Poll Time! Best QS Restaurant in HS?

Next poll in the Quick Service Dining series … Hollywood Studios! I’m definitely gonna need some help on this one for my upcoming trip … so much mediocre food at HS. Feel free to comment about your meal strategy for HS days.

Here is the link to the Magic Kingdom poll, which will also link to the other polls in the series.

Which is your favorite quick service restaurant in Hollywood Studios?

• ABC Commissary
  • Backlot Express
  • Catalina Eddie’s
  • Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo
  • Dockside Diner
  • Fairfax Fare
  • PizzeRizzo
  • Ronto Roasters
  • Rosie’s All-American Cafe
  • The Trolley Car Cafe
  • Woody’s Lunch Box

0 voters

Note: I included all quick service restaurants listed on the Touring Plans Hollywood Studios Dining web page. I did not include food stands or snack carts.

Jeff's Official Polling Rules for Cynics and Skeptics

In case of a tournament, the following protocols will be followed:

• All voters are eligible to participate regardless of their familiarity with the various options
  • Voters may cast or change their vote as desired until the poll is closed (generally timed)
  • The first option to receive over 50% in any round upon closing of the poll is deemed the winner
  • The percentage displayed by the forum software will be deemed the official result, regardless of the absolute number of votes cast (i.e., rounding differences may be decisive)
  • If no option receives over 50%, additional rounds will be held
    • All options receiving 15% or more will advance to the next round
    • If all options have received 15% or more, the option receiving the lowest % of the vote will be eliminated
    • In the case of a tie, the option receiving the higher % in the previous round will advance
      • If there is still a tie after following the above rules, the option listed first by the forum software in the results will advance
  • All results are final – no recounts, re-dos, challenges, or complaints will be accepted; however, discussion and debate is welcome.
  • Have a magical day! :rainbow::european_castle::fireworks:

I picked Backlot NOT because it has some amazing menu, but what it does have is tasty, and the offers are such that you should find something to please everyone.

Docking Bay has some unique items, but as a group, we found it harder to find things on the menu for everyone. And what my DS10 did find that he would eat wasn’t very good (I tried it myself).

Everyone left Backlot well satisfied…enough that my wife and I made it our top choice for QS on our return in December at HS.

2 Likes

DB7 without having been there yet. I’ve only been to a few of these, but thought ABC was blah (heard it’s improved now) and was left wanting more from my Ronto Wrap. Wife agreed when we go back DB7 is a must, and I trust it will easily top what I’ve experienced to this point in HS.

1 Like

Hahaha this isn’t even fair.

2 Likes

I didn’t vote for pizza Rizzo but did have a ball there. I loved the party room so much! Food was fine but the atmosphere was great!

1 Like

Agree with Randall. There’s no question.

But also agree with Ryan…my kids would not eat the DB7 food. With them, we did Rosie’s and it was totally fine. Or really we just could have gotten them a Mickey pretzel and that would have sufficed too.

1 Like

DB7 is awesome. Go there now. Consider how this poll would have gone prior to September 2019. Ouch.

2 Likes

I picked Rosies because it’s where we usually end up, but backlot was a close second. In our last trip we took the skyliner over to Riviera and ate at their QS. We are going to docking bay and Ronto roasters in April. I’m hoping I come away with a new favorite.

2 Likes

Backlot recommendations? I can’t remember what we ordered but I do remember that out of four meals the only edible thing was the chicken fingers.

1 Like

The burgers were decent, not outstanding. The cuban was really good, though.

1 Like

It’s always hard to pick one quick service. I have three go tos for different reasons.

1 Like

I haven’t voted yet - I can’t decide if I really like any enough to vote for it. I almost voted for Woody’s - I like the food, but not the seating, lack of shade, and cramped window service setup. I haven’t tried the places in Batuu yet.

1 Like

I picked Woody’s because their grilled cheese was the best I ever had. I am have Docking Bay and ABC on my list for next time though…maybe Ronto Roasters depending on what the day brings.