Peppa Pig Theme Park coming to Legoland in 2022

Complete with Muddy Puddles

The popular British children’s cartoon character is teaming up with Legoland Florida Resort for a stand-alone Peppa Pig Theme Park, set to open in 2022. It will include rides, interactive attractions, water play areas and live shows. Of course there also will be a chance to meet Peppa and her famous family and friends.

The roughly 4.5-acre theme park will be located steps away from Legoland in an area currently used as a parking lot. Rides and details on attractions will be announced this summer, but we do know there will be an area where children can frolic in muddy puddles just like Peppa

2 Likes

My kids would love this! Though, as a separate park, it strikes me as a money grab…

I love Peppa though. One of the few children’s programs that hasn’t irritated the crap out of me after 4 kids. (I also really love Bluey. Cartoon animals with accents. :+1:)

2 Likes

One thing that does bother me is the way their eyes are on one side of the face and the jump over to the other side when they turn their heads. Or do they have two sets of eyes.

2 Likes

We LOVED Peppa when my kids were small.

“Helloooooooooo Peppa!”
One of our cats is called Pepper, and we often greet her in this fashion. My kids would have loved having the chance to go to Peppa Pig land

3 Likes

:rofl:

and she acquired two additional nostrils too, huh? :slight_smile:

:joy::joy::joy:

The one thing I’ll say is that I like the original Peppa voice better than the later one(s). She has this adorable raspy quality to it.

1 Like

When Peppa and her classmates go on a school trip to the zoo, what’s in the cages???

1 Like

I’m genuinely surprised Peppa is successful in the US. You already have so many great kids TV shows.
Kids were big fans. Me, not so much :sleeping:

2 Likes

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeople.

(like Soylent Green)

2 Likes

I would say British / Australian accents are enough but that doesn’t help me like Thomas the Tank Engine, Teletubbies, or Wiggles. There’s just something endearing about Peppa.

2 Likes

I didn’t know that Peppa Pig was so popular

From the CNBC Story about this:

It was the top-streamed kids show last year and Hasbro’s No. 1 licensed franchise, selling more than $1 billion in merchandise.

2 Likes

I have six kids and I am today year’s old to know this is a thing. Now that I see this, I realize I’ve seen merchandise, but I’ve never thought anything of it.

1 Like

Even the Ringo days??

Thomas the Tank Engine is retro and nostalgic.

Thomas and Friends is rubbish!

2 Likes

My boys were moderate Thomas fans. I was ok with Ringo, but Alec was a hard pass. I just gave all their Thomas books to a little boy at church, but I kept all the trains. I will have grandbabies someday, I hope, and they are a fabulous toy. My girls found them during the pandemic’s early months and the boys helped them make ginomous tracks.

(Can you believe I know names today??) :wink:

4 Likes

I’m impressed :rofl::rofl::+1:t2:

1 Like

He is the best part of the franchise, but honestly the trains creep me out a little. :joy:

1 Like

In a nostalgic sense that’s true, but nowadays this is the best part of the franchise…

1 Like

I still have all of DS’s Thomas trains, too. But I’m a bit rusty on the names.

1 Like

My kids are way beyond the Peppa Pig age (DD23 and DS20). But DD has a stuffed pig, Rosie, that the kids still play pretend with. And in imaginary land, Rosie loves to watch Peppa Pig. If a device is missing when the kids are home, it’s with Rosie and she is watching Peppa Pig! I just forwarded the link to them. I can imagine the text messages that will be going around about Rosie wanting to go to Legoland!

1 Like