Please Post Your Room Request Results

How was your view? It sounds like you could see part of the savanna but I’m assuming either obstructed or foliage or corner or too high up to see well?

1 Like

View is great. It’s the end of Sunset Savannah. (Can’t figure out how to paste my pic here-hmmm).

6 Likes

That is a great view! I’m curious why it gets the Value category …

I think there was some reason they ended up with a bank of rooms with about 4’ less depth that they categorized as value.

2 Likes

OMG THAT OSTRICH LAID AN EGG OMG OMG OMG

(I know you said it up above, but now there’s photographic evidence.)

How cool!!!

… Is the egg still out there?

I’m so worried.

4 Likes

The keepers will be right on top of making sure everything is just fine. Try not to worry.

And watch the Animal Kingdom series on Disney+

5 Likes

They usually take the egg to hatch it somewhere else, and give the ostriches a fake egg so they don’t freak out.

3 Likes

Turns out that they lay eggs when they are interested in or want to attract someone. And they are all female on this savannah so not fertile.

6 Likes

Unless, of course, life has found a way.

All the dinos were female too…

4 Likes

Ha! I just told my kids about that tonight.

Keeper came and picked up the egg about an hour ago. She just laid another one.

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

From our December 2020 trip:

Poly Lakeview Deluxe Studio. Dec 18-20, requested room 3021 (through TP), received room 1035 which was way way far from what requested, however we were able to check in early after a red-eye so we were pleased. The biggest complaint was the ferry horn, but if you’re out at the parks, you won’t notice. If you’re trying to sleep a little after a red-eye, maybe not the best resort choice overall.

2 Likes

May 6 2021
CBR Standard View - 2 queens
Requested: 4309 which is ground floor near the skyliner in Jamaica
Received: 5626 Aruba

It is VERY near the Epcot Skyliner, so that is a plus, but it is about as far from Old Port Royale as you can get. Good location, but definitely not what was requested.

Boulder Ridge 1-br, May 3-7. Requested 3537 (pool/lake view, end of the building close to lobby). Got opposite view on the 3rd floor, very close to elevators (overlooking the walkway to the resort). Complicating factor: our TA requested that our room be near a family member’s reservation). Room was quiet and fine!

Resort - ASM
Room Requested - 7916 (love bug section)
Room Recirced - 6737 (love bug section)

Special requests. - I went when the cheer groups were going to be there. In my request I stated I didn’t care where they put me, I just wanted to be as far away from the noise as possible. My room request was a third floor, which I thought would help with the noise. I received a ground floor. I was really upset when I got my room assignment and went to the front desk to ask about moving somewhere else. In the end I decided to stay put and WAS SO GLAD I did. When I rounded the corner to get to my room it was almost like putting in earplugs. They honored my request to stay as far away from the noise as possible. It was perfect!

6 Likes

Resort: Riviera
Room Requested: 8941 (1BR Villa, Standard View)
Room Assigned: 8965 (1 BR Villa, Standard View)

Room was fine. Same floor requested, roughly same view. Very satisfied.

2 Likes

Resort Yacht Club
Garden view
Touring plans fax, noted same requests on Disney phone call
Requested 2130 and 2132 (I think) requested close to lobby
Asked for connecting rooms, 2 Q with sleeper sofa
Got 4220 and 4222, about 10 rooms away from being the farthest away from the elevators
Did get connecting rooms which was most important . Both rooms had 2Q plus sleeper sofa
Room with 3 adults got the walk in shower. Room with 2 small children had a bathtub.

5 Likes
  • Resort: Art of Animation
  • Class of room booked: Lion King Family Suite
  • Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.) TP Request
  • Room requested: 6836
  • Additional circumstances: We requested a 4th floor with a view of Pop Century. We also stated we were making a rescheduled celebration of a crummy result of High School Graduation cancellation in 2020.
  • Result: 6810. It was the opposite of the requested wing, but still had a great view of Pop and Hourglass Lake. We were happy with it.
3 Likes

Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo 2BR Standard Villa

Room Requested: Jambo, Flr 5, 5216/5214, 5222/5220, or in the area near 5426/5428
Notes: If the requested rooms aren’t available, a room near elevators / transportation is preferred.
Room Assigned: 5426/5428
Didn’t get the partial savanna view villas that I had requested, but the pool view was nice and worked well for us.

Beach Club Villas 2BR Villa

Room Requested: Beach Club Villas, Flr 4,SE-facing room. Exmple: 424, 422, 420, 427, 429, 433
Notes: If the requested rooms aren’t available, a room near the lobby / transportation is preferred.
Room Assigned: 267
Nowhere near the area we requested. It was a bit of a hike to get anywhere - this location would be better for someone with a rental car - it was close to the DVC pool and parking lots. But the room was lovely and the location didn’t bother us too much. 2nd floor was nice to have a full length balcony across all 3 rooms of our 2BR.

Bay Lake Tower 2BR Villa - Theme Park View

Room Requested: Bay Lake Tower, Upper Floors, NW-facing room. Exmple: 8222, 8122, 8022, 7922, 7822, 7722
Room Assigned: 7422
This was a great room. Not as high a floor as I hoped, but it was on the right side of the building to have a direct MK view rather than skewed more toward Contemporary. (Note we paid for a Theme Park view but the exact view varies slightly depending on the side of the building.)

6 Likes

BWV- requested 5057 or any room looking over the green. Additional info: first stay as a BWV owner but please my only request is a balcony.

Result: room 1048- no balcony.

It is a handicap accessible room. This is the 3rd time in a row so now I believe my profile might have a special need associated with it?

2 Likes