Please Post Your Room Request Results

I would always put my actual expected arrival time personally.

1 Like

I know I’m a little late but last spring we were staying at Kidani Village. We requested room 7755 and got 7755.

3 Likes

If it makes you feel better:

In the last year, my family has stayed at 4 Deluxe Villa resorts, and only received a room close to our request once (and even the one was not our top choice).

Even with demand being lower due to the pandemic, Disney has throttled down their inventory (by closing hotels) so availability has always been tight. Most people won’t get the best rooms. Villas are especially tough because owners all know and request the best rooms! So unless your tastes are quirky, you probably won’t get the best room every time. It’s often just up to luck.

I should note that we ended up loving all our rooms. We missed out on certain benefits (like being close to transport) but there were other benefits that we hadn’t initially thought of (like being in a quiet corner, close to other amenities, having a balcony, etc.).

2 Likes

Resort: WL Boulder Ridge Villas
Booked: 2 bedroom
Requested: Corner 2 bedroom (2519, 2528, 3519, 3528, 4519, 4528) or any dedicated 2 bedroom close to the elevators.

We were assigned 2519. This is a really nice corner two bedroom. There is an abundance of natural light and the kitchen has a nice layout. One thing to note is that this is a dedicated two bedroom with one king bed, two queen beds, and one pull out sofa. The touring plans view has this listed as a lock off with one king bed, one queen bed, and two pull out sofas–but that is not correct. This is a dedicated two bedroom. We had no issues with noise and it was close to the elevators. We will definitely put it on top of our wish list next time.

3 Likes

Braggart :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

LOL I feel like I’m way behind some of the prolific travelers around here.

3 Likes
  • Resort: Pop Century
  • Class of room booked: Standard
  • Method used: used TP to request my room
  • Room requested: 6217
  • Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request): no
  • Result: 3208

We’ve always added priorities. I’ll say something like “the specific room isn’t important but we would like a non-connecting room in building X or X on the X floor. However, my priority is a non-connecting room.”

1 Like

Hi all. I just realized I didn’t do the room request before my 30 day mark. Can I still do that with TP somehow or do I now need to rely on MDE? Also yay that we’re less than 30 days away! It’s with pop so I want to request the 50s building (standard pool view). Our only focus is less walk to skyliner.

1 Like

I did mine for this trip I just finished about 5 days before my trip. TP showed it as submitted the day after I put in the request. I didn’t get my requests…but they were submitted!

1 Like

They’ll send it whenever you fill it in.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll give it a try later today.

On the Disney Dish yesterday @len mentioned he is considering doing a whole show about room requests. He did do a wide-angle educational piece on what to do and what not to do WRT room requests. I hope they end up doing that whole show!

6 Likes

TP faxed my room request today for GF. Fingers crossed. I picked a room overlooking the pool close to both pools and the main building. I did it for AKL last time and I got a savannah view for a standard view rate just because it was a “partial view”.

2 Likes
  • Resort: Poly
  • Class of room booked: Standard studio villa
  • Room requested: tokelau 1915
  • Additional circumstances: said that specific room looked fantastic, but my #1 priority was being on the 1st floor with some green space outside, even if in a different bldg
  • Result: tokelau 1932- on the other side of the bldg than what i’d hoped for, but still considered it a win.
2 Likes
  • Resort: Saratoga Springs
  • Class of room booked: 3 BR Grand Villa
  • Room requested: 6607
  • Result: 7241

I actually never made a room request for my Poly night, but I got the most AWESOME room. It was a DVC DS Lake View. Room 3025; Moorea bldg. When I checked in, the room wasn’t ready but I asked where I should park b/c I had selected a Lake View. Lawarence (CM) said, “It’s actually a park view:”
:partying_face: He also told me if I was going to EC that I would be closer to the TTC than the lobby monorail. I could hear and see all the ferryboat travels. The fireworks were fabulous from the balcony too.

5 Likes

That is indeed a fabulous room.

DVC building, yes?

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s a DVC bldg, but the CM said it was where all the Lake View rooms were.

2 Likes

Yes, this is one of the DVC buildings. We stayed in that building in October, but our room faced inward toward the resort.

1 Like