Poll Time! Best ride in UOR? Round 2

I miss some of the old things there–there was an Alfred Hitchcock thing (experience)? I don’t remember much about it. I loved Twister, and Earthquake I think it was called…I used to love UOR more than Disney.

4 Likes

That’s my thought process as well. I love streetmosphere and character interactions and shows. And Diagon Alley is the most beautifully immersive land in any theme park I’ve ever been to and I will fight anyone that says otherwise. I could (and did) spend hours in there just enjoying it, even with it only having 1 ride.

If Diagon Alley weren’t in USF, I would probably choose IoA, even with Beat Builders and Beetlejuice and Horror Makeup and Bourne and the acapella group.

7 Likes

No thank you.

4 Likes

That’s not necessarily crazy. How much more?

2 Likes

Correct

4 Likes

I also agree with this. It’s the land by which all others are compared.

3 Likes

This is at the heart of it, though.

You go for USF because of Diagon Alley. But then you lose Hogwart’s Castle (and VC).

(The fact that UOR split WWOHP and then linked them with the HE was a masterstroke of business management. UOR is run by smarter people than WDW.)

11 Likes

I feel the same about USF. I prefer to hang out in that park. However, DA is the cherry on top of USF. It’s what made me a hardcore HP fan. (No joke) I only “liked” the books, but once I could step inside them I became a real fan!

4 Likes

Ok.

Anyone that gets sick on FJ is not allowed to vote in the new poll. So redact your vote please.

:joy: :laughing:

6 Likes

What if you like the ride system better for Gringotts? does that not count either?

1 Like

Impossible

:joy:

2 Likes

There’s seems to be some confusion here. Perhaps I can help clear it up.

Gringott’s

is better than

FJ

I’m happy to have been of assistance. No need to thank me. The pleasure was mine.

8 Likes

This poll is now closed! Hagrid’s won in a landslide:

I also did this poll just for fun to see how IoA vs USF rides generally stack up against each other. Interesting to me that the highest rated ride in USF (Mummy) is 3rd in UOR overall, well behind Hagrid’s and Velocicoaster, with Gringott’s not far behind in 4th. Forbidden Journey is way behind percentage-wise, coming in at #5. (Sorry @bebe80 :rofl:)

6 Likes

Nice work @Jeff_AZ.
Another great poll :smiley::clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

2 Likes

:blush:

Thank you. :bowing_man:

(That emoji is called “bowing man,” even though it looks like a guy doing push-ups. :rofl:)

1 Like

:expressionless:

3 Likes

As we have all agreed, the first poll was nonsense. The fact it was a landslide demonstrates this.

The second was much more interesting and the results make a lot of sense. Clearly Hagrid’s and VC are the best rides in UOR and, given typical wait times, VC is indeed less popular.

Slightly surprised that Mummy came third. And astonished MIB came fifth.

3 Likes

But when only voting for USF (round 1), results were a lot different with Gringotts over Mummy easily:

2 Likes

I think this is just a function of who voted in which poll. We need at least 100 voters to get a definitive answer, and the UOR section of the forum unfortunately doesn’t draw that kind of readership.

3 Likes

Yes, but my vote counts for ten.

3 Likes