Please Post Your Room Request Results

I’d love to see some Shades of Green representation here. Anyone? Jan. will be our first stay there since Shades was welcomed into the 60 FPP fold, so it’s been a while.

We enjoyed Shades of Green in October 2018. The rooms we were in had been renovated and were great. Our only complaint would be that there are no microwaves in the rooms. I think our room numbers were something like 152 and 153. They were adjoining and looked out to the kids splash and pool area.
It seemed that a lot of rooms on the second floor were being renovated, but we didn’t notice any noise. We really enjoyed our stay it and our kids loved the pool. Would definitely stay there again.

Did you request anything specific or just take what they gave you?

Specific requests. We requested 1st floor, adjoining rooms, two beds in each room and near the kids pool. We made the request directly with Shades of Green when we made our reservation. I think we made the reservations 6 or 8 months out. And my husband called to confirm everything about a month out. We did not use the Touring Plans fax. I’m not sure if Shades is a resort they send room requests.

1 Like

We stayed in room 5086. Apologies the picture of the balcony view is during the daytime, I didn’t take any at night (which was dumb because the night view is better). You can see the Contemporary and monorail very clearly, especially at night. While you’ll be looking through the trees for the fireworks, my kids (10 and 3) sat on the balcony or the floor in front of the window almost every night to watch them and loved it. You can’t hear the music but you’ll hear fireworks even with the door closed.

The lobby being right outside the door had me a bit worried about noise but honestly we almost never heard anything. Whispering Canyon Cafe was across the lobby, it can get loud at times when you’re in the lobby area and I would think if your room was directly above that would be a bit louder, this room was far enough away that it didn’t have any impact. Right around the corner is a sitting area with a little fireplace (there are a few of these) where we had some bedtime snacks and breakfasts, very relaxing.

The room is a bit on the small side particularly when you’ve got a stroller and 6 suitcases and 4 people in there, but we never felt cramped or uncomfortable.

The grounds are gorgeous, I could have spent all week just relaxing at the resort and had a great time. The main pool and kiddie splashpad were great (we never ventured to the “quieter” pool so can’t comment). Food onsite was good, customer service was amazing. We used the boat to get to MK, which is relaxing and convenient. There’s also a boat to Contemporary and Fort Wilderness, we used that a couple times to visit the horse ranch at FW and to visit the Contemporary. The bus to MK might be even a bit faster than the boat if you time it well. Bus service was quick and consistent to all parks.

Enjoy, any questions let me know.

1 Like

Just got back from our visit May 4-10, 2019
I got EXACTLY the room I requested through TP fax tool

Port Orleans Riverside
Booked Royal Court Room; Garden View
Requested Top floor; corner room on MDE reservation; with AAA agent more details like Oak Manor Bldg, Top floor
Then used TP fax tool 5 days out: Bldg Oak Manor; Flr 2; NE-facing; Example 9247,9246, 9248, 9249, 9244, 9250.
I GOT THE EXACT ROOM I WANTED…FOUND OUT AS SOON AS I LANDED AT MCO (7:20PM).

8 Likes

Has anyone made a room request for Disneyland hotels? If so, by what method?

I usually just ask if they have whatever I am looking for at check in. They are usually pretty good at accommodating my request.

1 Like

Forgot to add my pics

9 Likes

Thank you!!!

Resort - Poly
Class of room booked - Garden
Method used - TP fax
Room Requested - Samoa 3601
Additional Circumstances - Week before Easter, so it was crowded
Result - Aotearoa 1201

I ended up liking ground floor. We didn’t spend much time in the room and staying low saved time

2 Likes

Resort: OKW (Oct 2015)
Class of room: 2BR
Method: TP fax
Requested: 1224 -wanted to be near HH on floor 2
Additional circumstances: flight delayed so didn’t arrive until 10pm. They said no other rooms available
Result: 3731, floor 3, a long way from HH. But near Turtle Pool and was very nice.

1 Like

Resort: Pop
Class: Standard
Method: TP Fax
Requested: 6437 Bldg 1970s,Flr 4,S-facing room.Exmple: 6437,6438,6439,6440,6441,6442,6443,6444
Result: Bldg 1970s, For 0470

Note: My mistake, I did not specify why I wanted room 6437 (quiet-fourth floor, no noise above us and view of lake). I was notified on DME. I quickly looked up the location and view on TP site and knew that was not what I wanted. When we arrived, I went to the desk and asked politely if I could have a different room with a water view and they were kind enough to oblige. It was on the third floor, but I had no issues with noise above us.

ETA: we ultimately ended up with room 3354 in the 50’s and we were quite happy with our room.

1 Like

Interesting that the front desk cited your late arrival played a part in not getting your requested room. I got my exact request in part because I wasn’t in a hurry to get the room so mousekeeping didn’t play into it. They knew I was arriving after 8pm (arrived close to 10pm). As soon as I landed at MCO about 7pm, I found my text that I got my room.

Those pics, tho.
heart eyes

@Hoopsters, I think the late arrival just meant that there were no other rooms available - according to the CM. I believe rooms are assigned earlier, I’m not sure they act on requests at OKW, I remember posts on Lines from others not getting their requests there.

Also, from experience, a late arrival can also mean that a room that was assigned to you was switched due to another guest’s request before you arrived. Mistakes can happen at that time.

1 Like

Resort: BWI
Room Type: Deluxe Club Level
Type of Request: TP fax, asked for 3255
Result: 3257, which is where 3255 should be, so a complete success. @len, I don’t think 3255 actually exists anymore. I thought there would be two deluxe rooms there where the hall bends but there was only one.

Special circumstances: DD24’s college graduation, which I put on the TP fax and also told the CM when I booked the AP discount.

The room was huge and we loved it. It had a private entry hallway (which pretty much eliminated noise from the corridor), two queens with TV, dresser & desk. There was an extra sitting room area with a queen sleeper sofa, another TV & dresser and two chairs. Poor DH was “banished” there due to his snoring, but it was a “No, Brer Fox, don’t fling me in that there briar patch,” situation. He had the whole area to himself!

I didn’t think to get a pic of the interior until we had already flung our things all over, but here’s the view. There was no noise from the Boardwalk at all.

The third floor had larger balconies than the fourth floor, that’s why I wanted it. The Club Lounge was up one floor but there were stairs just outside the door that led straight up to the Concierge desk, so it was not inconvenient. DH was mad that DS27 & I had discovered the stairs on the first day, I guess I assumed he would too, but he didn’t until day 2 or so. Oops!

5 Likes

Has anyone here had good luck requesting a room at BCV? Not sure whether to use the TP Room Request or make the request through my reservation. Looking at the views on Room Finder, it seems there are very few rooms with a decent view. I probably would request 5th Floor, middle of building overlooking the quiet pool (unless someone here tells me that is a terrible choice). This will be our first time staying at BCV and I am very nervous that we will hate it. We are so spoiled by BLT and the beautiful lake view. Family wanted a change…:frowning_face:

Resort:. Grand Floridian
Class of room booked: Lagoon View
Method used: Touring plans fax
Room requested: 8331 or similar and at least on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
Result: 8331 - Great Room with view of the Castle

I also added in the comments that it was my daughters first trip and our first time staying at the GF. I also used my best manors.

I was pleasantly surprised to get the exact room.

3 Likes