Passholder hopping

So my understanding was the APs still need park reservations most of the time, but now hopping is open to everyone at all times.

Yesterday, they released news of their latest AP magnet design and distribution, which came with these details:

Can that be right? No hop to EPCOT until 2 pm?

3 Likes

Currently, yes. APs can only hop after 2 pm still.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s true.

Hopping restrictions are gone for all AFAIK

I’m pretty sure my DH, who was just there, hopped much earlier than 2p

I will verify with him.

I think we have another live trip in progress that just confirmed they hopped this morning

7 Likes

There was discussion about it on the forums…but maybe it has changed since that discussion?

2 Likes

Maybe this was the discussion…from the Disney AP website:

So…that makes it sound like EITHER if you didn’t make ANY theme park reservation, you can still enter a park after 2 pm…OR, it means that you can visit the park you reserved, but to hop to any other park, you have to wait until 2. I could interpret it either way, I guess.

4 Likes

Aha! You’re right. I found the details on a sub-page:

3 Likes

You absolutely have to tap in where you have a ressie first

But you can then turn right around and go somewhere else. At least that’s what I’ve understood the case to be, from discussions as well as what I’ve heard on podcasts.

I think the screen shot in the OP is old verbiage that Disney didn’t edit up correctly.

Please hold… awaiting confirmation of what I thought I have heard :wink:

6 Likes

I hope that’s the case. But Disney literally released that particular statement just yesterday in the context of the new magnet. Stopped me cold because I’m headed down this weekend.

2 Likes

https://forum.touringplans.com/t/the-uncensored-thread-part-14/97624/6402?u=obnursenh

2 Likes

Confirmed - you can hop whenever you like

Poor editing by Disney. Wouldn’t be the first time

7 Likes

I think the wording means that on a non “good to go” day (so a day you need an APR) AP’s can still enter any park after 2:00 without an APR. Unless it is MK on the weekend :wink:

See it’s all clear as gravy! :goat:

7 Likes

Thanks, all. I guess I mis-read and panicked a bit. I don’t necessarily mind making APRs. I’m an out of town AP, so I am planning ahead anyway. It’s just seems more confusing than ever!

4 Likes

DH has confirmed that he hopped as early as 11am. It was NOT a good-to-go day, just in case that’s in question

6 Likes

I think I read somewhere that AP’s are free to hop anytime after the first park.

I guess I’ll find out next month!

4 Likes

Yay!!

4 Likes

I’ll try to simplify it.

Good to go day
Just wake up and go to any park and then hop whenever you want

Not a Good to go day
Make an APR for a park you want to start in. After you tap in hop wherever you want
Not a Good to go day but it’s after 2:00 pm
Just go to whatever park you want. Then hop if you want.
Unless it’s a weekend and you want to go to MK
Then you need an APR for MK no matter what time it is

I have a feeling there won’t be any “Good to go” days on the weekends anyway so no need to worry about that last bit :smiley:

8 Likes

Has Disney actually released when Good to go days will be? As far as I’m aware, they haven’t yet.

2 Likes

They are on the calendar, I’ll try to link it. Hang on

3 Likes

This is so convoluted

5 Likes

The circled dates are good to go

You can also click on view all dates and get a list

2 Likes