Poll Time! Best ride in UOR?

No loop, just a 0-120mph launch into the vertical hill. Magnum is absolutely a rough one… it’s old and it shows, but I still like it. Really, Intamin seem to be the only ones who’ve mastered building coasters that don’t start to get rough by about the 10 year mark.

If you rode Raptor (green one where your feet dangle) then that’s a good idea of where Manta will be in 15 years, unless B&M figured it out in the last 8-10 years or so.

We rode every single roller coaster* (including the one in Snoopy’s) plus the two pay drop rides (the swinging one and the bungy one) and we did the giant swings, the drop tower (dropping down but not the shooting up side) and the the thing that spins and swings. So to be fair to Magnum XL, it was literally our last ride of a very long and hot July weekend day! (We were able to do this because we stayed onsite at the Breakers I think it was called and came in the back entrance, I think we may even have had early entry and we had whatever their version of express is). It was a LOT! But it was only the last one that did me in. The Raptor I do remember being rough but not as bad as Magnum.

*Valravn was closed because cars had crashed together prior to our visit. it had a bunch of test dummies in it. But we rode everything else.

Yeah… since Mean Streak was turned into Steel Vengeance I think Magnum is for sure the roughest. Blue Streak (old blue wooden one) is also very rough, but it’s short and so much fun for such a small coaster.

You’re not missing anything with Valravn, especially if you’ve been on Sheikra at Busch Gardens. I wanted to love it, because I loved Shiekra and it would be great to have that at my home park, but it’s just not exciting at all, even in the front row.

1 Like

I have never been to Busch Gardens…I finally made it to NASA this trip so maybe next time I got to Florida. I’m venturing out a bit more.

2 Likes

It’s worth the trip, and my friend found a bus trip that takes you there and brings you back so that’s apparently an option if you don’t want to drive.

I’m okay with driving but good to know. I prefer to have a car in Florida. In Cali too honestly cuz I have family in the area.

1 Like

Perhaps. Banshee, at King’s Island, is orders of magnitude better than Raptor was even when Raptor first opened. I think they are improving.

We did a BG/SW/AQ vacation in 2014 around our DCL cruise. They really are great parks. We bought a two week pass at that time. And some meal plans.

1 Like

We have a Sea World here and I’d agree it’s not a bad park. It’s no Disney but I always preferred it to Six Flags. However, I’m not allowed to go anymore. I try to stand with DD when she picks a cause. :wink: I don’t know if that applies to BG since it’s the same owner. I’ve always wanted to check out AQ. Does it still exist?

You scared me! I had to look it up - it is still there.

Aquatica Orlando - Florida Water Park | Aquatica Orlando

I want to do a day pass to Discovery Cove (which I understand wouldn’t be good for you) and get the one week pass to the other parks that comes with it. But I haven’t sold my family on the idea. I think it may end up a mother/daughter thing one of these days.

1 Like

Oh it’s Discovery Cove I wanted to check out. That’s the one where they limit attendance?

1 Like

I mean, if they hadn’t improved at all over 20 years I’d be pretty disappointed. I think the last time I was at King’s Island was opening weekend in 2019, and I liked it then. That one hasn’t hit the 10-year mark yet, though. I personally don’t mind a rough ride, as long as it’s still fun. I love the Beast, and I was a Mean Streak Stan right up until the end. Vortex at KI, Corkscrew at CP, and every Boomerang ever can all die in a fire, though, and I’m pretty sure Vortex is gone now, right?

Yes. Aquatica is their general waterpark.
DC includes animal encounters, though they aren’t likely required. It’s a boutique experience.
I really want to try it with my girls.

Uh. No. Almost the worst ride ever, even though when it opened I loved it. Vortex literally threw my spine out of whack. (And yes, it is gone now.) Son of Beast was worse though… wasn’t sorry to see it go. Banshee is so much better in that spot.

The Beast has had the worst parts retracked for this year…it is so much better! Definitely not smooth…still rough…but much more enjoyable rather than trying to keep your head on! :joy:

1 Like

I didn’t even think that was worth mentioning. I must just have a mental block around it, because I tend to forget it even existed. I remember a whole big group of us from Cedar Point got free KI tickets from HR for the opening (I feel like it was a weekday, but the CP wasn’t open yet). We were all so excited to ride it, and then shocked at how awful it was. I don’t think I rode it again until at least 10 years later when a friend from NJ insisted.

1 Like

Bumping this for anyone who missed it. So far we have a clear winner in IoA (Hagrid’s) but we will likely need a runoff for USF! Both Gringott’s and the Mummy are over 50%.

I’m a little surprised Velocicoaster isn’t over 50% - is it because people haven’t experienced it yet, or because it’s too scary? :thinking:

Probably a bit of both.

1 Like

I didn’t vote for it because I haven’t had a chance to ride it yet.

1 Like

Same! Haven’t ridden it but expect it to be in my top three after the next trip!

1 Like

Round 2 is live!

2 Likes