Please Post Your Room Request Results

Stayed at BLT last weekend to view fireworks. Bucket list resort, theme park view. (APs on blackout dates)

Room Requested: 7918
Room given: 7628
Went back down to front desk and got reassigned to room: 7518

The building bows/ curves and on Contemporary tower side the view of the park isn’t as good, it’s really a fabulous view of the Grand Floridian resort. The rooms closer to Space Mtn. have a straight on view of the castle. We were on the 5th floor which was fine.

As for viewing fireworks. Our lake/theme park view at Poly was better. At the poly you are viewing the castle front, can hear the music (not clearly but if you tune into channel 105 in your room you can listen). The lake carries the sound to the room but at BLT there is so much mechanical humming sound doesn’t carry well plus you are viewing fireworks from the side and so they are seen as if they are closer to space mtn rather than the castle.

View from poly

View from BLT

5 Likes

Stayed at Jambo House in a standard view DVC studio. Requested room 5232 or any Kudu Trail room. Actually were in room 5238 - Kudu Trail! Super happy since it means savanna views. BUT TP has 5238 listed as a savanna view studio, rather than standard view. Did we just get lucky?! I’m not gonna complain!

8 Likes
  • Resort: Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani
  • Class of room booked: Deluxe Studio - Savana view
  • Method used: Touring Plans
  • Room requested: 7214
  • Result: 7262

Primary consideration was limiting walking distance to/from bus stop as my wife has mobility issues. The room we got was the same requested floor and wing, but the furthest possible room. I should have asked for a change, but stuck with it to my later regret. The walk was painful for my wife. I thought in the text of the request I had emphasized the walking issues enough, but next time I will be more emphatic and not hesitate to request a change.

4 Likes

Resort: Copper Creek at Wilderness Lodge
Class if Room Booked: 1 Bedroom
Request Method Used: Touring Plans (sent 5 Days prior to check in)
Room Requested: 5130
Result: 3130

Very happy with the results. Not sure if it was coincidence or intentional to give us same room just a couple floors down. Great room with views of lake and pools facing SE

7 Likes

It’s great you were pleased w/ your room. Welcome to the forum!

Just now posting results from my December split stay.

Resort: Coronado Springs Tower
Class: Standard 2Qn
Request: Touring Plans
Room Requested: 9061
Result: 0538

The room was ok, technically an upgrade because we had a view of the water, with Expedition Everest barely visible in the way distance. The issue I had was that this room wasn’t very quiet- we arrived on a red-eye and were wanting to sleep early (about 9P) and the movie on the lawn was still going, and you could really hear it from our room. I did request a specific room, but my comment was simply that I would prefer a room up high in the tower and as quiet as possible. This one was near an elevator, on a low floor, and not very quiet.

1 Like

The second room of our December Split Stay.

Resort: Port Orleans Riverside
Class: Pool View 2 Qn
Room Request: 8907
Result: 8263

This was a CORNER ROOM in the Acadia house. It was a fabulous location and I would 100% recommend it. It is the 2nd floor, but we didn’t notice any noise from above or below. It was located very close to a grand staircase leading directly to the Magnolia Bend quiet pool. The pool never had people in it, and the laundry room was huge and so easily accessible. The room itself was nice with the corner windows, but location was the prime thing that made this room so wonderful. It was close to parking right behind the laundry room, close to Ol’ Man Island (right across a bridge), and a quick 4-5 min delightful stroll to the food court area. What a great room!

5 Likes

Requested:
Bldg 1960s,Flr 1,NW-facing room.Exmple:4160,4159,4158,4157,4156,4155,4154,4153
Received:
Bldg 1980s,Flr 1,W-facing room.Exmple:9148,9147,9146,9145,9144,9143,9142,9141

2 Likes

I’ve just requested 7610 (1BR) for April based on your endorsement of this location

3 Likes

I stayed in 7630 in June (requested 7622). It was a studio. That is a great area.

2 Likes

I configured the request to say between 7606-7632 and then isolated our other preferences (location, floor, room ready r/t split stay) in order of importance.

2 Likes

Resort: Port Orleans French Quarter
Class: Pool View 2 Qn
Room Request: 5316
Result: 2235

Pop Century resort
Preferred room
Booked online
Requested room 4122 through Touring Plans
Got room 5443

We wanted a 1st floor King bed room but got 4th floor Queen bed and different building lol. The room faced the back and I really don’t know why they call it preferred. It was perfectly situated between the food court and the skyliner so that was nice. Parking and loading/unloading the car was terrible. Gotta take the good with the bad I guess.

1 Like

This is what makes it preferred.

Sorry it wasn’t a great fit for your needs :frowning:

I guess they’ve changed it? Many moons ago we stayed at Pop preferred and it was close to main lobby and buses was the description.

1 Like

If you’re situated between the food court and the skyliner you ARE close to the main lobby and buses.

2 Likes

I though the Skyliner was in the back? I haven’t looked much at it I guess. Unless they were close to “transportation” then buses and sSkyliner would be factors.

So it is in the back, but there are buildings between the food court building (where the buses are) and the bridge to art of animation (which is how you would get to skyliner)

If you’re in a building that is between skyliner and food court you’re close to both, see:

They were in 50s building If I’m reading the post right, and I think those are preferred buildings

We lucked out with building 10 (no Skyliner at the time) nad I might be to chicken to ever ride it anyway :joy:

1 Like

5443 is the room number he said. That’s building 5 of the 60’s section.

1 Like