Plans for last week in Jan 2020 trip

Hi all! I have learnt a lot from these boards and was wondering if you all could take a look at my plans for my trip at the end of the month.
It’s going to be me, dh, kids ages 1, 3, 6, and 8 and my mil will be joining us for part of the trip.
Plan:
1/25 Flying into mco late, dme to pop and crash
1/26 mk rd till 4:30ish, early night
1/27 ak rd-close w midday break
1/28 mk rd-close w midday break
1/29 hs rd-close w midday break vs rd-early evening
1/30 ep rd-close (am emh, if kids bombed take break at resort in afternoon and skip much of ws)
1/31 ak rd till 2ish, go offsite to visit friends till sat night
2/1 in evening check into cbr, pool vs Disney springs
2/2 hs rd till 4ish, dme to mco and home :frowning:
I will post links to my touring plans shortly

1/26 mk MK Day 1/2
1/27 ak AK Day 1/2
1/28 mk MK Day 2/2
1/29 hs HS Day 1/2
1/30 ep Epcot day 1/1
1/31 ak AK 2/2
2/2 hs Disney and Universal Touring Plans

We can’t see the plans. You have to “Publish” them. To do so, click on your plan. In the large gray box, at the top of the page & before all your activities, click Edit. A pop-up window will appear. You originally saw this when making the plan with dates & times. Right above the blue “Save” button you’ll see a check box next to “Publish this plan”. Check that and you’ll be taken back to the plan. Now in the large gray box, at the top, you’ll see a link that you can click / copy & paste.

We’ll be in the same parks on the same days for four of those! It’s almost like we were using the same information to make decisions. :wink:

I fixed the links
Thanks!

Lol! Which parks are we over-lapping?

These:

I’ll race you to Soarin’ on Thursday and Navi on Friday… :wink:

1 Like

Sounds cool!

I overlap on 1 day :laughing: I’m going for two weeks, the first week 3 family members joining have 6 day pass. So we are doing the parks Sun-Sat w/ break on Thursday. Much of this plan was due to booking at BBB for my niece & two Oga’s reservation made 6 months ago. EP, MK, AK, HS, break, HS, MK. The last two may change if they decide they want to repeat a different park. Since I have AP and can only book FP for 7 days, I have MK scheduled for the 6th as its my aunts birthday. The 3 family members staying two weeks have 9 day passes. Odds are the second week I may even go for a day two by myself :slight_smile: The advantage of the AP!

I usually have plenty of time at my desk job to look at plans, but today I actually had work to do… I’ll look at them this evening! :wink:

Where are you eating lunch at MK on your first day? Also you get a FPP for pirates for doing the pirates adventure so you might consider switching that to something else. I hate to tell you not to use a FPP on the Aladdin ride but I’m not sure it’s the best use. We’re you not able to get one for the Mickey meet and greet?

I’d consider adding a buffer of 10-15 minutes every 2 hours for bathroom breaks and time spent wandering around gift shops at the end of rides.

Fun plan overall, Epcot day looks pretty ambitious with 4 fairly young kids. All the rider switching can take some time.

Enjoy!

Bringing a packed lunch for the first day
We are doing the kids free dining w the deluxe plan mon-fri
The fpp are the way they are for Sunday bc right now only my husband and mil have tickets that are able to be used on Sunday- I have to get my and my kids tickets manually adjusted by guest services at the hotel Saturday night/Sunday am bc they are at attached to our room w the dining package starting Monday- I also won’t have fpp… (phone CMs have all said it should not be a problem as did the pop century people when I spoke w them)
I did the fpp as selected in case I have trouble w guest services adding our fpp to mimic my husband’s (mil are slightly off as she arrives a bit later in the day) it should be things I will be able to more or less pick up myself hopefully.
We are meeting Mickey first thing and will be in line prior to park opening as my 3yo will love this to start the trip (she is obsessed) and we have never done the main st vehicles so this makes sense from a walking perspective.
It may just be my luck, but every time we are at magic carpets, even in the morning, it’s like a 20min wait and I have no patience to wait for it.
The pirates fpp on the touring plan is the one from pirates adventure lol…
Your advice is spot on though (picks up on all the weirdness of the first day but as above- there are reasons for it)

The packed lunch at MK sounds great. A little picnic on Tom Sawyer’s island. Ah the first day fast passes make more sense then!

Hey! “Real Life” got to me as soon as I walked in the door from work. I’ll be on ASAP tomorrow morning.

Looks like @duffybear has given great advice. I’ll see if you make those changes before I get back.

I am flying in the same day as you and also going to the same parks the first 5 days! One thing I noticed in your plans for HS you have Muppets, but they just recently announced it will be closed for refurb.

Sure thnx!
I ether go online if I have downtime at work or after my kids are asleep- totally get it!

Thanks! I had heard but forgot to remove from my touring plan

EDIT - @Adinab

I’ve gone through each day. Sometimes, when I recommend a 10 minute break every 1.5 hours (2 hours max) ppl get defensive about having to do this. “I’m on vacation, I don’t need to schedule when I pee!” These breaks do cover that, but they are also little “buffers” for when your plan gets behind. I’ve been using TP since 2012. “Real Life” happens, even at WDW. People get distracted by all the Magic, rides breakdown and etc…

I say all this because most of my critique is you need breaks.

Also, as I mentioned, IMHO your CS times are too low. How are you “including riding twice” with only 1 ride duration in your plan? I understand you can zip right back on the attraction, but it’s not immediate and the ride still takes “X” minutes to complete each time.

Finally, you have caught the Muppets issue, Personally, I wouldn’t wait until after 9:30am to go to sign-ups for Jedi Academy. It can be pretty busy and fill up early. If this is really important someone should go over there and RD it.

I suggest you tinker fitting in some 10 minute breaks, adjust your CS durations and think about getting Jedi Training sign-up earlier. Once you have that, let us know and I’m happy to look at it again

1 Like

If Jedi training is a “must do”, obviously sign up ASAP. But my understanding is the demand is much lower than it once was.

We went to sign up at 9:30am on Tue 1/7. Everything from 11am on was available.

2 Likes