Please Post Your Room Request Results

Who might that be? :thinking:

2 Likes

Weā€™ve had the 2nd to last 2BR at Kidani, and one that was in the first half and TBH I kinda feel like the walk seems long even when youā€™re in one of the first rooms! Itā€™s just such a very looooong hallway.

1 Like

This is the #1 reason I request Grandstand! The pool in that section is just a hole in the groundā€¦ the only reason to go there is if you want to use the bigger hot tub or pool bar.

1 Like

Resort: POR
Class of Room Booked: Woods View 5th Sleeper
Method Used: TP Request
Room Requested: 1733,
Result: 1448

Requested POR 1733, or 2nd floor corner room in building 17 or 16 as those were the buildings that had my room type (woods view 5th sleeper). Got an upgraded room to 1448 in building 14 with a River View. It was a great corner room on the 2nd floor with a view of the river and the main building. This location was perfect and doesnā€™t get much better for access to the main building and the south bus stop at POR.

4 Likes

Resort: BWI
Class of room booked: Deluxe Room CL
Method used: TP request
Room Requested: 4227
BoardWalk Inn,Flr 4,W-facing room.Exmple:4229,4227,4225,4223,3229,4219,3227
Result: 3229
To be fair, there are only 10 of these rooms totalā€“so I did get the area of the resort that I wanted, just not the floor. Worked out well though as the 3rd floor rooms have a significantly larger balcony than those on the 4th floor.

3 Likes

Resort: OKW
Class: 1bv DVC
Method used: called into DVC mbr ser
Room Requested: ground floor, close to a pool
Result: 5513

we needed ground floor b/c DH had recently hurt his back and was in NO condition to have to climb stairs and OKW only has two buildings w/ elevators. Our room was AMAZING. On our lanai we could see the South Point pool and the river. We were visited by ducks and other songbirds daily. Also, Iā€™d like to put in a praise for waitlists b/c we had to extend, and weā€™ve always been lucky to get our waitlists fulfilled. OH, I forgot the last night the front desk actually got us an extra night using our DVC points (our flight was leaving late and we didnā€™t want to hang out at the airport for an extra 5 hours). We were SO grateful and amazed that the front desk could do that kind of magic. :open_mouth: :partying_face:

7 Likes

Resort: POFQ
Class: Garden view
Method used: TP
Room requested: 6108, ā€œreally just close to the cute fountain with the spitting frogs, please!ā€
Result: 4243

The reservation was through my sonā€™s Cast Member discounts, so part of me wonders if we got such a great room because someone up there wants CMā€™s to be happy with their staycations. This room was a corner room with two windows, close to the elevator, with a spectacular view of the frog fountain. My sister and I were blissed out the whole time! I couldnā€™t have asked for a more magical room.

10 Likes

4243?

THIS 4243??

I canā€™t decide if you forgot your snarkimal or if thereā€™s something else about this room which is magical :thinking:

3 Likes

Third option: room number typo.

Fourth option: Room finder error.

3 Likes

Ok Mr Thorough

1 Like

:kissing_heart:

1 Like

Resort: All Star Sports Resort
Class of room booked: Standard Room
Method Used: Fax request and Note on Reservation
Room Request: Room 9205 (Building 9; home run section; pool view); Also asked that the 2 other rooms in our party be as close as possible
Result: Room 9206 and the 2 other rooms were rooms 9207 and 9209

Very pleased with the results.

8 Likes

Amazing! I had similar magic in 2020 when we were forced (I meanā€¦ kinda) to stay at BWV an extra few nights over a race weekend due to SW airlines having a bunch of their planes grounded. I was just hoping for any DVC (aka I didnā€™t have to pay $$ for it) accomodation anywhere, but they somehow finagled it so we could stay in the same studio!

3 Likes

It truly is amazing! Iā€™m glad they know how to help out that way.

1 Like
  • Resort: Animal Kingdom Kidani Village
  • Class of room booked: 1BR Savannah View
  • Method used: Request through Touring Plans
  • Room request: 7626 (please north trail, lower floor canā€™t remember the phrasing)
  • Result: 7554

It was completely fine but the exact opposite of the request. South trail, top floor. We were 10 hours delayed so I wonder a little if people had requested to switch rooms before we arrived. Perhaps they heard the very noisy family next doorā€¦

2 Likes
  • Resort: Beach Club Villas
  • Class of room booked: Studio
  • Method used: Request through Touring Plans
  • Room request: 469 - I donā€™t recall the exact phrasing but I asked to please be as far from a smoking area both horizontally and vertically as possible, since itā€™s a migraine trigger for both my elder daughter and myself.
  • Additional circumstances: The reason I specify the smoking area is because weā€™ve lost days with one or more family members in bed on holiday before from proximity (one time, ground floor, directly in front of it, no they wouldnā€™t change our room). DH also has severe asthma but he wasnā€™t with us this time. For some reason smokers seem to congregate there in numbers I havenā€™t seen anywhere else.
  • Result: 331

The room we were given was almost directly above the smoking area on the 3rd floor. We were there less than 24 hours and it only affected us at breakfast that we couldnā€™t eat out on the balcony but really it wasnā€™t that big a deal. I just feel as if they could do better when thereā€™s an actual reason for the request.

6 Likes

Yes! This almost feels like they blatantly disregarded your request. Iā€™m sure thatā€™s not what happened, but itā€™s odd.

2 Likes

In June 2022 we got a Grandstand bldg - the one clear across the parking lot from the bus stop. This was unacceptable when my only request was ā€œless than 3 min to a bus stopā€.

At the front desk the person said, but it IS the first bus stop, which made me wonder how the bus stop request got reinterpreted. We did get the Paddock bldg I was interested in as they had that ready.

Eta: very likely most folks can cross that parking lot in 3 minutes. At 2 in the afternoon of a very hot :fire: :hot_face: day, it was too far for me and DH. :grin:

1 Like

You picked the wrong photo! Thatā€™s the side view from outside on the breezeway. Hereā€™s the money view:

And a slightly different perspective:

And honestly, the whole reason I wanted this area is the spitting frog fountain, my favorite since 1998:

But I understand. To each his own! :smiley:

10 Likes

Iā€™ve been at POFQ four times and donā€™t know if Iā€™ve ever seen this. I must make a point to see it next time.

6 Likes