Park Reservation System thread

Man they are such a mess with this stuff…

Yep

Since it never does improve, you have to wonder if they are even a little tiny bit embarrassed by it.

It doesn’t seem that they care.

1 Like

Exactly.

And then they will probably say it was our fault. Like we opened our email wrong. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Yes I had tickets from April that got exchanged for July and are now good until Sept 2021. That being said I think you can buy tickets for 2021 right now. Pretty sure they started booking 2021 packages again this week.

1 Like

Yes you can buy standalone tickets for 2021 as of this morning.

Ticket purchase opened at just before 1am. :grin: The Park reservation system I think opened around 6am ET.

1 Like

Waited for more than 90 minutes on hold.
Nifty music.
Suddenly after multiple earlier attempts my app displayed a buy tickets option.
Bought my tickets on my phone.
Made my park reservations.
Good to go.

Of course I forgot to get memory maker.
But hey.

What’s worse is that, from top down, everyone at Disney seems to consider it normal and acceptable. For a company that built itself on detail and perfection it boggles my mind that they allow something that is such an integral part of your visit to exist like this.

Congratulations on securing your tickets.

I have been looking at the website version on MDX this morning and it still bumps me to the “know before you go” page with no ticket option. After reading your post, I tried the MDX app on my phone and it allows me to start the ticket purchasing process.

I noticed Disney is allowing you to purchase park hoppers in the app for 2021. Does this mean that the existing park reservation system will not be valid by then? Or does this mean we will be going though another stage of chaos while IT figures out how to allow multiple park bookings per day in the system.

I am mulling over my timing for purchasing park tickets right now. I initially was in the panic bubble thinking I needed to secure them ASAP no matter the cost. After looking at the reservation Calendar, it looks wide open for 2021 right now. That leads me to believe I do not need to rush. In the past I typically wait for a “deal” on tickets before I purchase them.

If I start to see Christmas reservations filling up, then I may move forward with the purchase.

In addition, I got an email from undercover tourist this morning mentioning ticket sales are available again. I looked on their website and saw ticket prices for base tickets as well as park hoppers. So if you are a 3rd-party buyer of tickets, then that is available to you now.

The strange thing for me this morning is I went through my usual exercise of looking at the Ticket Calculator on TP and did not see many options listed. The site usually looks at prices from multiple 3rd-parties ( Official Ticket Center, Park Savers, Undercover Tourist, Tripster, Maple Leaf Tickets, and Boardwalk Ticketing .) and displays the costs of each. This morning it only shows Disney and Tripster.

Tripster had a price that was close to $11 cheaper than Disney. I went to the undercover tourist website directly and noticed that their price was even cheaper than Tripster. All of that to say that I think the TP ticket calculator is not accurate today.

1 Like

Nowhere were able to sell tickets until today, so it’s not surprising the TP calculator can’t compare prices.

As for park hoppers, Disney will be wanting to allow park hopping as soon as possible, so it makes sense to sell them for next year. If the situation is much that they don’t need park reservations, then park hopping will be back on the table. And actually it may well be that even this summer people will be able to hop, say to Epcot in the evening if the park isn’t at capacity.

At the moment you cannot buy tickets for 2020 or beyond September 2021.

Exactly how can you do that? The reopening info page is still the default ticket page, From Park Reservation page, I selected a date in March and no luck. What am I missing?

UT sent me an email about they were selling tickets.

I see Park Savers is selling them too. I just find it strange that you cannot buy direct as of today.

This link:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/admission/tickets/theme-parks/options/

You need to scroll down apparently. I can’t check it out because I get redirected to the U.K. site.

ah your link worked, thank you!

One advantage of buying tickets now is you will be ahead of the inevitable ticket price increase that will most likely hit before next year.

3 Likes

Or, should we wait in hopes of purchasing the 4-Park Magic that may or may not become available? That would probably save me $300-400.

Out of interest I tried buying tickets on the U.K. site. Still not available, although I could book a package stay with tickets.

UT and another 3rd party seller (maybe Orlando Attractions) have them.But both their tickets and Disney’s own packages can only be booked until pretty much the end of September, 26th I think.

I guess that’s when the new price increase comes into effect for the 50th.

Out of interest, can anyone in the US confirm if it’s possible to book stand-alone tickets beyond Sept 2021 yet?

I found that I had to look on the MDX app on the phone before the tickets showed up for purchase from Disney.

Ahh…you are correct and wise.

I typically purchase from 3rd-party as they are cheaper…unless Disney sends out another Canadian Resident discount for tickets.

My problem right now is not knowing which one to purchase. I could do the base ticket and be done with it, but Murphy’s law will kick in and park-hopping will become available and/or a discount will come out.

Ughh

That was a great deal, but there is no way of knowing if that will come back

2 Likes