Please Post Your Room Request Results

Resort: Beach Club
Room Type: Standard
Method: TP
Request: fourth floor, full balcony, NW facing (4567,4577,4579,4581,4583)

Result: 4681, so right floor and similar number. Good pool view but the tiny balcony. Too hot to sit out there anyway though.

4 Likes

Boulder Ridge Villas. We got room 1549 but requested a few higher floors on the same side facing the pool/lake. We actually really enjoyed being on the main floor and had easy access to the pool and bus.

3 Likes

Hopefully that can be corrected - IIRC Len mentioned they were working on the room stuff.

That was very forward thinking of her, and kind too

3 Likes

Resort : BWV
Class of room booked : Studio garden/pool view
Method used: TP request
Room Requested: 5059 or similar facing village green
Result : 1034

Not surprised given highly popular request. First floor wasn’t bad with a stroller, no elevator to get to the walkways to HS and EP. We also liked being not as close to the pool for noise reasons, but still close to a door to the pool.

Considering asking for first floor for January with stroller plus an ECV.

4 Likes

I didn’t realize all of 10 was preferred. We always request a first floor room on the back side of 9, but we’ve been put in 10 before and we certainly didn’t pay for preferred.

1 Like

I’ve been in one of those studios, not great if you like quiet. It’s quite noisy later in the evenings sometimes, and you get all the boat horns.

1 Like

The last time I stayed at Music, I’d requested Broadway section and when I got to the desk - just to see if any room was available - the CM said that she saw my Broadway request and she could put me there…but to be aware that there were only a couple of rooms in the section that were not part of a large South American group. BUT she pointed out this was a group of families. I decided to take it since I could get in immediately, and it was fine. If it had been 15s I would have taken Rock or Country - whichever one I would have been assigned to.

4 Likes

Our first split stay! We had fabulous results with our requests. This was the first time I’ve actually typed up a little blurb to go along with our room request (“we’re so excited for our stay, would love a quiet room with a balcony if possible,” etc) so maybe that helped?

Resort: VGF
Room type: Lagoon view studio
Requested (via TP): 9413
Result: 9509

We LOVED this room! We rented points through David’s and it was our first time to stay in a DVC room. You could hear the boat horns starting around 8 am but we were up and I don’t think they were loud enough to bother us even if we had still been asleep. The only downside was that our room wasn’t ready until almost 5 pm, which the front desk said wasn’t unusual for DVC.

Resort: BWI
Room type: Resort view
Requested (via TP): 5268
Result: 5270

Another great stay at BWI! We watched the Epcot fireworks from our balcony every night. This was a super quiet room overlooking the courtyard.

4 Likes

Yeah DVC official check-in time is 4pm (as opposed to 3pm hotel-side). So 5pm - and later! - can be fairly typical at certain times

4 Likes

Resort: Poly
Room Type: Deluxe Studio, Standard View
Request: Tokelau, second floor (3901-3914, 3946-39848)

Result: 2112, second floor, Pago Pago. View of parking lot and monorail. Very far from lobby but close to TTC.

Resort: AKL - Kidani Village
Room Type: 2 Bedroom Villa, Savanna View
Request: third floor, south trail, SE facing

Result: 7852, fourth floor, north trail, SE facing. The direction was really nice for keeping the balcony in the shade at basically all hours. The trade-off was a long walk to the lobby. The amount of animals in view was disappointing until the final morning of coffee with giraffes.

3 Likes

We had such a fun trip at Kidani Village. We visited Jambo House a lot - so nice to have that option. We had 2 rooms booked. Same type, these were timeshare exchanges through Interval International so it was a really good deal!

Resort: AKL Kidani Village
Room Type: 1 bedroom Savannah view
Request Type: DVC call in and TP fax
Request: Close to other room booked, Sunset Savannah, near lobby, low floor, example: 7620 & 7618

We got 7632 & 7638 so pretty close. This was the second floor not too far (or close) to lobby. Maybe a 2-3 minute walk to lobby. We were near the Rafiki elevator which took us close to the pool. Every day around 4-5 pm the keepers would put out food for the animals to encourage them to come to our section. It was awesome!

4 Likes

That’s the area I was in too and it was super great for pool access!

2 Likes

We rented a car so it was really convenient all the way around! Great section of the resort. My animal loving daughter loved it and so did I! It was so relaxing and quiet on the balcony and fun to see everyone coming out of their rooms when the animals came by.

2 Likes

Resort: Saratoga Springs Resort
Room Type: 2-Bedroom Dedicated
Requested: Bldg The Paddock,Flr 2,SW-facing room.Exmple:5227,5225,5223,5221,5127,5327,5125
Body of request: Priorities: 1) Paddock Building 9 or 10, 2) upper floor; Would like to be as close to Paddock Pool as possible. Thank you!

Result: 9135 (Grandstand)

I was initially disappointed with this room because it was NOT Paddock and NOT an upper floor — in other words, not at all what we requested. But in hindsight this was an awesome room. The resort is so big that nothing is really walking distance anyway. We drove to the Paddock pool one day (which is why we wanted Paddock) and the High Rock Springs pool another. The Backstretch Pool seemed so far away and boring so we didn’t even try to walk there even though it was the closest. :joy:

Grandstand is first on the bus loop, so we were able to walk to the stop and board an empty bus with zero stress. The bus loop was 20 minutes, which cost some time, but I would take that trade over having standing room only any day.

Ground floor was also great. I usually enjoy upper floor for view and to psychologically be further from the bugs, but it was nice not to have to do stairs or wait for an elevator.

Great resort, great room, fun time!

6 Likes

If you book a DVC room with cash through Disney, does this rule still apply? Or is it only for rooms booked on points?

1 Like

I would have to check the verbiage

It may be hotel check-in (3p) because it’s cash and how would someone outside know.

Which is why I say I would have to check the verbiage on a villa booking.

For clarity - renting points it would 100% be 4pm because although you’re paying cash, it’s a DVC booking you’re buying

3 Likes

I just checked my upcoming DVC room booked through Disney (as a non DVC)…and sure enough, 4pm.

5 Likes

Makes sense in a way because DVC resorts are villas and even the studios require a little more stocking than regular hotel rooms.

Although … is checkout the same time for regular hotel rooms vs DVC resorts?

3 Likes

And has a different housekeeping staff as well. DVC housekeeping is paid for by dues.

2 Likes

Yes, I can see my travel buddy’s plans…and their moderate resort checkout time is the same as my DVC checkout time :wink:

4 Likes