Poll Time! Best Disney Resort Hotel Location

Three parks via monorail?

Nope.

Oh I see your mono to EP and walk to HS? That’s gonna take a minute.

4 Likes

It feels quick to me. Because Disney. I mean, I know it’s not technically quick but it really is a lovely walk: it’s worth the time.

1 Like

Wow, this poll got super complicated even before I read the thread I was having these arguments in my head.

I’m torn between Poly (triple monorail, ferry) and Boardwalk (walk, ferry, skyliner). So tough and the multiple transportation options is why!

Ultimately I chose BWV but could change my mind at any minute.

But next we need most relaxing so there can be a match up between my other two favorite - AKL and WL.

Edit: clarification- by triple monorail I mean 3 monorail options, not 3 parks!

1 Like

That only works of you don’t mind a long walk (plus either another long walk, a Skyliner ride or a boat), plus have park hoppers.

1 Like

Vote updated. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I love staying on the skyliner lines, however I’ve never stayed on the monorail loop (staying there next week, so I may have to update when I get back.
But, I really enjoy the sky oven’s so I don’t know what can beat them…

1 Like

Yes and yes. Hence my vote :wink:

1 Like

I’m feeling dense tonight. Which category includes BW/BC/YC?

1 Like

Ferry / Boat.

1 Like

I went with Monorail for this round but will most likey change when other decision points become available

1 Like

When we stayed at Beach Club we were in the building closest to Epcot. We walked down the stairs (instead of threw all those long hallways) and it was a very short walk to Epcot. We took the boat to Hollywood Studios. I consider BC a walking resort. OTOH, I’d never stay at a resort that mainly relies on the Skyliner because the window distortion makes me motion sick.

1 Like

Wait I just changed my vote to SL and you’ve changed it again to Ferry? This is confusing!

1 Like

Alright so I’ve changed my vote for the third time. I love the SL but since it goes down so much in the summer I’m choosing monorail. It I actually really really like YC/BC/BWI walking. :joy: maybe I’ll switch back to SL at some time.

2 Likes

There are 9 votes that should be moved from here. This poll is tainted :rofl:

1 Like

It would be super interesting to cross reference this poll with a family demographics poll. For us, the monorail is a lovely form of transportation, but we have little need to be that far away from everything else. Without littles, we’re just not going to MK often enough to justify the longer transportation to the other parks. Even Epcot because of the transfer at TTC.

4 Likes

I’m wondering if anyone bothered to read @Jeff_AZ 's rules for his polls. Where basically he says he writes them so deal with it.

3 Likes

Yes, but you can’t make a poll, release it, then later change the details. Sorry @Jeff_AZ you know I’m just picking on you!

3 Likes

He’s fun to pick on, isn’t he? He’s such a good sport about it.

4 Likes

This. This is a good point. Hmm… might go for the vote change. When does this poll close?!
I have littles, but we just don’t, and won’t, spend a disproportionate amount of time at MK. It’s kinda all 4 parks or bust at this point. And we had no transportation issues with littles while staying at BC. It was all pretty easy.

3 Likes

I leave them open for one week generally.

Don’t worry - all the best hotels will make it on to the next round, regardless of this little snafu. In fact, the only hotels that will be eliminated if the current voting stands are bus-only resorts.

3 Likes