People Mover to open 1/10/21 NOW 4/4

Welp…i will be there is april and crossing my fingers that it will be open at that point. If not I am buying any and all peoplemover merch I can find. Just in case :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Good plan. I feel like every time I plan a trip, the opening date for it gets moved further out.

I hold out hope, they will not let this classic die

2 Likes

Me too! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Me three!

2 Likes

:pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

nope, I’m going in april and its been “extended” each time I’ve gone…

1 Like

My last day is April 5 at MK…Peoplemover is my favorite ride…so fingers crossed big time for April 4. I also saw that the castle is getting some work done on it, so if that’s not normal during our trip I will be super bummed. (But obviously so happy to get to go regardless!)

1 Like

OK after seeing all of the comments here, I am seriously going to have to ride this attraction.

1 Like

…what…? You’ve never been on the PM? It’s just a lovely respite :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes! This!

It is a weird love I have (and others as well) with PM. It is hardly an exciting ride. But it is a relaxing ~10 minutes of taking a tour around Tomorrowland from up above, with opportunities to see inside the attractions there, with a little bit of kitsch thrown in for good measure.

4 Likes

and for those afraid of SM you can see it w/o riding it :wink: It’s kinda’ cool looking at the cars racing around the track.

1 Like

When I was a kid, first time on PM, I thought I had been tricked when we started to go into Space Mountain. (It didn’t help that my brothers were TELLING me that I had been tricked.) I thought we were actually going into SM to RIDE it…so as we entered the darkness, I freaked out a little inside! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

haha… your brothers… this isn’t the first big brother torture story you’ve shared :rofl:

1 Like

When I was a kid - like 10 - my sister and I went with my mom, my grandmother, and her best friend who we also called nana.

We took them on the Peoplemover and when we went into the tunnel my mom told my grandmother, “here we go! space mountain!” and she freaked out LOL

It’s a fun memory

8 Likes

I think I rode it as a child but don’t have a concrete recollection.
I’ve been to WDW twice as an adult and never ridden it.

Now the skyway, I recall riding that.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:
When I was a kid I begged and begged and I finally convinced my mom to take me on SM (she HATED roller coasters) and years later she confessed that she kept her eyes closed the whole time. But I got to go :wink: on SM.

1 Like

I miss the skyway!!! :heart_eyes:
the skyliner is kinda’ a replacement :thinking:

3 Likes

OK so riding the PM is on the To Do List
Riding PM AND convincing DD7 that we’re going SM is definitely on the To Do list!

2 Likes

Nice! Report back!