Please Post Your Room Request Results

I would strongly encourage you to add another child or two to your room reservation to total 5 in the room to ensure you have an extra bed. When I stayed at Beach Club with my two teen boys last August we got a 2-Queen bed room and arrived late so nothing else was available. They brought up a rollaway bed but it was very uncomfortable. If there are 5 on the reservation they will definitely give you a room that sleeps 5, ie extra bed.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this insight! It would be a rough week to share with a kicking kid and my kids (boy/girl) are too old to share.

Resort: POFQ
Garden View
Room requested 4335 and whatever was the connecting room (I can’t remember)

asked for building 4 or 3, with connecting room most important

assigned 3113 we were assured that out travel party was assigned the connecting room, which would have been 3114

They came in very late, were assigned 3112 which also had a connecting door, just not to our room.

We had a view of the gardens and the parking lot. Didn’t complain because I thought we were getting the connecting room part of our request.

The room was very quiet. Being on the ground floor was actually very convenient with the stroller.

4 Likes

Oh that’s a mistake!

2 Likes

Resort: Saratoga Springs
Class- 2BR Standard View
Request: Touring Plans
Room Request: 5727
Result: 4527

Asked for a room on the DS side of the Paddock pool. Got one on the far side/end of the Paddock. It worked out fine, but the resort is big and the walk to DS was longer than I expected.

Paddock pool was great. Kids loved it and the slide was fast. Found out the hard way that the boats from SSR to DS are only docking at the east DS boat dock, so getting to & from the west side of DS is a little bit of a hike from the resort room. It wasn’t unmanageable, but it was about a mile and a half by way of the Lego store.

4 Likes

We had a view of the gardens and the parking lot. Didn’t complain because I thought we were getting the connecting room part of our request.
[/quote]

If you saw any gardens your room assignment was filled. I know b/c I had the same thing happen to me, I saw more parking lot than garden and when I called the front desk about it they ask if I could ‘see green’… that’s the garden :unamused:

To be clear, when I said it was a mistake, I meant getting connecting rooms that didn’t connect to each other. Some of the garden view rooms have truly crappy views. I’ll be interested to see where we end up - I have made it clear that we don’t want to be facing the car park! We couldn’t see the car park from our building 4 standard room.

2 Likes

Resort: Old Key West
Category: 1BR, whatever the category is that’s NOT near Hospitality House
Room Request: 1721 - 1BR golf course view
Result: 1820 - pixie dust upgrade to 2BR. Next door to the building(s) we requested, and no golf course view but worth it for the upgrade!!!

Text read: Most prefer 1721. Would love a room with a golf course view in the group of buildings 15, 16, 17, 62, 63, 64. Prefer lower level. This trip is in celebration of our daughter’s senior year and 18th birthday and we appreciate your efforts to make it extra special

6 Likes

Resort: Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village
Category: 1BR, savanna view
Room Request: 7416
Result: 7826

Text read: In order of importance, we would love:

• a room in the block 7402-7426 or 7804-7830
  • a room as early as possible as we are transitioning from another resort

This trip is in celebration of our daughter’s senior year and 18th birthday and we appreciate your efforts to make it extra special

As we landed in the second block of rooms requested, and our room was ready relatively early (1pm-ish), I call this a win! As stated in my TR would definitely request a room on the lobby level (2nd floor) next time but this view was tough to beat and was very near to the Rafiki elevators so we were close to where we were parked (but not very close to transportation if that is important to you)

6 Likes

Resort - Caribbean Beach Resort
Date - one night, April 30
Request - Jamaica second floor
got - Martinique 1st floor

Pretty much the exact opposite of what we wanted. However, we were in the parks until 9:30 the day of check in and it was a one night stay, so didn’t really make a difference.

3 Likes

Is there a way to see what a previous room request said? I remember the gist of what I put for my requests for my recent trip, but not sure if I could find the exact wording somehow

I just checked past trips, I could see which room I had requested but not the actual request.

3 Likes

There isn’t. I began making note of mine when I realized that some number of trips ago

4 Likes

Smart. I’ll have to remember to do that going forward

1 Like

If you look at your dashboard and you set up previous trips you can expand the old list and see the room you requested (and that would have automatic text) but not any added text

A couple of months ago I compared those requests to my text “your room is ready” messages.

1 Like

We had 2 rooms at Yacht in July 2021- we only had 2 A, 1 ch in each room and they gave us connecting rooms, each with a daybed! It was so good. It wasn’t the exact room we requested, not even close, but I LOVED the location in the end. It was pretty close to an elevator but not super close so we had hallway noise. We did have noise from Magical Express, but since ME has stopped maybe the backing up beeping noise is no longer an issue? Anyway just wanted to throw out there that if you request the sleeper sofa bed thing, I think you’d have a great shot.

• Resort: Pop
  • Class: Standard
  • Method: Used TP for room request
  • Room requested: 4143
  • Additional circumstances: None
  • Result: 8256

I ultimately wanted a quiet room, and this was definitely quiet (because it may have been the farthest building on property?). After the first walk to my room, the rest of the trip I just cut across the 90s Parking lot in order to get to the main hall.

1 Like
  • Resort: Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House
  • Class: Studio Villa, Savanna View
  • Room Requested: 3241
  • Additional Circumstances: none
  • Result: 5427

Essentially, it’s close to the same room on the opposite wing (i.e., zebra instead of kudu) of the Arusha Savanna. Great room, no complaints.

5 Likes
  • Resort: Boardwalk Villas
  • Class: Studio Villa, Garden/Pool View
  • Room Requested: 5053
  • Result: 3110

Well, we requested one of the Northeast-facing rooms sort of overlooking the boardwalk with the morning sun coming up by that EPCOT ball…

What our room 3110 turned out to be is a tree-facing room at the opposite end of the Villas. If you peek around the branches you can see you’re opposite the community hall (whatever that is) by the small pool.

Now as the crow flies, it’s closer to DHS.

If you’re not a crow and you have a stroller or otherwise want to use the elevators, you will have to walk all the way back towards the lobby (and the NE-facing rooms) and then walk all the way back towards DHS.

4 Likes
  • Resort: Beach Club Resort
  • Class: 2 Queens with Standard View
  • Room Requested: 3719
  • Result: 4596

When we checked-in, the CM announced that we were the Family of the Day and given badges!

And we were given an upgraded room!

Our requested room had a sort of a pool view… once you overlooked the roof of Beaches and Cream right outside your window.

The upgraded room was an east-facing Garden view with a full balcony that gave us a view of some fireworks over top of the trees. Much nicer view and closer to the elevators but not close enough for noise or traffic concerns.

7 Likes