Poll Time: A RARE date night opportunity

So, looks like DH and I may get a date night in May, which would be our first since January of 2020 when we spent our time in Batuu. We’re staying at Beach Club and will have a car if needed. We will have also stayed a night at AKL and will have (hopefully) done dinner with the kiddos at Sanaa while there. Date night will probably start at 5pm. I should note we have already eaten at Homecomin’ and may be doing it again with the larger crew on this trip as well.

Unfortunately, AK closes at 5 that night and while MK is open until 6, we’ll do two days/dinners there with the kids. Epcot and HS are open until 7, so we could do some attractions/exploring and food/drinks. Or we could skip parks and just go for an old fashioned dinner date. What would you do??

• Go back to Batuu, try and snag Oga’s
  • Walk around world showcase, snacking and drinking along the way, maybe grab a post-close ADR at Rose&Crown or Hacienda or Chefs de France
  • Head to Disney Springs (tell me in the comments your suggested spot: Homecomin’, Boathouse, Wine Bar George, the Edison, something else)
  • Explore another resort (tell me in the comments your suggested spot: Boma, Jiko, Kona Cafe, California Grill, something else)
  • Try and snag a Beaches & Cream res for 2, share a milkshake, and walk around Crescent lake

0 voters

Thanks in advance!!

1 Like

It entirely depends on your personality which of these would be best for you - I would enjoy all of these, to be honest! But I chose Epcot cause there’s just so much to see and do, and so much good food, and also it’s not so fun for kids, so probably a great date opportunity.

3 Likes

DW and I love California Grill. That would be our choice for a date night.

3 Likes

I think u should do Epcot. Like Jeff said kids don’t normally love the world showcase parts so it gives you a chance to enjoy that. Also with limited time it is going to give you the most time since u can walk over from Beach Club.

2 Likes

Don’t do Oga’s. It was our biggest “wow this is so different” moment when bf and I went. I wound do Cali Grill.

Epcot if you want to stay in the vicinity.

Cali Grill if you want to splurge and be really grown up.

2 Likes

I would probably pick Epcot or Cali Grill. Even without fireworks to watch Cali Grill would still be a beautiful view, and the food really is that good.

People who have been recently, are the lounges at the the other monorail resorts open? Normally I would encourage people to start an evening by doing the monorail loop and the going to CG but but sure that’s an option right now.

1 Like

I don’t know what a date night is because I’m unloveable, but I imagine that Oga’s is very much not the right place for one.

1 Like

Tambu and Enchanted Rose are both open.

Trader Sams is not.

1 Like

That is a lie from the pit of hell.

Spot on accurate.

3 Likes

Date with DH in the world show case would be a dream! So many places to check out and fun food and drinks to try. Plus easy from your hotel.

That’s probably fair. I do have Calvin.

3 Likes

I don’t understand the hate for Oga’s!! My DH and I had a lovely date there last year…but then, I don’t understand why @sanstitre_has_left_the_building hates on himself either. So what do I know?!

Loving the input so far. It’s pretty clear there’s a front runner here.

1 Like

I answered to check out another resort, although I could have just as easily picked walking around World Showcase.

But I picked resort because I absolutely LOVED going to eat at the Wilderness Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge with my wife for our “anniversary dinner”. (Okay…nevermind the entire trip was an anniversary trip.) But seeing the beauty of WL was inspirational, and you can walk the groups if you want, looking at Geiser Point, etc.

Of course, we also loved the actual meal at Olivia’s in OKW. In fact, it was our favorite meal of the entire trip. I wouldn’t really call the vibe “date night”, though. More casual.

Still, walking around WS is lovely as well, and we did plenty of that, too.

1 Like

I voted for you to go and explore Epcot without kids. But really if it were me I would do a combo. Go enjoy Epcot till about 6:30-6:45 then have a later dinner at Cali Grill. All of our trips are without kids now which means every dinner is just the 2 of us. However we eat at Cali Grill once every trip. That is the night that feels like a date night for us. We get dressed up nice and just enjoy a dining experience. CG seems to do a better job of pacing out the meal. You are not getting your next course before you finish the one you are working on. We had a fabulous waiter the last time. He did not put our main course meal order in until we were done with our appetizers. He said we have some time why not go outside and enjoy he patio.

4 Likes

Was definitely already considering this given advice so far!

1 Like

No hate. It’s great. Really immersive. Imagineering at its best. But (pre-COVID) it’s loud and jam-packed and they’re desperate for you to drink up and ship out. Not what I’d call romantic.

Probably best not to go there.

1 Like

Was leaning towards Batuu and Oga’s as it might have the potential to become “your spot” since you were there for your last date night.

But I voted for World Showcase. Seems the experience with the most potential for that special kind of ambience and charm that children just mercilessly obliterate.

2 Likes

I don’t think there’s hate, but it’s not where I would imagine going for a date either. I’m so glad you and your DH loved it though!

I like the way you think. Why choose just one? Best of both worlds works for me!

1 Like