Poll Time! Best Disney Resort Hotel Location

I chose monorail because access to MK and EP. From a transportation standpoint (still love EP resorts though too!)

1 Like

Hey! @Jeff_AZ when this poll is closed could you create a poll on if Swan/dolphin/reserve and BW/BC/YC are walking resorts , boat resorts, or skyliner resorts and we all agree to never, ever argue about it again- once the winner is declared?

7 Likes

Not necessary because I will not make this mistake again! :rofl:

What do you think we agreed to?

2 Likes

Sounds like Crescent Lake is walking resorts. But now I think about it, seems like they should at least be Boat resorts if Iā€™m going by fanciest transport available. I can solve it by saying, ā€œResorts near a Skyliner station.ā€

Come to think of it, technically, YC/BC/BW would be a Ferry-Boat/Skyliner/Walking/Bus resort.

3 Likes

Iā€™d say its a monorail resort because it has its own designated stop/station. So likewise I would only say CBR, RR, Pop, and AoA are skyliner resorts, but I see what youā€™re getting at for the purposes of the poll.

3 Likes

But is it a snack?

5 Likes

This is a good answer and would have solved my Skyliner issue. Oh well, next time.

Yes, this bothered me too about Poly. The only reason Iā€™m trying to rent points is because with the new murphy beds and split bath with two showers I think we can wing it if itā€™s just our immediate family. But Iā€™d really rather have a 1 bedroom suite and a full 2nd bath so DH and I can have privacy and my teens prefer it too. But Iā€™ve got to try it and I cannot afford (I mean maybe if I go once a year or give up on college for the kidsā€¦those bungalow prices and after reading about the loud ferry horn in the guide Iā€™m not inclined to risk that).

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I chose Skyliner because there is just something about Boardwalk that draws me in. Every time I see a picture from inside that resort I am transported back to our 2019 trip that was absolutely amazing!

That being said, I am staying at the Poly for the first time in March, so things might change.

I should probably add that Iā€™ve only ever stayed at AKL-K, Ft. Wilderness, CSR-GDT, and Boardwalk. I loved them all for very different reasons! Our next trip is Poly/AKL-J/YC. I anticipate loving them all too!

3 Likes

I donā€™t think walking resort should even be a category :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I agree with youā€¦AKLK and BW are my two faves so far in that order and for very different reasons.
I have done YC thoughā€¦I like it better than BC but not better than BW

1 Like

Based on the definition that if it as Skyliner access it is Skyliner, or if it has Monorail access it is a Monorail resort, then is there ANY resort that meets the definition of a walking resort???

1 Like

That certainly helps. But once youā€™ve gone 1BR or larger itā€™s hard to think about going back.

1 Like

I knowā€¦That 2 bedroom we had was amazing and you can get that at AKL for what the studio is at Poly. Thatā€™s worth taking Lyfts everywhere and the bus to MK! But I also have this thing where I want to try them all so Iā€™m shooting for Poly next since MK and EPC are the the only two parks I plan to visit. Iā€™m crossing all my fingers and toes everything is finished in EPC and Tron is in MK by Dec 29th!

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d call POFQ a ferry resort since that wonā€™t (directly) get you to a theme park, only DS or POR. This poll just shows that most places are combinations, not just a single mode place.

4 Likes

We just returned from a week at the Poly and hands down was the best for us. We had the choice between boat or monorail to head to MK, used Uber to go to HS and AK, and walked to the TTC to catch the direct monorail to Epcot.

3 Likes

Iā€™d Group it like
Monorail (CR, Poly, and GF including all DVCs)
Skyliner (Pop, AoA, CBR and RR)
Boat (WL, FW, BC, YC, BW, Dolphin and Swan)
Bus (everything else)

2 Likes