People Mover to open 1/10/21 NOW 4/4

Well have to wait: May 2022… feels like it’s so far away

2 Likes

It’s always fun…to the one’s doing the torturing. :smiley:

1 Like

oh dear… that is a bit far off, but it means that you have better chance of PM being up and running again :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s not too fast, not too slow. The seats face each other so you have the option of side by side or spreading out.

You aren’t forced with others outside your party (mostly).

It’s cooler, both with the mists at loading/unloading. Moving in and out of buildings, plus the wind as you’re moving provide a respite from the humidity.

Seeing people from up top is really cool too. It’s a way to people watch without being too involved for too long.

It’s also one of my favorite ways to watch the fireworks without having to deal with people in my personal bubble.

Lastly, it’s a reminder of the vision Walt had for Epcot.

It’s a top 5 attraction for me personally, and my all time favorite to do with the family, narrowly beating out second place Spaceship Earth due to the fact I I always ride alone on SE. My DS ALWAYS rides with DH.

8 Likes

I was thinking about this yesterday.

Most of the rides or attractions that are my tops/must do are not IP-based but true originals

Peoplemover
HM
CoP
Soarin
Safari

4 Likes

Hmm,
Mine are
SM
BTMR
IASW
People mover
and soarin

also splash mountain, though I missed it last trip!

2 Likes

Are we gonna do this? (well, I am lol)

My top 5:

Splash Mountain
Tower of Terror
Expedition Everest
Rise of the Resistance (I presume)
Soarin’

Of these, 3 are originals, 1 is based on unused IP, and only one is purely current IP.

For me, kinetics (e.g., audioanimatronics), thrill, music, and story are the key.

2 Likes

When I was too short to go on SM, but really wanted to ride it, my parents took me on the people mover to appease me because you could see inside. It was good enough for me, I was so amazed! My kids have never been on the people mover because it has been down every time we go! It makes me sad. They are all tall enough for SM now, so I’m not sure they’ll be as amazed by it as I was. They’ll probably give it the usual teenager snub

2 Likes

Mine:

PotC
BTMR
Test Track
PM
HM

Hmmm … no IP (or at least the ride came before the IP).

1 Like

Our must do:
HM
PM
Safari
*RotR
PotC
This is hard

1 Like

Splash
HM
ToT
FoP
RotR (maybe, need 2nd ride to confirm, if not then probably EE)

2 Likes

In my mind I was making lists including, but not limited to solo vs family, night vs day, private party vs oh my goodness everyone on the planet is in MK right this second, WDW vs DLR. Summer vs Winter etc.

There may have been a couple more but my head is starting to hurt after trying to figure out park reservations with unstable park data and no released hours to date.

1 Like

Top in WDW generally are:

HM
Pirates
People Mover
Spaceship Earth
Safari on the rare chance I get the boys to agree to go to AK. I may start doing it without them.
/coughsmallworld/cough
The Mountain Achievement
3 Caballeros
CoP…I just keep adding. Not cool.

1 Like

Every time I see an update to this thread my heart leaps with hope. They HAVE TO fix it—it’s my favorite ride!

True story: my great-grandma once accidentally rode Space Mountain one time, thinking she was getting on the PeopleMover. Apparently she got some strange looks, as a solo, nearly or actually 80-something year old little old lady. The story goes that she got off and was like, I do not think that was the peaceful ride I meant to go on. :joy: She was an awesome lady; lived to 97 and loved a beer “with a good head on it.”

7 Likes

She sounds like she was a very awesome lady! :heart::yellow_heart::green_heart:

3 Likes

My daughter loves this ride. I thought she was the only one!

2 Likes

It’s my all time favorite to escape the humidity, believe it or not. The perfect hidden attraction that lets me sit and cool down for 5 minutes while I marvel at the set design.

1 Like

It’s my “reset button” when I’m too hot/tired/cranky.

The Terrible Sound We Were So Happy to Hear in Disney World Today | the disney food blog

opening back up 4/4?

we saw it running, empty, on Mon 3/22

2 Likes

It would be painfully ironic if they were ready to open because they finally got the ride working, only to have to close it longer because they neglected the moving walkways!

1 Like