Please Post Your Room Request Results

Now that’s nice!

Resort: Beach Club Villas
Class of room booked: 1 bedroom
Method Used: Touring plans fax
Room requested: 420
Result: 409

I really wanted a fireworks facing room (my family is not big on fireworks and so I love to get to watch them from my room). This is not a fireworks facing view. This room also has a balcony only from the master bedroom and not off of the living area and it is very small.

On the plus side, it’s close to an elevator and has a “cast member only” space next to it so it’s very quiet.

Resort: Boardwalk Villas
• Class of room booked: Boardwalk view
• Method used(e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.): TP request only
• Room requested: 3017, 3015 2 br lock off
• Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request): No
• Result: 4017, 4015, sounds very close but the balconies are very different, regardless an excellent location and trip!

5 Likes

Resort: Coronado Springs
Class of room booked: Tower, standard view, QQ
Method: TP room request
Room requested: 9139 or similar, SE facing, non-connecting, highest floor possible
Additional circumstances: N/A
Result: 0907
Non-connecting, end of hall, and in it’s own hall, no rooms above us, & view of AK. It was HEAVEN.

10 Likes

What is QQ?

2 queen

Ah. Never saw that before. I just assume unless I book a King when it is bookable (as it is at CSR) it will be 2 queens.

1 Like
  • Resort Animal Kingdom Villas-Jambo

• Class of room booked Studio - Savanna View (booked through David’s VC Rentals)

• Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.) TP request only

• Room requested

Subject: Jambo,Flr 5,Kudu Trail, Pair of Arusha-facing rooms .Example:5309/5311,5321/5323,5329/5331

Body:
My husband, FName LName, has our second room on confirmation number ############.

Our very highest priority is to have the two rooms be near each other, connecting or adjoining if possible.

It would be wonderful if we could have a view of the Arusha Savanna, preferably on Kudu Trail.

I think one of these pairs of rooms might work well:
5309/5311
5321/5323
5329/5331

Sunset Savanna would be our second choice of view.

We’ve been staring at our own backyard A LOT for the last year+, so we are stretching our budget to have one night at AKL and are hoping you’ll be able to find a magical view for us as we kick off my husband’s birthday week.

Thanks so much for your help in making sure the two rooms are close!

• Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request)
    Booking was only for one night, 5/29/21, 2 separate bookings each for a Studio - Savanna View
    We entered a separate request for the other confirmation number and just flipped the wording accordingly. (I set it up in TP as a separate trip.)
    I’m pretty sure there are NOT connecting rooms of this class available, but included that wording just in case.

• Result
    5329/5331

8 Likes

Awesome view, and congrats on getting your request!

1 Like

• Class of room booked: Standard
• Method used(e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.): TP request only
• Room requested: 8670 or similar
• Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request): Requested Cabanas section, top floor, corner room in that priority order.
• Result: 5154 - Casitas, 1st floor, middle of a block. BUT to be fair, I do not know if initially I was blocked into a room closer to my request. I went to the desk to get a birthday button and make sure my Magic Bands were linked correctly and led with “I know my room is nor ready yet - I got the text and that is fine” but the very nice CM started looking to see if any were available (this was shortly after 8am). She found the one that I have. And honestly? I love that I have all my stuff unpacked so I can just get a bath/shower and chill when I get back to the resort later.

3 Likes

Resort: Wilderness Lodge
Class of room booked: Standard view, QQ
Method: TP room request
Room requested: 5089 room opening onto the lobby
Additional circumstances: N/A
Result: 5082

I really wanted a room opened to the lobby because the other standard rooms were over the loading and receiving docks and I didn’t want to wake up early to the beep beep beep of vehicles. I did hear some as my room was only 2 away from that area and there was some lobby noise during the day, but the mostly wooded view and sights of Space Mountain, the Contemporary, monorials, and HEA fireworks could not be beat.

4 Likes

Resort: Yacht Club
Class of room booked: Garden View 2Qn bed
Room requested: 3151
Result: 4140, connecting to 4138.

The good about these rooms: Both rooms had the pull-down sleeper sofa option! It was great to have a bed for each person. We had a balcony which I had no idea how much I’d love. It was amazing. The location was very convenient as in just a few doors down from the elevators, and from the ice. It didn’t take long to get out the door and on the way towards DHS in the morning. The quick service was just below us, 4 floors down! So it was so quick to go down there to refill our mugs. There wasn’t much hallway noise, either. We are basically park open to park close, but we were here day 1 and didn’t hear too much noise even though we went to sleep at about 8pm (jet legged).

The not so great: The view was just basically trees, and the side of the resort. Not exciting. Not much “garden”. There was some noise outside as we were fairly close to the drop off for the magical express. My daughter did notice this noise, even over our sound machine that we sleep with. She was on the sleeper sofa. Location wise, this is gonna be a hike from the main pool. But it’s not that big of a deal, honestly.

4 Likes

Class of room booked: Standard 2 Qn
Room requested: 6322 Ranchos 6A
Result: 8221 Cabanas 8A, connecting to 8222 I believe

The good: This location is a standard view, but we could see the tower and the lagoon from out the front door. We were on the second floor, which we found to be very quiet. The Dig Site was really a quick walk, probably no more than 3 min to the back gate where the kiddie pool is and the access to the waterslide. The room was clean, and was spacious as always. We were really close to the Cabanas bus stop (maybe 2 min walk), but didn’t have the dreaded parking lot view so I was super happy with this room. The Ranchos section quiet pool is probably closer than the Cabanas section, but we didn’t go to the quiet pools since the Dig Site was so close and convenient.

The bad: Still with Coronado, it’s tough to get use out of your refillable resort mug. We had ours from our Yacht stay (we did a split stay). If we were just at CSR, no way would I buy one. No other drawback, honestly. It was a great, great stay and housekeeping even came in an extra day for an extra towel/trash exchange!!

5 Likes

Resort: Gran Destino Tower Coronado Springs
Class of room booked: Standard View
Room requested: 9455
Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request): I requested an early arrival of 1:30 via mobile check-in which was honored.
Result: 367

Not even close…again. We had a very nice view of the parking lot.

3 Likes

I think those extra requests sometimes bonk people’s room requests. It becomes a contest of convenience request vs actual room request.

6 Likes

Yeah I think things like asking for early arrival overrule the room request.
I usually only list two things on my room request, and I specify why I picked them so that if the room I asked for isn’t available, maybe I’ll get something comparable. And I also I state that the requests are in order of priority.
I’ll also say that the only place I have not been successful with my room request was Coronado.

1 Like

Completely agree and predicted this would happen. In the end early arrival was more important for the events of the day so it wasn’t a complete flop.

4 Likes
  • Resort - Pop Century

• Class of room booked - Standard

• Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.) - TP fax request

• Room requested - 4454 (Bldg 1960s,Flr 4,NW-facing room.
    Exmple:4454,4453,4455,4452,4456,4451,4457,4450)

• Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request) - showed an early arrival time via Magical Express, but did NOT request early arrival for room. This was a pre-50th trip, and crowds were low, so might have been easier for them to accommodate us.

• Result - Room 4458 - just 4 rooms over!

We prefer top floor and 1960s building due to location – easy to get to Main Hall, buses, food, but also easy access to the Skyliner. Getting this building, facing this direction also allowed us to easily verify Skyliner was running, and BONUS if we left the parks early, we could see fireworks from our window!
Super happy with our results for this long weekend trip! (Is it time to go back yet???)

6 Likes
  • Resort: Polynesian Villas
  • Class of room booked: Deluxe Studio (Standard View)
  • Method used: Request through Touring Plans
  • Room request: 3948 - Upper floor, Tokelau, west-facing room
  • Result: 2012 - upper floor, Moorea, south-facing room

This room ended up being in a very convenient location. Not too far from Ceremonial House, bus transport, TTC, pool, beach, etc. We were right by the stairs so we could get to the ground floor easily.

4 Likes

Resort: BWI
Type of room booked: standard view
Method used: TP
Request: 5276, upper floor, quiet, SE facing
Received: 3246, moderate noise, garden view, e facing

1 Like