Perfect is the enemy of the Good Trip Report

Well. Original plan was centered around Disney Institute session and DVC Moonlight Magic. Decision further supported by COVID closedowns so I’m losing DVC points in a couple of months. Then DD is home from college so we could re-visit our mom-daughter trips.

Then – you have been living 2020 so you know – sxxx happens

Disney Institute delayed.
Moonlight Magic cancelled
DD not comfortable with COVID travel

So, rational decision process – cancel the trip because the reasons for the trip are gone.

But, No!!!

I leave tomorrow. I’d lose the DVC points, I have an AP so that is free/paid for (did someone say 30% discount on merch?!), I have airline points that will expire (did I mention I got a comp upgrade to first class?), I have TiW so 20% off any TS and lounge explorations.

And I am just happy to have a week-is away. I will be careful, I will wear masks, Disney seems to be doing well.

I’m staying at Beach Club with DVC points, which never happens as a non-home resort DVC person. I’m doing Epcot and HS those days to be able to walk to the parks. I get to experience Stormalong Bay.

I’m then staying on DVC points at WL/CC which is our new home resort – we bought last year but because of all the (blech) have not used them, so use or Lose and I’m using!

I usually go solo to runDisney, but DD is not on board with travel under current circumstances, no I have No Excuses. Its just me, its just getting away. Its just seeing what there is. I make no promises, I’m not @Randall1028. I will share what I have and what I see. :slight_smile:

56 Likes

I mean, really…is it even worth reading a trip report any longer without achievement badges?

Just kidding. Looking forward to whatever you decide to report!

6 Likes

Hope you have a fab time @DumboRunner. Looking forward to seeing it all through your eyes.

7 Likes

I’m so excited you are going on this trip!

5 Likes

Yaaaasssss!!! I love your trip reports. Looking forward to your visit. Safe travels!!

3 Likes

You’ll have a great time! Excited to hear all about it!

3 Likes

At first I thought you were cancelling! But no - you’re off to the World! Yay! Have all the good times.

6 Likes

Sounds like the perfect recipe for a crazy fun solo trip. Looking forward to following along!

5 Likes

Have a ton of fun!

3 Likes

Wonderful!! Can’t wait to follow along!

2 Likes

safe travels! have a lovely trip!

1 Like

So glad you are going!!! :grinning:

1 Like

Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

1 Like

Glad you decided to come. Although it is different being in the bubble again will be good for your soul. Have a great time.

1 Like

Safe travels! Have all the fun!

2 Likes

I am so excited to follow along on your trip! Have the best time.

PS: Wish I were there with you.

3 Likes

Safe travels! I’m so excited for you. Have a wonderful time :heart:

2 Likes

Me too!!

3 Likes

so far i don’t have much to add to others’ departures day reports. airport is eerily empty, TSA was walk thru, mask compliance mostly good but i’ve moved twice already because i was sitting near people who have them off. I kind of expected better but i’ll just keep wearing mine and move away when i am able

and now i just got a text that the departure gate has changed —- which will be a nice excuse to go for a walk, i guess!

17 Likes

What time do you fly?