2 Likes

Oh! It doesn’t show who picked what this time… :cry:

1. Everest
  2. Slinky
  3. Space Mt.
6 Likes

All good choices!

2 Likes

Space was my “extra”. I do like it. It’s an all-time favorite!! However, I haven’t ridden it since 2018 and the track was soooooo rough.

4 Likes

I’m wondering if your list will change after Tron and after doing BTMR again (if you do).

1 Like

I will never ride BTMRR ever again…If you asked for my 3 least favorite coasters this is my #1!!

I loathe the insanely loud chain lift. My ears really can’t take it. I get such a headache just from the sound. BTMRR is louder than any HHN house or scare zone!!! :crazy_face: :innocent: :rofl: :rofl:)

I guess, maybe, if I wear earplugs I would try it again…However, I have no desire to do it.

4 Likes

This surprises me!

3 Likes

I love the design, theme and such. Once you get past the lift the ride is fine. However, my experience is so negative by then that I just want the ride to be over.

I’ve, literally, begged WDW to change this. I’ve reached out to every guest service CM & social media for years. It’s only that loud to create the “creepy” effect as you get to the top of the hill. They can install a smoother quieter lift if they wanted to. Newer chain lift coaster - like wooden coasters - don’t have this issue anymore as they install quieter chains

3 Likes

It isn’t the lift itself, though, that makes the noise. It is the anti-rollback mechanism…which means the entire train would have to also be redesigned. I just don’t see that happening.

3 Likes

Guardians and Everest were easy choices for me, but then I had a hard time deciding between RnRC and Tron. I hated leaving RnRC out of my top 3 because it’s always been a fave, but if I had to choose right now I’m going with Tron. I’ve only ridden it once, though, so I might change my mind after I’ve done it a bunch more times.

6 Likes

My apologies. I was speaking in broad terms and using “chain lift” to mean the entire portion of that section of track. I know it’s the chain being locked in. (I’ve spent, literally, 100’s of hours in booths at the top of lifts just watching people ride by.)

Thanks for the assist for those that may not understand why they noise does happen though!!

I don’t either. They would have to spend money. No theme park likes to go back and put $$$ into a ride after it’s built. They consider the ride investment “done” and only budget for general maintainance.

5 Likes

I’m highly sensitive to loud noises myself. And while BTMRR is quite loud, it hasn’t particularly bothered me aside from just wishing it were quieter. It is kind of the nature of coasters of that era.

Have you considered bringing in ear plugs JUST for that ride? The little foam kind would easily fit into your pocket.

5 Likes

I hadn’t. I don’t know why!! I use them at HHN. I’ll give it a try! I’m not sure if I can squeeze in BTMRR in my MNNSHP plans. I am going to MVMCP too…

I’ve been watching the wait times on party nights. BTMRR is habitually the lowest waits. People aren’t going back there as much with Splash closed - IMHO

That might make it easy to run back there real quick and run back to the party!

3 Likes

I hope you make time! It’s a magical ride at night.

4 Likes

This first round is easy! GOTG, EE, and Tron are by far my faves! Next round will be tougher.

4 Likes

My top 3 are THE top 3 in the polls as of now. For me, what makes a fun coaster is theming, length, perceived speed and over-all fun.

1. EE- I love the views, the backward drop, the theming! The queue is very cool also! It feels so long, especially with the pause at the peak.
  2. GotG- Love, love the theme! This ride is very unique and fun. The music really adds to the experience for me.
  3. BTMRR- I really like a good western theme. It’s just a fast, fun coaster. And now that I know the trick to lean forward, not resting my back against the seat, I can ride multiple times in a row.
    Tron, while fun, is too short. Same with SDMT. I haven’t done SDD. Looks fun but I doubt I’ll like it more than my top 3. And Barnstormer is a kiddie coaster. RRC is cool but the theming is just so-so for me. I do love Space. Maybe once it’s refurbished I’d like it much more.
4 Likes

Unpopular opinion, but I would rank Barnstormer over Space Mountain WDW version! Space Mountain DL version is one of my favorite coasters anywhere, however.

3 Likes

I feel attacked :crazy_face::disguised_face:

Barnstormer is a must do for us, especially late at night when we can do back to backs. It was DS’s first coaster and all these years later it still makes him smile. Even if in the form of an eye roll.

2 Likes

Me too!

1 Like

I’ll clarify, not an official must do, but if we’re walking by and the queue is empty we’ll race each other to see who gets back seat. Unless I win, than I give it to them to fight over and I’ll take the front.

2 Likes