ParkRanger’s Too-Long-Since-My-Last-Trip Trip Report

Get it!

I came very close to buying this:

7 Likes

Love the spreadsheet! It is one of my avorite parts of planning a trip to WDW. Looks like you ladies had a blast.

3 Likes

What an awesome HS evening! I am planning a day like this where we sleep in and head to HS around 4 pm. Which attraction did you book first at 7?

1 Like

Slinky. I think I followed the suggested order:

1. Slinky Dog Dash
  2. Millennium Falcon
  3. Rock ’n’ Roller Coaster
  4. Runaway Railway
  5. Tower of Terror
  6. Toy Story Mania

I might have done better to have gone for Tower of Terror earlier (maybe 2nd). We didn’t get a LL for it this day—they were sold out by the time we tried for it. We ended up doing ToT a different day, only once, but would’ve liked to have done it at least twice during our 7 park days.

2 Likes

Nooooooo. Really?! I dont even know what to say about this! I cannot imagine that ride producing a meh. An “omg never again” or a “holy sh!t that was amazing” feeling, but not a meh. Hmm.

2 Likes

Recently this has moved up in the priorities that I post in the Genie+ thread based on it running out sooner than it used to relative to other attractions. But it’s tight between 3-4 heavy hitters. I think people should choose based on what they want to ride most.

Expectations should be that you’ll get 2-3 of the 5 most popular rides (SDD, MFSR, MMRR, ToT, and RnRC) and then be happy if you get a LL for more than 3.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say meh! But some rides are thrilling without being particularly pleasurable, for me. Hulk is an extreme example of that. I found VelociCoaster thrilling in terms of excitement, but less so in terms of pure giggly fun.

I’ll ride it again someday, and maybe like it better, now that my expectations are lower. (That seems to be the common theme for this trip.)

1 Like

Ok i get it now. That makes a ton of sense.

2 Likes

And how do you feel about VelociCoaster?

Clearly she loves it

1 Like

I find that second acceleration to be unexpected and fun.

3 Likes

One of the core memories of my childhood is riding the Anaconda (a coaster with 6 inversions at kings dominion in VA) 7x with my Uncle Tiny (who is not at all tiny). I have absolutely adored coasters ever since and have zero fear. Been skydiving, paragliding, etc.

I was freaked OUT on that ride. I was at a conference party when i rode and couldve ridden as many times as i wanted with no wait, but my body couldnt do it again. I totally get the spontaneous clapping people do at the end of the ride.

It is the pinnacle of thrill IMO. I also loved that i didnt have an instant headache afterwards (i wouldnt ride anaconda these days if u paid me). I also am a huge JP fan and those kitchen-door-opening raptors (let’s just leave chris pratt NOT an alpha out of this a moment) deserve their own attraction. I wore my “clever girl” tshirt to ride :rofl:

2 Likes

This sounds like a Southern thing.

2 Likes

That IS a great element!

Very. I dont know if he got it in the southern mississippi high school football where the coach could punch you in the face, nbd, or in the motorcycle gang.

4 Likes

My yardstick for coasters is Apollo’s Chariot at Busch Gardens—very similar to Nitro at Six Flags. It’s the airtime that brings the fun for me, rather than twists and inversions.

2 Likes

Yes!!! Love that ride. I live about an hour from williamsburg

2 Likes

The notorious crickets.

It was pretty dark in La Cava or I probably wouldn’t have eaten one.

6 Likes

Loved the Loch Ness Monster at BG back in the day. It was really my first fav as a roller coaster. Big Bad Wolf was kind of cool as well.

1 Like

That is just a hard no for me. We used to watch the Amazing Race, and my daughter would say, “We could go on together, mom, but you have to eat the gross stuff!” Well, we’d never make it even one week in that case!

4 Likes