Poll Time! Best and Worst Queue in WDW? Nominations Thread

I was totally awe-struck by Winnie the Pooh when I first went through that queue in 2018. I see it’s not winning any awards with you folks, but it would totally be in my “top queue” list.

JC is just the worst. Reasons have been detailed. Give it the gold.

1 Like

JC and BTMRR are the worst. Deceptively long, so hot.

EE is the best, so much to look at.

3 Likes

Worst - Soarin’, Buzz, JC, MMRR, SDD

1 Like

Worst: Astro orbiter. It is actually a very cool ride but I hardly ever ride it because of the terrible queue. It’s another where you just stand there and think you are finally making progress, but then ride an excruciatingly slow elevator to stand in another line.

Best: Peter Pan. Just so delightful and gives me big Disney nostalgia. The shadow wall is the best.

4 Likes

Best: Expedition Everest. The outdoor portion is beautiful and the indoor portion has so much interesting stuff to look at. I’m a sucker for all of the theming in the Asia section of AK.

5 Likes

Ooh, this is a good contender for worst. While in theory I like the elevator (kids love elevators), it slows down the boarding process, especially with Covid and limitations on parties in the same elevator. (I think those have been removed, but it was a real pain in May/June.)

1 Like

Best: Frozen Ever After. Feels more realistic than the sets during the ride.

Worst: Tomorrowland Speedway. Hot and Loud.

5 Likes

and smells of fuel… cough… gag… :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

I’ll nominate this one for one of the worst (but not worst), actually. The more recent additions to the queue have made it more tolerable. But that’s a very recent change, relatively speaking. But it has been such a slow moving line, it can feel like you are never going to get there. :confused:

I do agree Astro Orbiter is a very bad queue.

One of my favorite queues is PotC.

1 Like

Um, I can set off “explosions”?

1 Like

This is an older article but it outlines it all for you.

https://www.worldofwalt.com/big-thunder-mountain-interactive-queue-pictures.html

There are videos if you search youtube too but for some reason I can’t get to youtube from work today

1 Like

Wow. Mind blown. Granted, we are usually flying through that queue with fast passes. Thanks!

2 Likes

Best: Rise, FOP, Falcon, Tower, Everest, Frozen, Nemo, Toy Story Mania, Pirates,

Worst: SDD, Safari, NRJ, Soarin, Test Track, SSE, JC, SDMT, Splash, and prob unpopular opinion… but I didn’t love the Remy line. The outdoor waiting portion was brutal in the heat this past week.

2 Likes

Best:

EE because this is my favorite ride and I love how something that feels kind of like an amusement park roller coaster queue actually has you immersed in the world of “Yeti’s are real” by the time you get to treturned.

Worst;

ASTRO Orbitor for reasons already stated, but the queue actively keeps me from riding it.

Splash: I feel like I am in a never ending cattle shoot and half of the sparse decorations remind me of why that ride needs to be rethemed.

2 Likes

Keep the nominations coming! I will probably create the poll tomorrow sometime.

1 Like

One per park, I guess.

Best: PPF, TSM, FEA, EE
Worst: TS, SDD, SE, KS

I think Spaceship Earth is the only one of mine that hasn’t been mentioned yet. Boring turnstiles outside, maybe in the shade, maybe not.

1 Like

Actual poll is live:

3 Likes

meh…this took too long to put together. I have no interest in participating now.

:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes