Park Reservation System thread

I seem to meet that guy Murphy all the time not a big fan of his law, lol, I know what you mean.

1 Like

I bought tickets for January last Friday and they gave me the option of park hopper but you still had to do the APR with only one park. I presume (like others have mentioned), they’re hoping hopping will be a thing again but are hedging with the one park-only APR.

Well I did it already, 4 day tickets purchased and park pass days confirmed for 2021. :grinning:
March 1: Epcot
March 3: HS
March 4: AK
March 6: MK
(mixing in 3 days at Universal)
Now I can stop thinking about it and get on with my life, haha :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve read the original posts and some info here and there, but I’m still a bit lost about the park reservations or more importantly, deciding what to do.

I have a room only reservation for jan 6th-11th and want to keep my options open as long as possible - if the situation is still difficult and there are major restrictions etc I want to be able to pull the plug on the whole trip. How long is it wise to wait in terms of still getting access to the parks? Does it make sense to think that I have time at least until more popular dates start going and then make up my mind?

There is no rush at all if you are having second thoughts. I would keep a close eye on December park availability, when days start becoming unavailable around Christmas. Who knows, you may have at least a few months yet until you are forced to make a decision. Another scenario, although unlikely is WDW would allow near full capacity in January if conditions turn out better than thought.

2 Likes

This is a question that, at present, is unanswerable. Parks are showing availability on every day going forward after mid-July. However, it is not known if that availability will continue to be there. If you have tickets, I would just go ahead and make the park ressies. If you don’t, I would consider getting them; if you don’t use them at the time of your visit they can be used toward a future visit ticket purchase when you are ready.

2 Likes

One thing to bear in mind.

That is the start of the Marathon weekend, (Jan 6th - 10th) so it could actually book out quite quickly once people start booking rooms to stay for the races.

Are you trying not to buy tickets yet? You won’t lose the value of the tickets if you buy, although I can see why you wouldn’t want to fork out for them if you end up cancelling.

2 Likes

For anyone in need of an annual pass:

I just got off the phone and the CM I spoke with thinks APs will become available again at the same time as 2020 tickets. Her best guess was sometime within the next 2 weeks. Disney needs time to let those with existing tickets book so that they can figure out how many more tickets to sell.

5 Likes

That’s good news for most people, and I hope they can get the park reservations they want. I had heard possibly as soon as this week.

I feel very sorry for people with resort reservations from July 11th who still need tickets though. Hopefully they have rebooked. I feel even worse for those trying to use expiring DVC points who may face a “resort only stay” vs “lose points” decision.

That would be great!!

Yes. There are definitely people in a worse situation than me! I would hate to be in that kind of limbo.

Passholder Previews just went Live! I know most of us travel to Orlando, but if you are local or just wanting to go…

MK & AK on 7/9 and 7/10

Direct link

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/verify/

You can also check your e-mail…

1 Like

I am in a similar situation as you.

• I have rooms booked for for a similar time that I can cancel without penalty.
  • I have flights that I can’t cancel, but have the ability to apply the spend towards a future flight.
  • I have a runDisney bib secured and paid for. I am hoping the races will go forward, but that is the key item that everything hinges on. If the race is cancelled or turns into a virtual event, then my assumption is that FL is in pretty rough shape. It will be the last place I want to be in at that time and will cancel my trip.

As mentioned by @bebe80, I am watching the park reservation calendar closely. Certain factors for me will trigger the commitment on tickets:

• If some of the more popular days start to fill up around Christmas and the runDisney Marathon Weekend.
  • If more details around park hopping become available later in the year, that will give me more clarity on the type of ticket I will get.
  • If Disney makes the Canadian Resident offer on park tickets, then I will buy them directly from Disney. This deal is typically better than any 3rd-party ticket vendor and you have the added benefit of moving the tickets around.

The wise @OBNurseNH said it succinctly: “at present, is unanswerable”.

Welcome to the chaotic world of the COVID pandemic. We need the people of FL to get their house in order and work towards controlling and reducing the spread.

3 Likes

This!

5 Likes

I should also have added a third category, those who have DVC rentals and don’t yet have tickets.

2 Likes

Event is now full.

Congrats to anyone who got in, do we have any happy liners?

2 Likes

Yea I’m trying to avoid buying tickets yet and also making day/park specific plans until a bit later. If I were to cancel, it would most likely be a long time until we are back.

I will hold off for a bit but as soon as any dec dates start showing change, I will move ahead

Thank you for the thoughts, also @bebe80 @OBNurseNH

2 Likes

Thanks for the point of view!

So far everything related to our trip is possible to cancel and I want to keep it so for a bit, but I’ll keep an eye on the calendars and updates

Is anyone trying to book hotels for 2021 noticing limited availability? I tried to book Animal Kingdom Lodge and Contemporary Resort for June for a night each and they both had only very limited options. I had to book a Deluxe villa at Kidani and a Bay Lake view at Contemporary. Are only DVC rooms available right now at those resorts? Will I be able to book regular rooms later?

I have not tried booking much in 2021 yet but did notice some limited availability that wouldn’t jive with ressies just having opened.

I’m sure they are holding some inventory back as a wait and see stop-gap rather than having this whole mess to untangle again. I would keep checking, especially as things move forward and you notice more things and resorts open.

1 Like

The all start aren’t available at all - which makes me think that, in general, they are not allowing full availability.

1 Like