Park Reservation System thread

I am pretty sure I read that there is no availability for booking in 2021 for the resorts that have not yet announced thier reopening date. All stars would be one along with POR and POFQ.

3 Likes

Yes this is true

1 Like

I find it curious that HS on July 18th is now open to resort guests again, after previously showing it was unavailable. Park res for AP holders are still booked at all parks that day.

If their goal is to maximize overall attendance within the confines of limited capacity, why offer more HS reservations to resort guests who have 3 other park options instead of AP who have none?

Maybe theyā€™re trying to encourage more resort reservations.

Or maybe a significant number of resort guests just changed their mind about HS that day.

Or maybe they made some material change at HS that supports an increase in capacity.

Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™m not advocating for packing the parks to their limits, just curious if others think Disney is already tinkering with park capacities. I suppose that at a minimum, if you didnā€™t get the park reservation you initially wanted, it would be worth your while to check back later to see if the date opens back up for you.

Plans change?

My first thought is they are constantly tweaking the numbers to try and make sure they can satisfy the number of guests they have currently booked in hotels in a safe manner. I am pretty sure there will be a few upset people that are booked, have tickets, but cannot get into a park.

1 Like

I am not surprised there is some trial and error here. The top priority for them is resort guests - people who are paying not just a few hundred for a ticket but potentially thousands for hotel reservations - so it makes sense to add capacity if possible. I have a hunch they may add some AP capacity later, too, but honestly thatā€™s lower on their priorities.

2 Likes

Letā€™s also remember, thereā€™s no incentive to offer more dates to APs. They have your money already. They can generate more by opening it up to people willing to pay to stay there than day visitors

1 Like

I agree. However, if I imagine how they did the allocation, they probably had a bunch of management review the statistics and try to determine what percent of capacity they needed to allocate to Resorts vs. APs vs. Day Guests. And they had to make a bunch of assumptions to get the equilibrium right. The idea would be that no group would reach capacity too fast, but favoring Resort guests as the top priority.

But once they released the reservations, they probably started learning things that might contradict their initial assumptions. So if AP slots are running out faster than they anticipated or intended, they might shift more capacity that direction.

Agreed! IMHO - Itā€™s going to take them being open for a couple weeks before they add more AP dates. Theyā€™re going to want great press on opening days - showing off how limited it is, safe, clean and uncrowded

1 Like

Iā€™ve got an package booked at AoA and a DVC rental at Kidani Village for this December. If I ever am able to talk to a cast member, will they be able to switch the tickets from my AoA package to my DVC room only reservation?

Is the package a back-up?

Tickets in a package will be cancelled if you cancel the package. I think youā€™ll have to wait until you can buy stand-alone tickets.

Yeah the package was a backup.

Has there been any rumors or educated guesses on when 2020 tix will be available to purchase?

I had heard possibly this week, but there is also a rumor that they will open sales on July 11th.

My reasoning for this week was 2-fold.

1. The emails that were sent out to people with stays thru the end of September asked them to confirm by July 1st. So by tomorrow they will have an idea of resort capacity.

So that means they can start selling rooms again. But I would hope they will give existing guests first shot at tickets and parks.

In other words, that is my hunch. But also backed up by

1. Someone on the DIS seems to have got tips from someone in sales (rooms, packages, tickets etc) which have proved accurate, and she said first week of July.

The July 11th rumor is one Iā€™ve seen mentioned, I think on here but not entirely sure, but I donā€™t know the source.

1 Like

Ok, thanks. I was able to get my park reservations via the resort package. So I guess Iā€™ll buy tix ASAP and then cancel the AoA package.

1 Like

Iā€™m keeping my eyes out too for when tickets will be available. My friend and I have AP; so we have our three reservations. A third person is joining us, but needs regular ticket. Sheā€™s got her flight all bookedā€¦so they better sell them by September :crazy_face:

So, will the Magic bands be going away @OBNurseNH ??
:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

Hi all, I added some park reservation data to my reopen tracker that might be handy:

2 Likes

I keep hearing about emails being sent out to existing guests. I have a DVC stay at BLT on 9/10 and a DVC rental after that at BWV, I have not gotten an email from Disney to confirm. Does this mean I still need to call?

I think the emails are for reservations to about the end of September.

If you havenā€™t got one you donā€™t need to do anything.

And actually if you get one for a membership DVC stay (like your rental) you really shouldnā€™t have to do anything because they cannot, or should not, cancel those until a no-show. Wonā€™t harm to reply but your reservations will be fine.

If you booked a DVC room through Disney though and get a letter then definitely reply.

Thanks, I really donā€™t want to wait on hold if I donā€™t have to. BLT is on my points so its thru DVC. I was just not sure because I still have not gotten a single email from Disney since this whole thing started. Nothing about my upcoming stays and nothing concerning APā€™s.