Peppa Pig Theme Park coming to Legoland in 2022

DD is now 16 and way past her Peppa Pig viewing days but she told me she would love to go to the new park when it opens,

Also, Google keeps providing large amount of riches about Peppa Pig.

Peppa and family will be coming to America next week.

2 Likes

There are always worse things

3 Likes

When my kids were small I could not get party stuff here in the US for their birthdays

I nearly ordered it from the UK but it was over the top expensive and we were rubbing pennies back in those days.

This is very exciting! My kids also like Peppa. But we are 1000% in Bluey mania right now! As in we cook breaky and they put trash in the wheelie bins. Thankfully the show is absolutely hilarious. Now the US needs to step up the merch. We have many Peppa toys but like a single Bluey plush!

1 Like

I watched the good old Shining Time Railroad show! Loved it. But I also really like Thomas and Friends! The music is my favorite. And we have a local, VERY well done Thomasland themepark. Now there is an even newer incarnation of Thomas and Friends Big World Adventures that I think is also incredible. It really impresses me how they come up with engines that represent different nations so well. I wish my kids liked it more.

1 Like

One of my kiddos a few years ago when I was teaching kids exclusively on the Autism spectrum was ALL ABOUT Peppa. Like, she would come in speaking in a British accent and recounting the events of the previous night’s episode.

3 Likes

Raising this thread from the dead… Florida gets all the fun. I need to just move there before it’s unaffordable like the west coast.

1 Like

Maybe we need to start the ZTOTW award (Zombie Thread of the Week)

1 Like

Lol I wonder if this is even still happening!

American kids like Peppa so much, they are starting to talk like her

Peppa Pig, a Pandemic Favorite, Has American Children Acting British - WSJ

Sorry, WSJ articles are behind a paywall but you can get the drift.

3 Likes

Hallowh Peppah!

Love that pig.

Often greet my cat (Pepper) this way owing to knowing that pig so well.

1 Like

So my 6 year old still says asks about when we are going on “holiday” instead of vacation. And she also says “straight away” instead of right away.

2 Likes

My kids talk like this but it’s thanks to Bluey now, not Peppa!

1 Like

I love Bluey, too! (I mean … my kids do, lol.) The Australian accent is a little harder to mimic but it is so cute to hear kids talk like that. When I read Peppa books to my kids, I always try to sound like the narrator in the show, accent and all.

1 Like

There is not much I can say I truly miss from when my kids were small, and to be sure there were some nights I just didn’t feel up to it, but I dearly miss reading to them and putting on all the voices :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

There was one series we read - Skippyjon Jones - and I loved putting on my very best Spanish accent.

2 Likes

I discovered it’s possible to sleep read during camping trips with our two youngest grandkids. Two chapters of the current Hank the Cowdog every night. “Whaddya mean I already read this?!?” And, puzzled, “Did I sound normal???”

@Jeff_AZ - have your kids found Phineas and Ferb? My grandniece loved them. Great grandkids have been a bit slow tho the 10 yr old is warming up.

1 Like

“AAAACHOO PICHU!!”

1 Like

Holy frijoles!

The dude just wants his beans.

I’ll have to recommend it on Disney+. My wife loved it (her younger siblings watched it - I was a little too old for it when it originally aired).

1 Like

One of the kiddos in my class a few years ago would come in talking like Peppa every day. Had challenges counting to 10 but could execute a perfect British accent.