Poll Time! Best ride in UOR? Round 2

I know. I don’t actually think USF is lame, just giving Jeff a rough time!

5 Likes

Yeah but we didn’t need a poll to know if Hagrid’s was the most popular Jeffrey! We already know that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: The top 3 or 5 in order would have been nice to know!!! :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I’ll slot it into my 2024-25 polling schedule. :rofl:

3 Likes

Cool, thanks. I’m easy to please. :joy:

3 Likes

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building

“The Jurassic World VelociCoaster is the best ride at Universal Orlando Resort”

3 Likes

Correct

2 Likes

Sadly the credibility of the source is zero given the remainder of the rankings which are clearly the work of a lunatic.

1 Like

I am a huge coaster enthusiast. I ride any and every coaster. VC is a great ride…but it can’t even come close to holding a candle to Hagrid’s. Seven launches, a drop, a reverse section, and two distinct ways to ride? VC, on the other hand, is not altogether different from other coasters. It has two launches, but then so does other coasters such as Maverick which have been around a long time. The top hat is nothing special. The two best moments are the prolonged inversion moment, and the barrel roll over the water.

So, I am afraid VC is a DISTANT second to Hagrid’s to me. I could ride Hagrid’s all day and never grow tired of it. VC I would probably do once or twice and be ready to move on.

Having said that…VC is definitely the number TWO coaster at UOR. Which brings me the point that if you planned to combine IOA and USF rides into the same poll on the second round, VC should have been in the mix…top two choices from each. Wouldn’t change the finale outcome, but it would better show the ranking across parks. Right now, it would look like The Mummy is the second best ride at UOR, which isn’t likely true. But it is still the best ride at USF!

3 Likes

You guys are insufferable.

Here’s your gd poll. :rofl:

Best ride at UOR - select 3.

• Hagrid’s
  • Velocicoaster
  • Gringott’s
  • Mummy
  • Forbidden Journey
  • Spider-Man
  • Men In Black
  • Rip Ride Rockit
  • JP River Adventure
  • Hulk
  • E.T.
  • Hogwarts Express

0 voters

This is just to see relative rankings across UOR - not to replace the results of the main poll. :wink:

5 Likes

For future reference, “Hey, could you do a poll on X / using X methodology?!” will be more appreciated than, “Your poll is wrong and you should have done X!” Making polls is tough work.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. :kissing_heart:

14 Likes

I appreciate your polls Jeff and the discourse is good entertainment. Nice distraction from the real world! :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Ps I voted for Hagrids both times so however you did it looks like Hagrids is gonna win cuz I’m right. :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

I’m afraid you should have listed the rides in alphabetical order in order to prevent bias…

Oh. Um. I LOVE your new poll! Keep up the excellent work! You are appreciated.

:grin:

3 Likes

I always enjoy Jeff’s polls. And the banter that follows… :+1:t2:
Thank you @Jeff_AZ :star_struck:

2 Likes

Mummy is better than Gringotts but I couldn’t choose it over Hagrid’s.

5 Likes

Ditto. I mean the first time you ride both there is a surprise but one is a more unique roller coaster surprise. They are both fantastic. I wish they’d add the creepy crawly feeling you get in Hollywood on Mummy to the Floridian version and this would be an even tougher choice.

2 Likes

I enjoy Universal Studios more than IoA (immediately ducks and covers head)

4 Likes

I agree with you to a point. I think IOA has, overall, better rides…but rides are not the sum total of enjoyment. I find the vibes, sights, and relaxed atmosphere of USF (as compared to IOA) more enjoyable.

But, honestly, if I had to go and only do one park, I feel it would be a Sophie’s choice moment. (Well, okay…not THAT extreme, but still…a very difficult decision!)

5 Likes

Universal Studios was my favourite park the first time we came to Florida in 1992 - so no AK and no IOA. If I could only visit one now it would be IOA though.

3 Likes