Poll Time! Best Table Service Restaurant in MK?

I think it depends on how and where you like to eat.

2 Likes

And if you like adult beverages!

2 Likes

well, if they add an 18% gratuity it ends up being just 2% off… how many meals would have to be consumed to recover the membership??? I know when we dine as a family (TS) a $200 ticket comes too easily.

You would give that tip every meal? To me, that makes it easy to figure out how much I am saving. I also always add to that tip too.

1 Like

I thought I read that an 18% gratuity is added automatically to every meal??? oh… but I wasn’t thinking of it the way you posed it… I do usally tip 15-20% depending on service

It is added but if it was a 200 bill, instead of adding another $40 for a tip you would pay a little less than $200 and it would include the tip.

2 Likes

That’s assuming you normally tip nothing. We’re always a party of at least 6, so we have the 18% gratuity either way.

TS meal with AP discount and 15% tip (assuming no alcohol and you tip on undiscounted amount) -
200 - 20 = 180 + (200 * 0.15) = 210

TS meal with TiW discount and 18% tip (assuming no alcohol and you tip on undiscounted amount) -
200 - 40 = 160 + (200 * 0.18) = 196

That’s a $14 savings. You’d have to have 11 meals like that to cover the price of TiW.

TS meal with AP discount and 15% tip (assuming $20 alcohol and you tip on undiscounted amount) -
220 - 20 = 200 + (220 * 0.15) = 233

TS meal with TiW discount and 18% tip (assuming $20 alcohol and you tip on undiscounted amount) -
220 - 44 = 176 + (220 * 0.18) = 216

That’s a $17 savings. You’d have to have 9 meals like that to cover the price of TiW.

1 Like

TiW tip is before discount?

TiW costs $150 for AP and DVC I think $175 for FL residents?

1 Like

I remember an old wdwtoday podcast where Len, Mike, and MIke were trying to figure out why the tip looked like 22% on the bill? (Because it is prediscount)

1 Like

I don’t know. For illustration sake I assumed it doesn’t. Also, I think tipping should always be based on the undiscounted amount.

My bad, I had seen on the DVC benefits page that DVC members get $25 off, and I made the assumption that was off the $150 price.

2 Likes

If you have an active AP on your account you can call and order it. If you are only DVC you need to go to Guest Services with your blue card and ID.

Their reasoning is that the waitstaff should get the credit for the full price , not a discounted one.

3 Likes

Which is the undiscounted amount? Right?

Either way, I’ve edited my post to demonstrate both scenarios - tipping on undiscounted and discounted amount.

3 Likes

Wow, @kerrilux_625778 you did a lot of math to illustrate your thinking :heart: Thank you and @PrincipalTinker for helping me think through this. It looks like 7-11 meals would pay for the TiW. That could be one trip or over time. I’m SO impressed with this thoughtful group!

1 Like

Sadly I just recently discovered “That Show” and cannot find it again :frowning:

Len said maybe Sunday!

You know I am crazy right?

From August:

Yes, I just went and found this. Not my Cali Grill receipt- this one.

1 Like

NO, you are not crazy @PrincipalTinker!!! You are my people :heart:

1 Like

So my original scenario was right…tip is on undiscounted total. I will now remove the extra scenario I added :+1:

1 Like

So on TiW – and forgive me if I missed it – is it being extended like APs for days the parks are closed?

1 Like

No, the $11.70 is the 18% on the original amount ($65). 18% of $52 is $9.36.

Yes, TiW was extended too.

2 Likes