I have been diligently following the Tracking Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure opening times thread, and have been working on my plans for our UOR day at the end of January. The overall plan for the day is to do all things Potter, adding in the “Not To Be Missed” attractions in each park. I have come up with two strategies to do this, as follows.
- Start in USF, complete all desired attractions, and then take the Hogwarts Express to IOA. Complete all desired attractions there, take the HE back to USF, and then leave the park.
- Advantages: Hits the 1:00 “sweet spot” of up-time/lines at Hagrid’s.
- Disadvantages: Longer wait at Hagrid’s, potentially soggy ride back on HE if we do any water rides at IOA.
- Start in IOA, RD Hagrid’s, and then take the HE to USF. Complete all desired attractions there, take the HE back to IOA. Complete remaining attractions there and then leave park.
- Advantages: Potentially shorter wait at Hagrid’s, no soggy ride on HE.
- Disadvantages: Gambling that Hagrid’s will be up at RD, DW does not like to “walk with purpose” so there will be a lot of complaining about RD
My current thinking is that Strategy 2 is the better option, as it gives us a chance to get a short wait time, and if Hagrid’s does not appear to be up at RD we can just head to the HE and pick up Hagrid’s later in the day. That would mean some lost time, but the gamble may be worth it.
Anyone with recent experience have any thoughts on this? Is there a third option that I have overlooked?