Poll Time! Best Table Service Restaurant in MK?

Yeah, this is kind of a race to the bottom. MK is the one park I’m happy just to eat snacks… well, that’s all of them, really, but at MK we only eat snacks.

3 Likes

Same.

We have done Crystal Palace a few times and really enjoyed it. However the last two times we were there the character situation was really poorly organized and we left without meeting two of them (and this was after allowing 90 minutes as one should for characters).

We did BOG TS before the switchover to 2 credits; my family won’t eat the new frou-frou menu so that’s out.

Never been to Tony’s because it gets such a bad rap

Skipper is intriguing to me, but again my family is too picky and I worry if they would find something they would enjoy (sure there’s one thing they would like, but it’s nice to have choices, isn’t it?)

LTT we are hoping for this trip coming. Who knows?

Plaza is a neat location, but the menu is nothing special.

CRT was good for dinner but for us it was one and done.

1 Like

Had to pick CP! I have a picture of DH with the biggest smile when we were there. It’s a must go back restaurant for us! And I love the asinine the Pooh movies.

1 Like

We went to SKipper’s last trip and it just didn’t wow us. The menu is unusual but not anything we hadn’t had before, in one way or another, although some of the spices and sauces are a different twist on things.

What I didn’t like about it is that it’s so varied, you kind of don’t know what to expect. If I you go to a Thai restaurant or Indian restaurant, I know what the ingredients are likely to be (even if I can’t name them, hah!). But at Skipper’s it’s not always clear what you’re getting. You have to read each little ingredient, and then, if you know what that is, what the dish might taste like.

It’s exhausting just to order.

2 Likes

I totally agree with this. I went for lunch last time. Spent forever just reading the menu. The dish I ended up getting…she warned me when I placed the order that it was a spicy dish, which surprised me. Well, I like spicy food, so I was game. It was incredibly spicy for a MK dish…and the cuisine felt confused. The whole meal just took way longer than I was looking to spend.

2 Likes

I have not dined at CP or Plaza, but I feel comfortable choosing CRT. We really enjoyed our breakfast there. However, ultimately at MK, I’d prefer to eat Casey’s for every meal.

1 Like

@OBNurseNH I seem to be in the minority but I like Tony’s. DH and I went in Sept 2018 and we enjoyed the food. It’s not Tutto Italia but I’m not sure why Tony’s gets such a bad rap. Skipper Canteen is one of the best meals we’ve had at Disney and the CM we had was fantastically funny. Everyone in my family loved it.

1 Like

Our family likes Tony’s too. It was where I was introduced and fell in love with Tiramisu :heart: We’ve dined at Cindy’s castle two times, both for the castle experience (bring little ones and bigs ones that have never been) and while LOVING the thrill of being IN the castle the food was so poor we would never make it a regular event.

1 Like

Personally, I equate Tony’s with Olive Garden…
Which might be totally acceptable for many, and that’s great.
I’m from a part of the country where you can find 100+ vastly superior Italian restaurants within 20 miles… (NJ) There is no reason to even think about going to Tony’s.

2 Likes

I have heard that it is better in more recent times. Perhaps including 2018. I understand there is a new chef and that the improvement in quality came after that

1 Like

I thought Tony’s was good when I went for dinner. I wasn’t expecting the best Italian in the world, so it did the job. However, when I ate there for the Cruella’s Party during MNSSHP the food was truly terrible…so it gets negative connotations in my mind from that experience.

2 Likes

I had to go with “Jeff screwed up” because picking a favorite MK TS restaurant is like picking a favorite disease…

5 Likes

Let me tell you about this place called Hollywood Studios…

2 Likes

At least it has HBD - that was pretty good when we went.

2 Likes

I grew up and still live in NJ. My Father was a history teacher and I spent a lot of time with him in Philadelphia going to all the historical places. LTT reminds me of City Tavern in Philly. The big difference is the food at LTT is much better. I have done both dinner and lunch there and would do it again and again. Last trip we did Skipper’s and it was ok but just ok. BOG was nice and it is a must do at least once.

1 Like

I haven’t been to all of them yet but I’ve loved the ones we’ve done. I chose Skipper Canteen b/c I liked the ambiance a lot and I think the falafel appetizer was one of the best things I’ve ever eaten.

1 Like

That was my first thought too!

1 Like

a bit of a change of topic, but related… Does anyone have Tables in Wonderland? Do you like it and why? Is it worth it? ok, maybe not right now in the middle of the world gone to hell but setting that aside… tell me what you think, please :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I mine expired at the end of February. I usually buy it. The math is not as easy as it appears. You get 20% off most table services, and some QS restaurants (at resorts where there are not TS restaurants and then random places like Flame Tree). At TS restaurants an 18% gratuity is added to the pre discount amount (minus tax?). A DVC/AP/Visa discount can be offered at many of the TS restaurants but it does not include alcohol. The math gets fuzzy because you need to compare the cost of TiW in relation to that free discount.

I personally love Disney lounges. TiW is allowed in lounges like BlueZoo or Crew’s Cup (no other discounts). I have also used it in TuneIn.

Before alcohol was included in the DP, if the numbers worked for me, I have bought the dining plan and then ordered my meal plus appetizers and drinks and applied TiW to the non DP part of my meal.

1 Like

Thanks for the thoughtful breakdown. I was wondering about my free discounts: AP, DVC, mil.