Please Post Your Room Request Results

• Resort: Pop Century
  • Class of room: Standard
  • Method: TP fax
  • Requested: 5213
  • Result: 9465

Building 9 wasn’t actually bad as we could walk across to the busses instead of around behind the buildings.

1 Like

Resort: Pop Century (Oct 2017, April 2018, Aug 2018)
Class of Room: Standard
Method: TP Fax, online check in
Room Requested: In notes-Asked for building 6 of 70’s section, first or second floor, close to transportation, and close to Classic Hall, made notes that we’d stayed at Pop X times, how we like the resort, looking forward to our stay
Additional circumstances: Notes put on fax request
Result: 6233, 6148, 6154
I considered my request met as it was the building and floors I asked for

2 Likes

Resort: Wilderness Lodge (Oct 2017, April 2018)
Class of Room: Standard View
Room Requested: upper floor, asked for 5046-5042, put 5th or 6th floor room please in notes
Additional circumstances: for April 2018 room, I noted that we had stayed there in Oct of 2107 and couldn’t wait to stay again, previously had view of castle and fireworks and would love a room like that again
Result: 5042 for Oct 2017 and 6044 for April 2018

3 Likes

Resort: Wilderness Lodge (May 2019 - we are here now!)
Class of Room: Standard View
Room Requested: bunk bed room with any view or upper floor with view of MK fireworks, used 6046 from room finder
Additional circumstances: with kids ages 10 and 3 we regretted not booking a bunk bed room initially, then when we tried to change they weren’t available. We added comments to our TP fax about our kids’ first Disney trip and our wedding anniversary, and of course thankful for any consideration.
Result: It worked! We were upgraded to 5th floor bunk bed nature view! We could see contemporary and a bit of Cindy Castle, and the view for the fireworks is incredible.

7 Likes

That’s a great result!

Resort: POFQ
Class: Standard
Method: TP Fax, online check-in
Room Requested: 4125 or other first floor room in building 4 close to transportation.
Additional circumstances: I made note of “upgrading” myself for my birthday and how we have not stayed at anything but a Value property in over 11 years.
Result: We will find out in about 9 hours!

6 Likes

Do you think you’re more likely to get your room request if you book direct with Disney than if you’ve booked a package through a third party like virgin holidays?

No it makes no difference.

From last weekend:
•Resort: Beach Club
•Class of room booked: Standard
•Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.): TP fax
•Room requested: 3662
•Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request): None
•Result: 2654 (this is the hospitality suite which is a standard room. It’s INCREDIBLY noisy, which I knew going in and it has no balcony. But the room is very large, and I knew DS would get a kick out of it and with just him and me, it was perfect. I also always bring a sound machine so the noise didn’t bother us at all)

1 Like

What is special about this room that makes it a “Hospitality Suite”?

1 Like

It was larger than a regular room. Not that big a deal unless you’re 10 :grinning:

May 3-8 2019
Resort: POR
Class of Room booked: Standard
Method used: TP fax, online checkin (preferences checked)
Room Requested: 3448 (AB near west depot)
Additional Circumstances: none
Result: Room 3552 (one building over from request, still in AB, near west depot)

1 Like
  • Resort:. AOA may 6-9
  • Class of room booked: NEMO SUITE
  • Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.):
  • Room requested: 1st floor near exit to smoking section for vaping DH
  • Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request): we really wanted aoa for all 4 nites but it was booked on the 5th, so we were at pop
  • Result: checked out of pop, went to ak. Shortly before 3 headed to hotel, on bus got text saying room wasn’t ready. Went to check in anyway. Only room ready was 5626 (2nd floor) so we took it ( it was 345 and we had 2 tired kids)
1 Like

once you are back, would you mind sharing the room number? I have a trip booked for August for one of the bunk bed rooms and would love to request a room with a good view of fireworks!

Resort:. Pop Century
Class of room booked: Preferred
Method used: Touring plans fax
Room requested: 5205
Result: 5260 - same building and floor, different facing. Truthfully, the room that was requested said it was preferred but looked onto the splash play area, so it could have been reclassified at some point as pool view. Still happy with the result since it’s even closer to the main hall, easy access to buses, and still looked onto a play area and my grandson liked that.

2 Likes

Is there any advantage of sending a fax versus just calling in a request? Just curious.

When you call, you’re talking to a call centre. The fax goes directly to the resort (or at least on to Disney property, they are moving room assigners to a central location rather than the individual resorts, not sure if that has been done yet) and to the actual people assigning the rooms.

Makes sense. I called last year and had success with them just making a note on my reservation, so was just curious.

1 Like

My fax goes out tomorrow. Very excited! I added that we were celebrating DD’s graduation, hopefully that will help.

2 Likes

No, they’re still onsite at the individual resorts. :slight_smile:

1 Like