Please help with MK touring plan

We have just one day in MK and I have used the touring plans here with some tweaks. I don’t love this and am open to any feedback. We won’t be taking any breaks this day. This trip is just myself and two teenagers so no small kids. The day is Wed, May 9th. I am coming up on my FP window so hoping to get a plan in place. I really appreciate any help! Thank you.

Rope Drop
Space Mountain
Buzz
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (aiming for FP+ 9-10am)
Big Thunder (aiming for FP+ 10-11am)
Splash
BOG lunch ADR at 11am
Peter Pan (aiming for 12-1pm FP+)
Philharmagic
Small World
Prince Charming Carrousel
Winnie the Pooh (should I try to get another FP+ here when my fourth slot opens up?)
Under the Sea Little Mermaid
Barnstormer
Dumbo
Mad Tea Party
TTA
Carousel of Progress
Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor
ADR at 5pm Liberty Tree
Haunted Mansion
Aladdin
Pirates
Jungle Cruise (Maybe a FP+ here?)
Fireworks?

Since you have 1 day and 3 adults, you might consider starting with the standard 1 day adult touring plan

https://touringplans.com/plans/56

And seeing how that fits, there are suggested FPP choices and you can then tweak it if there are rides you want to skip or add…

1 Like

I agree with gamusicman. I think you are missing too many “adult” rides and have too many kiddie rides.

1 Like

I would consider scratching Philharmagic, Barnstormer, Aladdin, and maybe Pooh, depending. I love Pooh the bear, but find the ride to be a little underwhelming. That would give you some breathing room in your plan. I think the Jungle Cruise FP is key, and Haunted Mansion FP would be useful. Teach the teens how to refresh MDE so they can “tap and grab” additional FPs after your initial three are used. Two teens might enjoy lunch at Cosmic Rays or Pecos Bill more than BOG - double check the menus.

1 Like

What adult rides am I missing?

Will do! Thank you!!

Thank you so much for the good points!

My thoughts:

Rope Drop
Space Mountain
Buzz

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (aiming for FP+ 9-10am)

• This one, you take when you can get the FP, but I would put it in the afternoon, as that’s when you want something that’s a sure thing. This time of the morning, you want to get in the ones that you have to stand in line for while the lines are still lower. If you can only get a morning FP, then take it, but if there’s an afternoon one, then get that.

Big Thunder (aiming for FP+ 10-11am)
Splash
BOG lunch ADR at 11am
Peter Pan (aiming for 12-1pm FP+)
Philharmagic
Small World
Prince Charming Carrousel

• It’s a MerryGoRound. You have teens, so unless you’re nostalgic, they might not be interested in this.

Winnie the Pooh (should I try to get another FP+ here when my fourth slot opens up?)

• I think this is aimed at younger kids, but if you’ve never done it, then go for it.

Under the Sea Little Mermaid
Barnstormer

• Double check on Touring Plans site, but I think this is not a very comfortable ride for adults. Although it’s an aggressive roller coaster, it’s meant for kids… so not too aggressive.

Dumbo

• Really my son’s favourite ride when he was 2. Your teens may not like this one.

Mad Tea Party
TTA
Carousel of Progress

• I love this, but for many people, it’s a great place to rest for 20 minutes in a dark air conditioned theatre. But I have always enjoyed this show. See it if you have the time.

Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor
ADR at 5pm Liberty Tree
Haunted Mansion
Aladdin

• Another ride that’s more like a midway ride with Disney theming. Your kids may not want to do this one.

Pirates
Jungle Cruise (Maybe a FP+ here?)

Fireworks?

1 Like

I love your ideas! Thank you so much!!

1 Like

Just my 2 cents but your packing alot into the one day. Its not a bad thing, we enjoy touring like this as well. When DW, DD13 & I went last May we were RD to firework on our MK day.
With that said, fpp’s 4, 5, 6, 7, etc… will be your friends. Get 7dmt fpp as early as possible or rope drop it. Use up your first 3. fpp’s by noon and then let sdfp’s and modify dictate your day. We had an awesome time touring like this. We had a fpp for every ride. We’d tap into one ride and immediately search for the next available based on time and where we were located. We were modfying while we were walking, riding, eating, standing in line, etc… You may do some criss crossing but it we rode everything we wanted and multiple times in alot of cases.

We had a touring plan similar to yours, from A to B to C etc… But once we did C and DD13 said that was fun lets do it again, i searched, modified, and was able to get us right back on. I could of said Sorry, we have a plan to stick to but im glad i didnt. After that we let sdfp’s be our guide. Definitely Not for everyone but im glad we toured that way.

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you! This was kind of my thought. My girls are older (17 & 18) so I don’t mind a day like this. We also don’t really have a choice as it’s a really short trip this time around unfortunately. Thank you so much for replying!

Ariadne did a great job covering rides you may want to skip. I would definitely try to get HEA in. I went over you list again and there are only a few things missing but nothing that is a can’t miss in my opinion.

I would recommend pre-ordering your BOG lunch before you leave. That can be a big time saver

1 Like

Ok, HEA? I am stumped on that abbreviation. lol! What does that stand for? Great idea on pre-ordering our lunch. I didn’t even think of that! Thank you so much!

Happily Ever After = HEA

Have a great trip!!

1 Like

Oh, geesh. I should have known that. Sorry! We haven’t seen it yet. Thank you so very much! Thanks for bearing with me. Just a little overwhelmed. I appreciate everyone’s help!

Scratch PilharMagic? I cannot tell you have much I disagree with that statement!

3 Likes

I actually love Philharmagic too! I’m 38! lol!!

5 Likes

I love Philharmagic also!

I also love getting a break in the shade on the people mover.

3 Likes

Same here! :slight_smile:

No disrespect to Philharmagic! I shouldn’t have said “scratch” - it just looked like too much to do. I was just thinking that one adult and two teens would probably want to hit the three mountains, pirates, jungle, and the mine train. Then adding on from there with maybe Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, or whatever sounded good. But just with those, much of your day is committed. If you did all this before lunch:
Pirates 9:11
BTMR 9:28
Splash 9:42
10 minute break
Peter Pan w/ 930 FP 10:17
7 Dwarfs w/ 1030 FP 10:30
Buzz 10:46
Space Mountain w/ 1130 FP 11:30
Be Our Guest lunch 11:45
You could spend lunch time looking for same day FPs and try to hit
Jungle Cruise
Haunted Mansion
and whatever else you might want to fit in, (like Philharmagic, PeopleMover, etc.). And more than likely something will have gone wrong with the morning plan and you will want to circle back to something you missed.
My thought was just to sort of start with the core and work out. A lot of what was on the OP’s list was what I would consider “bonus” or “if there’s time”. But of course everyone is different. I would be disappointed not to ride IASW, but for a lot of folks that’s a throw-away.

1 Like