Poll Time! Best Disney Resort Hotel Location Round 3

Yup BW wins!

4 Likes

Yea I was just about to add that BW is the clear winner for HS and for Epcot itā€™s all quite even (for the 3).

BW is so big that room location can add up to about 0.25mi of walking distance

2 Likes

Or subtract. When we stayed on the BWV side, our walk to HS was shortened quite a bit base on where our room wasā€¦but our walk to EP was that much longer.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™ve been in the very last hall very close to that back staircase with a view of the tennis courts which was fabulous for DHS.

2 Likes

Are your numbers from the lobby?

1 Like

Looks like it

1 Like

Thanks, my response was to the first post!

1 Like

yea the earlier numbers were from the lobby too. Villa end is about 0.15mi closer to HS (or further from IG)

1 Like

ah yes, I shouldā€™ve said it can vary that much. 0.25mi is roughly the total length of the building.

by the way, I donā€™t think there is an entrance anywhere in the Epcot end of the BW building (above ESPN, where CL is too), I reckon you have to walk all the way to the lobby when walking to IG. Since the building is long, this is over 1000ft which I can say from experience feels a bit annoying :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

oops! LOL

1 Like

Yeah, I think you are right. When we were club level right before the pandemic hit (well it was hitting we just didnā€™t know it yet) I went down the back staircase thinking it would get me somewhereā€¦it dumped me out by the garden rooms that have those little cute gardens out front. And I had to backtrack to the lobby.

1 Like

There is an elevator/stairway/exit by FF

1 Like

I found walking to be great in the morning to make sure I had full control of being to the park for rope drop. But for getting back to BC, the Skyliner was nearly immediate. The IG station is right next to the walkway to the DVC villas at BC.

1 Like

We thought about it (using the skyliner) but when they told us weā€™d have to do a transfer we opted to walk.

1 Like

With four little kids it was totally worth the hassle of transferring. It honestly isnā€™t that bad. Would be easier without a stroller though. :joy:

Yes, Iā€™m beyond those days but remember them well. I remember a solo trip I took with my kids when they were 3 and 5. They both fell asleep in my double stroller while waiting for the bus. Somehow I was supposed to carry them both and break it down when the bus arrived it was awful. I do believe another person helped me.

*This was a big reason I have a stronger connection with DLR. No having to take strollers on anything.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been there! :rofl::rofl::rofl: Thank goodness for the kindness of strangers. :wink:

2 Likes

Takes a village!

1 Like

The only entrance I could find was next to the grass area, it had a staircase and single elevator that took you next to the Bellevue bar and then to 3 elevators leading to room floors.

1 Like

Yes, that is the side of FF

1 Like