Please Post Your Room Request Results

Some of the buildings at poly don’t have a true balcony on the 2nd floor but instead have a Juliette balcony where you can’t even step out onto it. Not true of Tokelau but some are like that. I wanted a balcony but if I couldnt r have that I at least wanted a patio

1 Like

Got it. I think all of the DVC rooms have the true balcony, but I haven’t looked at all. We’re staying DVC lake-view later this year (so in Moorea), Requesting 3rd floor to get the view above the bungalows, so our second choice will be the 2nd floor.

1 Like

Legitimate concern for the noise. I’m pretty insensitive to it, but my wife tends to pick it up.

1 Like

Yeah I think you’re right about the DVC buildings having true balconies on all floors. I didn’t know that at the time of the fax request

Poly

1 Like

You are correct. Autocorrect or something. Edited

This is not really news.

1 Like

Like this?

Resort: Port Orleans Riverside
Class of room booked: 2 Standard rooms with 2 queen beds
Method used: TP Fax
Room request: Bldg Alligator Bayou,Flr 2,SW-facing or NW-facing room. Exmple:1640,1639,1657,1658,1661,1662. Highest priority is connecting/adjoining rooms with Jane Doe (conf. number XXXXXXXX), next priority is Alligator Bayou, lowest priority was a room not too far from the lobby.
Additional circumstances: Noted we were celebrating our Anniversary and it was the kids’ first WDW trip.
Result: Assigned a room in Magnolia Bend while Jane Doe was assigned Alligator Bayou. Asked to be placed closer together and we were both moved to the Magnolia building in Magnolia Bend. (Basically, the original assigners couldn’t have been further from our request if they actively tried.)

For our next trip this year
Resort: Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani
Class of room booked: 2 Pool/Garden view studios at BW, 2 standard studios at AKL Kidani
Method used: DVC owner requested when booking rooms, TP Fax
Room request: Adjoining room with Jane Doe (conf. number XXXXXXXX), or room near Jane Doe if that is not possible. Examples provided for BW: 5065, 5063. For AKL Kidani: 7617, 7615.
Additional circumstances:
Result: We got adjoining rooms at both hotels! At Boardwalk, we were in 5064 and 5066. At AKL, we were in 7507 and 7509.

1 Like

Do your chances increase by either checking in with the front desk or online?

I’m still debating about the online check in as we will be getting to our resort in the late morning.

1 Like

It is generally agreed that your check-in method does not affect your room request chances. I suppose that checking in at the front desk does give you the opportunity to ask about a different room if your request isn’t met, but with on-line check-in you can always go to the front desk after you find out what your room is to do this anyway.

Resort: POR, Riverside
Class of room booked: Standard
Method used: Fax
Room requested: Magnolia Bend Building 85, Upper Floor
Result: Magnolia Bend Building 80, Upper Floor (can’t recall room number)
This is the next building over but further away from the main pool and our room was on the far edge right next to the start of the Alligator Bayou but nice view of courtyard and close enough. Win!

Resort: AK Kidani
Class of room booked: standard studio, booked on DVC points
Method used: Fax
Room requested: something with a partial view of the savannah like 7637, 7737 or if no view of the savannah then close to the pool
Result: 7737
I believe we were scheduled to have 7637 but the room wasn’t ready when were arrived at about 8:00 a.m. so they gave us 7737 (one floor up) which was ready. This a great standard studio because it has a partial savannah view and is close to the elevator leading to the parking and the pool. Win!

3 Likes
  • Resort: WL

• Class of room: Standard (at the time – construction), now Fireworks view

• Method: Fax

• Requested room on as high a floor as possible facing MK, gave example room numbers as generated from the automatic room request tool.

• Additional: I was celebrating my 40th birthday (mentioned in the fax)

• Result: Room 6054, exactly in the block of room numbers in my request. The view was perfect.

• Resort: POR

• Class of room: Garden view, Royal room

• Method: Fax

• Request: Gave example room numbers as generated from the automatic room request tool, but said that the intent of the request was to be as close to a bus stop as possible.

• Result: Ground floor room in the middle Oak building, which was the building closer to the East bus stop of the two with Royal rooms – not in the block of example room numbers I gave, but I felt they honored the spirit of the request.

2 Likes
  • Resort: Coronado Springs
  • Class of room booked: Water View - Two Queens
  • Method used: TP Fax
  • Room request: Casitas Building 4 or 5, top floor, with a view of the lake (ex. 5411)
  • Additional circumstances: This was our first joint trip to WDW, so we put that in the room request.
  • Result: Got 8551, which was Cabanas Building 8B and on the first floor. We did get a view of the lake, so I guess that was something positive.
1 Like

Split-Stay Trip:

Resort: Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge (DVC member)
Class of room booked: 1-bedroom villa
Method Used: TP fax request
Room Request: lake view similar to room 4537 on a high floor
Result: We were in room 4541 with a terrific lake view

Resort: Contemporary
Class of room booked: Atrium level with MK view
Method used: TP fax request
Room Request: similar to 4847 (as close to MK as possible)
Result: We were in room 4848 - perfect! (although we would have been happy with any MK view, we were trying to avoid being near possible high noise levels @ Chef Mickey’s)

3 Likes

Resort - Caribbean Beach
Class of room booked - Preferred
Method used - TP fax
Room Requested - Building 25, can’t remember the exact room
Additional Circumstances - We needed a first floor room for my brother-in-law’s ECV, so that was our priority.
Result - Building 26. A very oddly-shaped, small and dark room with a view of the parking lot. It was the only thing available when we needed it to be, so we took it. I wish I remembered the number so that I could warn others!

Resort - Port Orleans French Quarter
Class of room booked - Garden View
Method used - TP fax
Room Requested - Room 2325, Building 2, SE facing, top floor
Additional circumstances - Told the room assigners that building 2 is our favorite after several stays, and that specific room would give us glimpses of the river.
Result - Room 2324. !!

Resort - Port Orleans French Quarter
Class of room booked - River View
Method used - TP fax
Room requested - 2332
Additional circumstances - We told the assigners why we chose that room in order of importance, and thanked them for anything they could do to help make our anniversary trip even more magical.
Result - 2330 and we were very happy with it!

3 Likes

Resort-POP
Class of room-Standard
Method-TP fax; online check in asking for building 6.
Room requested 6214
additional-Told them I want to be close as possible to transportation and food court and no parking lot view.
Result-6237 Same building and floor but room pretty far away from requested. Maybe a minute more away from things than the one I asked for. Glad to get the building though and we are on the lake which may be quieter anyway.

2 Likes

Resort-- POFQ
Class of room booked – standard
Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.) TP Fax
Room requested – Don’t remember the number, but 1st floor very near dining.
Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request) – Large touring group reservation (50+ rooms of LGBTQ families through an agency). Put something in TP fax about wanting location and first floor due to double stroller.
Result: 1st floor, but as far away from everything as possible. Was told by front desk that our group had reserved building (1?)(far away building) and so they had no flexibility.
POFQ is small so it was fine, but I sure wasted a lot of time figuring out my room request.

1 Like
  • Resort: CBR
  • Class of room booked: (1) Preferred Standard View / (1) Pirate
  • Method used: Fax request TP
  • Room request: Some specific rooms near each other with the note “If there are two preferred rooms with connecting door, we’d MUCH prefer that to the Pirate room.”
  • Additional circumstances: Note put on both reservations
  • Result: Got 2531 & 2532 which are preferred and connecting, so big win there.
2 Likes
  • Resort: POP
  • Class of room booked: standard for 1 nite
  • Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.) TP fax
  • Room requested: 60s, first floor
  • Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request)
  • Result: back of 90s 3rd floor. They were able to move us to bldg 6 3rd floor.
1 Like