Please Post Your Room Request Results

Agreed!

4 Likes

Resort: All Star Music
Room type: Standard
Request: Touring Plans
Requested room: 8438
Received room: 5645

I was hoping for a relatively quiet room that was still a short walk to the main building. I also knew that I was going to be walking to and from my room in the dark, so I ideally didnā€™t want to be on the backside of the buildings that faced forestry. I got essentially the opposite of both of those hopes (far walk and faced the forests), but the room was certainly quiet. My room did have a wall (tv side of the room) shared with a maintenance hallway type area, but I didnā€™t notice any additional noise from that or the elevators.

5 Likes
  • Resort - Port Orleans French Quarter
  • Class of room booked - Garden view
  • Method used - TP
  • Room requested - 6108
  • Additional circumstances - I asked to be near the frog fountain which is centrally located between buildings 4, 6, and 8. And it was my birthday, but I had not mentioned that anywhere. Somehow they knew, becauseā€¦
  • Result - We were placed in 2329, which was an upgrade to a 3rd floor water view room. It was very quiet ā€“ I donā€™t believe the resort was full, which blows my mind. I considered requesting to be downgraded to my original request ā€“ I really love that fountain ā€“ but in the end, I think the quiet and the free view were lovely after all.
7 Likes

There are only 7 buildings! We were a bit disappointed to be upgraded to river view there when weā€™d booked standard and requested building 4. I thought building 6 was going to be a longer walk than it was. But wow, the view! Gorgeous. Our room wasnā€™t quiet though.

4 Likes

ROFL, I fat-fingered that! Yes, of course, there are only 7 buildings. Sorry 'bout that typo!

We stayed in 6 in '98 which is when I fell in love with that resort and that adorable fountain. But the resort is so small, nothing is a long walk. Heaven!

2 Likes

Yes, so I widened my horizons and requested 6, 5, 2 or 1 for my garden view room this year. Sodā€™s law, I got building 4 :joy:

3 Likes

We call him Murphy. :rofl:

3 Likes

Iā€™m aware. We do too sometimes but not usually.

1 Like

POFQ
Garden view
Touringplans fax
Requested 4133
Actual room 3325

Requested building 4 or 3 in notes, with no connecting door. The room has no connecting door and a quick walk to lobby and bus stop.

6 Likes

Iā€™m requesting a CBR room for our upcoming, twice delayed, 8-night stay (only 32 days away!) near the main hub Skyliner station (first floor as stairs arenā€™t great for one of us) and when I pick out a room on the room finder/reservation tool (4311) the string attached to the request has room numbers that donā€™t match my reservation room type of Standard view, 5th sleeperā€¦ Iā€™m confused!

Bldg Jamaica,Flr 1,NW-facing room.Exmple:4311,4310,4312,4309,4313,4314,4315

From what I can see on the map only 4311 is in our room type.
Is this usual or should I change the string to match the room numbers TP has listed as SV5th? Or maybe I just go with MDE/Travel Agent request and hope for the best?
We are staying at CBR because DH loves the skyliner and doesnā€™t want to stay anywhere elseā€¦I donā€™t want to stay at CBR and end up ā€œmile awayā€ from the only reason we are thereā€¦itā€™s our 10+21 Anniversary and Iā€™m hoping for a little bit of magic after all the postponements! :smiley:

1 Like

I think the collective wisdom here is to keep that text in bc itā€™s ā€˜room assigner speakā€™ and they should know what that means. In the text box though I would be specific about what you want and why and then hope for the best.

2 Likes

I just went with the suggested stringā€¦fingers crossed for a good outcome!

Please let me know how this works out for you! Weā€™re planning to go for the same rooms next month

Resort : Pop Century
Class of room booked : Standard
Method : TP Fax Request
Room requested : 3355 or similar
Additional Circumstances : none
Result : 8337. Ouch. Not even close to our request.

3 Likes

Oh wow! I think this is where it helps to put some short notes about what you want in a room. The similar part is 3rd floor. Thatā€™s it. Soooo faaarrr away!

2 Likes
  • Resort - Art of Animation
  • Class of room booked - Little Mermaid Room
  • Method used - TP
  • Room requested - 7837
  • Additional circumstances - I put in a note: ā€œMy daughter and I are celebrating her 16th birthday. She loves the Little Mermaid, so weā€™re excited to have a Little Mermaid theme room, and would love a high floor with a nice view if possible. Thank you! :)ā€
  • Result - 7839

The room had a lovely view of the skyliner, which we barely looked at. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Resort/Room Type: Poly DVC studio, standard view

Request: Did online check in where I requested Tokelau 3rd Floor, our DVC owner we rented from also called in and requested Tokelau 3rd Floor. Via Touringplans I requested "Tokelau bldg, room 3932

Received: Tokelau, 3rd Floor, Room 3942. So, opposite side of the hallway, and slightly further down but, at least we got Tokelau 3rd Floor! The room was quiet and very conveniently located. Got the room ready text at 12:26pm, we arrived/checked in around 12:00pm. The only downside to this room location was when we opened our curtains, there was always someone sitting on the bench across the walkway, smoking. We didnā€™t smell anything, but, felt like we couldnā€™t leave the curtains open for sunlight due to privacy. I did submit new photos to TP as this wasnā€™t reflected on the current image. :slight_smile:

Video of view: Youtube Link

4 Likes

Resort - All Star Movies
Class of room booked - preferred
Method used - TP
Room requested - 4855
Additional circumstances - I wanted upper floor in 101 Dalmations section
Result - 1903 Still 101 Dalmations section and honestly the perfect location. Very easy walk to front desk, dining, and the buses.

8 Likes

This was my experience there as well, only I could smell their cigarettes. I wonā€™t request that area again for that reason, even though itā€™s a great location.

Resort - Animal Kingdom Jambo
Class of room booked - savanna view
Method used - TP
Room requested - 5511
Additional circumstances - I wanted to be near the elevator down to the Mara.
Result - 5531 It felt like a very long walk every time as it was almost in the last grouping of rooms. I never saw any animals out either so it was kind of a bust. It was super quiet though.

3 Likes