ParkRanger’s Too-Long-Since-My-Last-Trip Trip Report

Oh, I liked it, I just didn’t love it. Expectations are everything!

ETA: And I meant that shoutout to you as a gentle poke. :wink: It’s not your job to set my expectations properly!

4 Likes

Loved the structure of your trip report!!

And the content!

Thanks for sharing your tips.

:blush:

eta: that tea cup is awesome . . .

7 Likes

I love everything about your trip report (except your underwhelmed response to RotR … but we all have our unique tastes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) Your multiple rides on Hagrid and RNRC speak to my soul. :joy:

Also glad Genie+ worked well for you. That HS lineup is dynamite! Can’t believe you got four of the biggest Genie+ attractions in one day.

Sounds like a great time. I can’t believe you went 16(?) years between visits to WDW! But glad you came back. Do you have another trip in the books yet? Maybe when Tron is open?

4 Likes

Edited my original post to add an important Lowlight: the missing of Expedition Everest, my fave Disney ride.

3 Likes

Wasn’t it five? Or is one of those considered a lesser attraction?

The only thing we couldn’t get that day was Tower of Terror. We rode it a different day, but would’ve liked to have done it twice. (I’m greedy.)

1 Like

My problem is not enough Disney World aficionados in my life to go as frequently as I might like. And I don’t think I’m the solo-trip type.

It won’t be 16 years till the next one, though.

4 Likes

I gotta know… did you velocicoaster? I am assuming you skipped it because you cant ride it and then not talk about it, whether you thought you were going to die and hated it or thought you were going to die and loved it.

10 Likes

Well it’s a good thing you’ve got all of us :wink:

7 Likes

need to know… is the coconut flavor strong? i’ve seen this on the menu and like everything about it—except coconut. this is the first time someone has mentioned it in a trip report.

and thanks for sharing your trip!

4 Likes

Love the teacups mug!!

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I consider TSM next after the top 5. So maybe I should have put it, “4 of the top 5 Genie+ attractions.”

2 Likes

Love the trip report and I loved that dessert at Sanaa too. Definitely not overreacting.

Also I think you win for most random yet awesome additional observation regarding your shoes :rofl:

5 Likes

We did ride VelociCoaster! (Well, 2/3 of us did—my daughter chickened out.)

Again, expectations were the enemy. From what I’d heard, I thought it would be the funnest roller coaster of my life. It wasn’t even in the top 5. I really just like gravity coasters. The metal monsters don’t do it for me—they don’t have the same swoosh factor.

No joke! I’m keeping tabs on those Touring Plans trips.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s overpoweringly strong, but I love coconut so I don’t know how to answer this. Maybe the kitchen would send out a spoonful for you to taste before ordering?

(And remember, the hostess loves it and she doesn’t like coconut.)

2 Likes

Love that teacup mug! My husband has seen it twice and wanted to buy it but always talks himself out of it. I think I’ll buy it on my next trip.

5 Likes

Get it!

I came very close to buying this:

7 Likes

Love the spreadsheet! It is one of my avorite parts of planning a trip to WDW. Looks like you ladies had a blast.

3 Likes

What an awesome HS evening! I am planning a day like this where we sleep in and head to HS around 4 pm. Which attraction did you book first at 7?

1 Like