Poll Time! Best Pixar Film - Round 2

Time for Round 2 of our Pixar Poll! Here is the link to Round 1 for those who missed it.

Any option that received 15% or more has advanced to this round in a single poll instead of a split. To narrow things down, you can only vote for 2 options this time rather than 3.

What is the best Pixar film? (Vote for 2)

• Toy Story (1995)
  • Monsters, Inc. (2001)
  • Up (2009)
  • The Incredibles (2004)
  • Finding Nemo (2003)
  • Ratatouille (2007)
  • Cars (2006)
  • Coco (2017)
  • Inside Out (2015)
  • Brave (2012)

0 voters

I had another poll in the thread for the best sequel. We’ll narrow that down as well.

Poll 2: Which is the best Pixar SEQUEL? (Vote for 2)

• Toy Story 2 (1999)
  • Toy Story 3 (2010)
  • Incredibles 2 (2018)
  • Finding Dory (2016)
  • Monsters University (2013)

0 voters

As an FYI, Toy Story clearly won the Best Franchise poll. No surprise there.

Jeff's Official Polling Rules for Cynics and Skeptics

In case of a tournament, the following protocols will be followed:

• All voters are eligible to participate regardless of their familiarity with the various options
  • Voters may cast or change their vote as desired until the poll is closed (generally timed)
  • The first option to receive over 50% in any round upon closing of the poll is deemed the winner
  • The percentage displayed by the forum software will be deemed the official result, regardless of the absolute number of votes cast (i.e., rounding differences may be decisive)
  • If no option receives over 50%, additional rounds will be held
    • All options receiving 15% or more will advance to the next round
    • If all options have received 15% or more, the option receiving the lowest % of the vote will be eliminated
    • In the case of a tie, the option receiving the higher % in the previous round will advance
      • If there is still a tie after following the above rules, the option listed first by the forum software in the results will advance
  • All results are final – no recounts, re-dos, challenges, or complaints will be accepted; however, discussion and debate is welcome.
  • Have a magical day! :rainbow::european_castle::fireworks:
4 Likes

I almost voted for Coco and Toy Story! Our tastes are clearly aligning. I associate Monsters Inc. with DD22 so it is a real sentimental favorite.

2 Likes

My vote was inconsistent with last time since I voted for Cars over Toy Story. But since Toy Story 2 was out I felt like I needed to vote for one in that franchise.

1 Like

I hope I don’t have to choose between Coco and Inside Out when it’s time for round 3

3 Likes

To answer this question I am thinking to myself, “Which one will I stop and watch each and every time it’s on.”

Although most of them are really good movies, only a few would fall into that. And my voting could be all over the map from the last round because you’re making me pick between all my favorites and that’s cruel.

3 Likes

Wow, almost all of these (ok not necessarily the sequels) are legit 4-star movies. I used to get paid to write movie reviews, and I remember writing a year-end summary where I thought The Incredibles was the best movie I saw that year. And I didn’t even vote for it here.

3 Likes

I don’t think @ryan1 has voted yet - no votes for or comments about The Incredibles yet. :rofl:

1 Like

Corrected.

1 Like

Am I allowed to switch my vote to engineer success for an undervalued film? Cars is too good to get single digit representation.

Too late. Done. You can put me in time out if I broke the rules.

2 Likes

You can vote strategically! Nothing in the rules against that. You can also have a dog on your basketball team if you like.

1 Like

How about a rabbit?

3 Likes

*checks notes *

You know, there’s nothing in the rules against that either. Huh.

5 Likes

Only being able to vote for two is actually ok for me in this round because I think I might love Inside Out and Brave quite evenly. My next choice would be Coco, but since that’s already getting a lot of love I’m ok with not giving it my vote.

3 Likes

Tough choice between Toy Story and Up …

1 Like

How can Monsters Inc possibly be beating out The Incredibles? It is a great movie, sure…but better than The Incredbles? No way.

(I feel the same way about Coco…saw it once, with zero desire to watch it again…at least Monster’s Inc I have seen multiple times and would watch it again.)

1 Like

That will be exactly my dilemma if they both make it through!

3 Likes

Well after having watching Cars at least 300 times in my 4 year old’s short life, I can confidently tell you all that you are SEVERELY underestimating this film. The final race never fails to make me tear up. The King finishes his last race, y’all.

6 Likes

I agree with you Cars is great! It and Toy Story and my now teens favorite movies. We watched them repeatedly over their preschool years and my DS14 still looks at all the cars in the target toy section to make sure they don’t have a new one that he needs. Cars is a great story without a really villain. Love it!

4 Likes

I just read a thing called A Marriage Story on theringer.com about the first 10 minutes of Up.

It recounts the amount of work that went into that 10 minutes. And how profoundly moving (sad) it is to people.

3 Likes

My husband follows that … ?page?

Each day since the bracket went “live” he has been sharing the offerings with me and letting me choose to see if I choose the same way as the bracketeers.
They’ve gotten a few wrong, but most right.

I shared with him our ongoing poll here in turn.

5 Likes