Phase 2 of VGF declared

Agreed.

And if it is a murphy bed rather than a pull-out, then I consider that equivalent to a bed.

1 Like

Both types of studios are the same number of points.

3 Likes

Shouldnā€™t but it is. @Nicky_S is right.

VGF-2023.1.pdf (88.1 KB)

ETA - I hope the rest of you are right that thereā€™s a good split on preference!

1 Like

Gross.

1 Like

Totally agree. And agree they should have put in Murphy beds. We wonā€™t book without a kitchenette. The fridge space and toaster make a huge difference (not that I own at GF).

1 Like

The incentives for Phase 2 have them basically at resale prices. I think iā€™m seriously considering getting some points just to be a direct member. Someone talk me out of it lol.

Ha! I was just doing my $207x50= calculation but I am outā€¦I know I just donā€™t need it.

Will you be happy with those point charts and resort rooms ? If yes- most likely you can sell it for a profit soon. Would you buy 150 points? Could you break it up to two 75 point contracts?

1 Like

I would most likely buy 150 so I can be direct. Right now iā€™m a resale member at BLT. Do you think it would sell for a profit later? its coming out to $201 per point direct from disney.

1 Like

Also, i feel like i would be renting them out every other year. I only go to Disney annually for one week, and my other contract covers that.

1 Like

Resale was $185 recently so yes, I think you would be able to seek for a profit in a few years. Consider splitting it to the two contracts?

1 Like

I wonder if that would make my cost higher with two closing costs. I will email and ask the sales agent.

Throwing out options ā€“ Riviera after incentives at 150 points comes to $193 per point. Also, if it matters to you, the Riviera has a longer contract by 6 years.
We were looking to add on at BC resale, but our contracts kept getting taken by Disney in ROFR. After much deliberation, we ended up adding on at Riviera instead.

I dont like the resale restrictions of Riviera, otherwise its such a beautiful resort!

1 Like

For sure itā€™s only worth owning there if you plan on it being a long term relationship. The resale restrictions suck rocks. We never plan on selling, and we absolutely love it there, so it works for us.

Restrictions and a monorail resort with a walking path to MK!

1 Like

I was thinking how this pricing for VGF is close to some resales, and not far off from some other direct resorts.

1 Like

Interesting to me that they did not put any restrictions on this - I guess because itā€™s part of the existing VGF they couldnā€™t?

1 Like

Yes. The abbreviation VGF2 has stuck but really itā€™s just VGF. Exactly the same terms as VGF, so they couldnā€™t place restrictions on it.

1 Like

Hmmmm. If you buy 2 75 pt contracts to get status and then sell 1 do you keep status? If I could turn a relatively quick profit and keep status that might not be a bad idea.

1 Like

To keep your status you must keep the minimum number of points that qualified at the time you bought the points that youā€™re keeping.

So if you bought 100 points at Bay Lake back when the minimum was 100 points, you qualify for a blue card. If you now buy 100 points at VGF and sell BLT you will no longer qualify for a blue card. You only have 100 points when the minimum now is 150 points.

But if you had bought 100 points at Bay Lake and qualified for a blue card and added on 275 at VGF to flip, you would still keep your blue card, since that BLT contract still qualifies.

3 Likes