Please Do NOT Fill in All Available Space - A Trip Report in the Time of COVID

Lol it won’t be that long. They let people in 30-60 min early. You’re just smart like that. :wink:

2 Likes

Lol, right? Have they never met a liner?

Exactly!!! Kids rocked it! It’s hard to RD when you have to take a stroller thru security as well as having to park the thing!! Thru security by 10:05, 8th group in line for FEA at 10:22 and off the ride by 10:35!!

Now waiting on Mexico to open and then we’ve got a leisurely few hours ahead of us in WS!!

7 Likes

I see your son decided to be the odd one out and not wear the matching mask! Love it

1 Like

Lol!! Already such a dude. No offense to all the guys on here! It’s hilarious.

1 Like

We are back at the hotel relaxing!

We had a great morning in the WS. My kids loved RD. Especially DD10 who was giddy to be on the first boat of the day on Gran Fiesta! :laughing: I think we were 3rd boat of the day on Frozen. After those rides we explored WS West looking at EVERYTHING on that side of America. I don’t know if it’s just because we’ve been several times now or what but my kids loved poking around in the Showcase today. We shopped and snacked for about 3 hours before they started to run out of gas. Saw Anna and Elsa plus Mickey and Minnie. At one point DS said “Mama, WS is awesome. All we’re doing is shopping and eating snacks!!” Right you are, son. :sweat_smile:

We left the car at the BW to have to drive back after park close later. Took the Skyliner back to the Riviera. They are playing on their tablets and I hopped down to the Bar and grabbed some wine to enjoy on the patio.

Might see if the kids want to hop in the pool in a bit. Dinner at GG and rides in FW tonight!

ETA: pics loaded out of order but y’all get the idea! :wink:

18 Likes

Currently sitting here watching the kids do this on repeat. Having four swimmers is amazing!!!

12 Likes

As Mando would say, “This is the way.”

How did DS like the Skyliner today? Better?

2 Likes

Slide looks fun!

1 Like

ROFL! This is precious!!!

1 Like

He said he liked it better. I sat next to him and had him face forward and he said that was better than going backward. He’s revealed a fear of heights this trip that I didn’t know he had. And it threw me off because he is my thrill seeker when it comes to rides. But he won’t come out on our fifth floor balcony because it makes him nervous and he did not like the Robinson Treehouse in MK yesterday. I kind of get it. I’m a lot like that too. Love fast rides…hate free falling or feeling like there is a potential to free fall.

2 Likes

Kids said it was! I may get in later in the week but it was nice to be able to post up at the bottom of the slide and watch everyone come down. I do like that pool for being able to keep up with the kids. I felt like I could always have an eye on everyone!

DD4 got a little…embarrassed or maybe felt like she got in trouble…her probably 7th or 8th time going down the slide she forgot to wait for the green light and went down right after DS. They practically came out at the same time and the lifeguard told them as soon as they surfaced to make sure they went one at a time. She looked like she was going to cry, came and sat down with me and did this the rest of the time.

I did manage to cheer her up a bit but she never did get back in even with DD10’s encouragement. Maybe tomorrow!

13 Likes

Oh! I hope she does go back in! She sounds like a sensitive kiddo. I can relate!

I went on the OKW slide ten times in one night in October. It was fantastic! You should definitely do it with the kids during your trip.

1 Like

Whew what a great day!!! I am beat and all four of the kids are out like a light.

We left our resort around 5 to head back to EP for our dinner. I forced the kids to stop and take some pictures with much moaning and whining but aren’t we cute?!?

Checked in at 5:43 for our 5:50 GG ADR. We’ve only ever had breakfast here before but I was so impressed with dinner! Dang it was delicious. I think the menu they have right now is still considered a holiday menu. Someone correct me if that’s wrong. But we had salad, rolls, prime rib, turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, stuffing and succotash along with cookies and angel food cake w/ berries and cream for dessert. It was all DELICIOUS. so very good. And the characters were still super fun even distanced! I think they came around three times.

After dinner we spent time riding some rides with pretty low wait times. We waited 5 minutes for LwtL, 18 for Soarin’, walked onto Figment and Nemo, explored the tanks for a bit and finished the night with Test Track which was posted at 50 but we only waited 23.

DD4 has been so easy and brave with rides today. First time on Soarin’ and TT and she handled them like a champ! Even if she said she didn’t like either of them when we got off!! For reference this is her our last trip…:sob:

After TT we walked back over to BW, grabbed our car and headed home. Gonna get everyone up dark and early tomorrow! Time to RISE people!!! :sunglasses::crossed_fingers:t3:

16 Likes

You guys are cute! Those pictures are fab.

1 Like

I feel this same way about heights. The actual sky diving, bungee part was amazing, but Ferris wheels scare me cuz they are so slow and wobbly!

1 Like

Love your pictures! Adorable family.

1 Like

Woke up late and everyone got ready at lightening speed! Use our A&C ADR for parking access and just made it. Being held. CM said temp check should open in 15 minutes or so. Our sights are on SDD.

Oh and I snagged this while my HR spiked from the stress!!

10 Likes

Happy little rope droppers! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Off Slinky at 8:29. Sent the big three up for a second ride. DD6 is DD7 this morning. :persevere: DD4 was NOT a fan.

9 Likes