Please Post Your Room Request Results

To be fair, “quiet” is a very difficult ask. A room could be deadly quiet during one stay and have screaming banshees next door another. So I’d imagine that is the hardest request to fill because it’s entirely dependent on those other guests around it.

2 Likes

Definitely. Just stating noise levels as listed on tp room finder

1 Like
  • Resort: All Star Movies
  • Class of room booked: Preferred room
  • Method used: TP
  • Room request: Room 5749 and surrounding non-connecting rooms
  • Additional circumstances: Wrote in the notes that I didn’t have a specific room request but that my priority was a non-connecting room in the Fantasia section
  • Did online check in months in advance and indicated “near pool” and my arrival time as 10:00 AM. (My flight was scheduled to arrive at 7:25 AM)
    We were only staying two nights before a Disney Cruise
  • Result: room 5855 which was a non-connecting room in the same building I requested. Met my request.
    ++Note as soon as we crossed the Disney sign on property on the Magical Express I got the text from Disney that my room wasn’t quite ready. This was 9:15 AM. Got a second text at 10:00 that they were prepping my room. We had an ADR at City Works at Disney Springs at 10:35 AM. Room ready text at 12:41 AM which was around the time we left City Works.
6 Likes

*Resort: Coronado Springs, Gran Destino Tower
*Class of Room booked: Gran Destino Tower, 2 queen standard view
*Method used: since we were only staying one night, I didn’t do a room request and did not make any requests in MDE during online check in

• Room request: None
    *Additional Circumstances: during online check in several months before, I indicated we would be there at 10:30AM. Reserved room for after a Disney Cruise. Got a text from Disney at 8:46AM confirming 10:30 arrival time. Took Disney transport to the resort. 10:01 text almost as soon as we got to GDT saying room not ready but would text again in 45 minutes. At 11:03 got room ready text.
    *Result: room 651, great view of Spaceship Earth, ToT, Swan, GE
    *only staying one night. Went to front desk around 4:30PM to get magical extras and Magical Express letter. CM asked what we would be doing the next day since our flight didn’t leave until 7:55 PM. Told her we’d take our luggage down at 11:00 during check out and would use the pool and play mini golf. CM offered without me asking at late check out for 1:00PM!!!
4 Likes

Resort: ALK
Class: DVC deluxe studio Savanna View (used points)
Room Requested 7608

Room assigned 7636
We stayed one night to check off staying there w/ a savanna view. The red area I highlighted is where the animals were consistently seen. The only reason animals came anywhere near our room was b/c the game wardens put food down 3-4 times a day to draw them down into that area. This practice is very nice b/c ppl want to see the animals close up. Our room was near the elevator nearest the pool and pool bar. Parking is crazy down there, but they have elevators all along the very long hallways. The only food at Kadina is Saana for lunch/dinner requiring an ADR (they do have saana to go now) or the pool bar that is open 11-??. If we stayed there again I would request to stay on Jambo side for QS access, bigger gift shop.

4 Likes

Important to note though that at Kidani you get 2 baths in a 1BR. At Jambo you get just 1

3 Likes

OH… very good point. We were in a studio. And unhappy w/ the long long long walks to anything

Just back from two nights at ASM and 6 nights at BRV. Made my requests through TP.

Resort: All Star Movies
Booked: Standard room
Requested: Love Bug building, top floor
Received: Mighty Ducks building 2, ground floor, room 2710

We had never stayed here and added it last minute when we decided to go a couple of days early. I made my request based on a little research looking for a quiet room. We were actually very happy with this location. It was a corner room, very close to parking and a pool and a short walk to the food court/buses, etc.

Resort: Boulder Ridge Villas
Booked: Two bedroom Villa using points
Requested: 4519, 3519, 2519 (corner room configurations), or upper floor facing Bay Lake
Received: Room 5541

I was hoping for one of the corner rooms as I prefer that room configuration over the standard layout. But I also wanted a lake view so I didn’t specify the corner rooms facing the bus area. I also didn’t request 5519 because that’s a two bedroom lock off, not what I booked. Our room was on the 5th floor. It had a beautiful view of the lake and we could see the sunrise in the morning and the EWP at night.

I think they may have assigned this room to us also because I had indicated we would be arriving early, after leaving ASM. Sure enough I got the room ready text by noon. It was a great room, we were happy with it.

On another note I just want to give a shout out to the TP restaurant reservation finder. It came through with every request I put in, whether they were before the trip or during, including Topolinos, Homecomin, Be Our Guest, and Sanaa. Unfortunately we couldn’t take advantage of every one but after seeing how great it worked I’ll never stress about not getting reservations at sixty days again.

6 Likes

We had a split stay and our rooms were way off. Had requested lower floors in specific areas and got higher floors nowhere near that.

I suspect it’s because we picked specific rooms and didn’t give more exact requests :woman_shrugging:t2: Ah well.

2 Likes

Yes. If you only leave one or two room numbers in, the assigner has no idea why, and when those rooms are not available (odds are VERY slim) they’ll just put you in anywhere.

I always leave the “we would like to request this type of room” line prepopulated with the numbers and text when I click on the room I am “requesting” because that is in the language the assigners know in terms of the direction, etc.

Then in the “Additional Information” box I’ll put no more than 3 requests in priority order.

For example, when I stayed at Sports, I selected a corner room in Surf’s Up as my “requested” room and left the text in that box as was. I then said
“I have booked a preferred room and would like to request:
1st priority: Surf’s Up section
2nd priority: Third Floor
3rd priority: Corner Room”
That way the assigner knew to first look to see if there were rooms available in Surf’s Up, then if there were any on the third floor, then if any of those were a corner. I ended up getting Surf’s Up, Third Floor, the room next to a corner. If I’d taken out all the info in that first section but the one room number, the assigner would have had no clue what I was looking for.

Admittedly it has not always worked - but I suspect that once was because I didn’t get in until after midnight and since you don’t usually get the text until much closer to your scheduled arrival time (or when you’re on DME…so who knows with it going away), I strongly suspect someone had been given the room I ended up in and fussed so that my assigned room got changed to accommodate them; and the second time was because when I checked at the desk to make sure my magic band was linked (it had not been on my previous trip and got a “Please see the front desk” text rather than a room number, the CM began looking to see if there was a room available and I didn’t stop her because the thought of putting my stuff away before hitting the parks sounded like a good idea - and the available room was pretty opposite to what I’d requested, but it was there and it turned out fine.

3 Likes

I think this happens often.

6 Likes

Oh, so do I. Which is why I think we sometimes see reports of people with earlier arrivals getting their room text before they’re even in the air to get to Orlando and later arrivals don’t get theirs until they’re almost on property. WAY too much hassle to send it out and have to retract it because they put someone else in there to make them happy - which could make the original person unhappy as well and VERY confused. I can see those encounters at the front desk - “I’m very confused. What room AM I in, and why was I moved from it.” Because if they say maintenance, I’m fairly sure someone who would go to the desk to discuss would stalk the room and raise a fit when they saw someone in it. Easier not to send it out early.

3 Likes

Resort: Pop Century
Booked: Standard Room
Requested: 3236 (Building 3, 2nd floor)
Received: 7234 (Building 7, 2nd floor)

We’re 0/5 on our room requests so far. I just found this site to be able to put in what we actually got. For our past trips I don’t have the info anymore to be able to submit here so I just put our most recent trip. Not sure if we’re doing something wrong. We always select that we will be checking in later so that Disney doesn’t assume that we would rather have our room ready early over our preferred choice of room (in this instance our room wasn’t ready til after 5 pm). We also make sure that we are requesting rooms that are within our booking category. We’ll keep trying but so far not much luck.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

So sorry to hear this! A couple of questions:

1. Are you using the Touring Plans room finder? Or some other way to submit your request?
  2. Does your request only provide a single room, or a block of rooms/general priorities?
  3. Do you also fill out the room request using the app / My Disney Experience?

For 2, if you only put a single room as your request and that room is unavailable, the room assigner won’t know what would please you, so they may just get whatever is convenient for them. It’s always good to include your priorities in the notes (i.e., upper floor, near transport, near elevator, connecting rooms, etc.).

For 3, it’s better NOT to fill out the room request info in MDE if you are submitting a separate room request. The MDE info is not as specific, and may override your previously submitted request.

Hope this helps in the future!

2 Likes

All of what @Jeff_AZ said. ESPECIALLY the not just selecting one room number. WHY is that room important? Floor? Building? Location? I always leave the wording in the pre-populated field on the TP request form as-is since it is in assigner speak and gives the general direction. I then in the more info box list no more than 3 priorities (ex: 1st priority - top floor; 2nd priority - corner room; 3rd priority - King Bed (if that is not a bookable category).

And also, just remember that requests are ONLY requests. IF the assigner has the information, they will try their best. BUT sometimes there is just no room available that meets your requests.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply! To answer your questions:

1. Yes we’ve used TP room finder to submit room requests :slight_smile:

2. We have requested specific rooms cause as fas as I know you have to select a specific room on the room finder/room request tool. For some we have included notes in the additional info section but not all of them so I will start doing this all the time from now on.

3. And no we do not put specific requests for check in on MDE and we always put check in time for after 4pm.

We know it’s not a guarantee and we’ll keep trying! Just looking to see if there was something we should be doing differently.

1 Like

Yes, you “select” one room. But if you look at the form, it says for our upcoming stay, I would like to request this type of room and then it has the basic info like building (if applicable), floor, and direction and a list of numbers - not just your selected number.

3 Likes

Thanks so much! We’ll try adding more info in the additional info box and see if that helps!

2 Likes

Do you usually stay at Pop? It seems like some resorts are better than others with requests. Also, as @lizzieanne771 mentioned in another post, if you are checking in after 4 room changes for other guests might impact your room assignment.

2 Likes

We’re DVC so we usually stay at Deluxe resorts. This was our first time at Pop. So what should we put as our check-in time? I had always heard to put a 3:00 or 4:00 check-in time because otherwise Disney will assume you want your room ready sooner over the one you are requesting. Is that not the case?