Poll Time! Best Ride in WDW?

Space will always have a special place in my heart, but honestly, I think it’s more the queue than the ride for me. This was the first ride I went on by myself because nobody in my family did any rollercoasters. The first time through the line at about 8 I chickened out. 2nd time was the charm. I really enjoy walking through and coming up to the loading area.

3 Likes

I enjoy both a lot, just not waiting forever. SDD is a fantastic intermediate rollercoaster between the MK coasters and RnRC. 7DMT I love the theming in the mine, I just wish the was more coaster like the original plan .

1 Like

I’m not a fan of Space Mountain. The one in Disneyland Paris is so much better. In every way.

1 Like

We are only going to ride 7dmt if we get a FP for it on our next trip. It’s not a do or die ride for us. There are at least three rides in the park that have priority over 7DMT. I do love the theme song though!

1 Like

But the question isn’t what is the best ride, despite the heading…the question is if you could only ride one ride, which would it be.

Plenty of rides are better than SM, even at WDW itself. I wasn’t picking the best ride. I was picking the one ride I would choose if it was the only ride. That’s why, for me, it is about nostalgia.

I first rode it around the same age, and I was terrified. Crying, asking my mom why she was making me ride it. Then I did, and immediately wanted to ride it again. Fell in love with it. The queue is part of it…although, when we go, you don’t get a lot of time in the queue itself before you are in the big room where you board.

If they redo it, I hope they keep the essence of the ride, but just put in a much better coaster experience. Of course, keeping the two different sides is a must, IMO.

2 Likes

If anyone hasn’t voted yet, I’m giving it one more day before I move on to Round 2!

So is the one in DL.

Is there any correction for the fact that most people haven’t ridden RotR? And I bet a significant portion haven’t ridden SDD or possibly FoP.

1 Like

I think it’s because it’s adults (mostly) voting on this poll, not 4-7 yr olds.

2 Likes

This is easy for me and it really isn’t even close. Splash Mountain is my favorite ride since the first time I rode it in 2005. Love it! Love it! Love it! I think we road it 6 times our last trip.

2 Likes

Due to logistics of making any such adjustment (with all the other new rides or rides certain people just haven’t ridden for whatever reason), I’m just going to take the results at face value for now. We’ll never have a poll where everyone has ridden every ride.

2 Likes

I feel like the ballot was confusing and people may have mistakenly voted for something besides Splash. Will there be any adjustments for this? :grin:

3 Likes

Will there be an adjustment for @heidelj choosing splash over BTMRR (simple mistake due to their close proximity)?

2 Likes

I voted for RotR but am pulling for Splash! Next round I will switch my vote.

1 Like

It’s the butterfly ballot! I almost picked Pat Buchanan.

2 Likes

Coaster nerds have been working on this problem for decades. There’s some really interesting methodology out there, the more complex of which is to rank every coaster you’ve ever ridden and then to have each coaster face off against the others in a round robin tournament where the “game” is decided by the relative rankings of the two rides by people who have ridden both. Then rank the rides based on win-loss record. Best Roller Coaster Poll

A less sophisticated method is to just have people rate a ride from 1-5 and average the results.

Maybe worth thinking about when it comes to elections. Probably not worth the effort for informal Disney ride polls.

2 Likes

Is there a correction for the fact that anyone who didn’t vote as I did is wrong?

Presumably discounting their vote is the simplest solution.

Or perhaps establish an Electoral College and make the ride with the fewest votes the winner #politics #Iwentthere

4 Likes

Cool idea! I’ve seen these but they can get a bit complicated.

Also makes people feel like they’re not participating in the final poll. Participation is half the fun.

No you’d just have to run to be an Elector and get people to trust you making the decision on their behalf. :wink:

1 Like

I am fine with @sanstitre_has_left_the_building making ADR choices for me. And honestly, I think I’d be okay with his ride choices. I’m pretty sure if this was “pick 10 rides at WDW to go on for a one day trip” his list would include many of the same rides as mine. But I’m just not sure that RotR will wow me so much that it could replace Splash as my favorite.

2 Likes