

Yeah. I see your point. Though it’s partly your own fault for not giving it the time and attention it deserves.

3 Likes

gosh dang I’m old…

4 Likes

I was so glad I could fit (almost) all the lands into one poll so I didn’t have to do a park-by-park tournament, but now you’re making me wish I had started at the park level! Oh, well. I can always do a park-by-park poll later!

You make a convincing argument!

The open space is odd, but the parts of the land that are more compact make up for it. I love the marketplace, the Falcon plaza, the cantina, the milk stand, the First Order outpost, etc.

I may agree with you, but just barely. Diagon Alley is far better than any other WDW land as far as being immersive and having a specific theme. But between DA and SWGE it’s tough for me, given my love for both franchises.

5 Likes

I voted Africa too!

4 Likes

SWGE. It’s not my favorite land. I’m not even a star wars fan, like at all. Nothing else even approaches how immersive it is.

2 Likes

I havent voted yet. Im torn. I havent personally seen Pandora, the new TSL or SWGE. For me, I think about where could I sit in a park for most of the day and just take in the scenery and details. The 3 aforementioned are new to me so yes, they would be obvious. But having not seen them, who knows if it will be a favorite. From the stuff I have seen, Im down to 3. I just can’t stop thinking about Adventureland/ Frontierland East/ Liberty Square (south of Columbia Harbor House) area. I love that space and can sit there all day with the occasional circle lap. Now, if it were between that space and AK in its entirety, AK wins. But, I must pick a land there now, hmmmm. My favorite AK space is Discover Island. Done. But does Discovery Island alone beat out my MK space? I dont know yet… Last but not least, World Showcase. I mean, its full of variety, detail and theming. I absolutely love most of the countries! I do spend a whole day there- wandering, marveling, exploring, soaking up the different cultures. But do I love it more than my magical MK spot? No. But wait, wait, wait. I have to keep in mind, for voting purposes Adventureland, Frontierland and Liberty Square are seperate (not really in my mind, but OK Arizona). If I can’t lump the westside of MK together, do I prefer one section the most? Maybe Frontierland? But really just where it meets Liberty Square. And Andventureland? Mainly by Swiss Treehouse and Jungle Cruise. Libery Square? Not overly without the other two sections. So, just pick one! Frontierland it is Now, do I love Frontierland more than WS? No. That leaves Discovery Island I guess. Do I love Discovery Island more than WS, wow thats a tough one. Soo, sooo very different. WS offers, just more. So WS it is. *wipes the sweat from forehead, pours a well deserved cocktail and finally votes for WS.
@Jeff_AZ bet u want to rethink elaboration now dont ya? :joy:

5 Likes

Who knew being a Disney fan was so complicated :joy:

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Maybe a bit OT, but doesn’t anyone here LOVE Tom Sawyer Island? It’s a fun play area, don’t get me wrong. However, IMHO, it and the Rivers of America just take up too much real estate. I want to fill it in and start over there.

My dream is to do away with Liberty Square, but leave HM in place and make that area a Villains land…
It doesn’t have to be Villains, but really something more than a low capacity boat ride and a, IMHO, underused play area.

If this is too off topic or controversial I’ll just go back to my corner! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Tom Sawyer Island in about 1990. Yes. HUGE amount of fun.

Nowadays, sorry.

3 Likes

Ummmm, No.

3 Likes

3 Likes

That was quite the analysis! Definitely a tough call but thankfully you can find that cocktail at numerous locations within your selected land. :wink:

:scream:

There’s plenty of real estate outside the berm that they can annex if it comes to that! You really need that open feel with the rivers, IMO. But I respect your opinion on the matter. :wink:

2 Likes

Nightmare maybe :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

With in ur own kitchen :joy: long day actually!

2 Likes

Noooo! My kids LOVE TSI. Our last two trips we spent at least an hour over there and I was still having to force them to leave. Its such a lovely respite from the crowds!

4 Likes

Butchering @ryan1’s post to introduce another point of view based on emotional tugs and having that transportive ability. I can’t think of any area in a park that emotionally transports me as much as one of our favorite WDW resorts. Even as great as Africa is . . .

So @Jeff_AZ, to avoid any appearance of thread hijacking (:confounded:) maybe we can do something along a park vs resort poll in future?

3 Likes