Park Reservation System thread

I thought I read you could look at the park reservation system to see what is available before purchasing tickets.

3 Likes

I guess I assumed we would need a tool like the FP availability tool. Maybe you are right. I have just never known Disney to be “free” with info.

True…but in this case you would have lots of people buying tickets for dates, and then see they can’t do MK or whatever, then want to call and cancel the tickets.

I suppose it might be possible if Disney drops date based tickets. But they were trying to increase revenue with that.

I have ‘opted out” of much of this so maybe I missed that. If anyone has a link , I would appreciate it. There is no way I am buying 2021 tickets now.

If you look under “planning a trip for next year“ it talks about it.

Hey. We don’t want facts when we’re busy conjecturing! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, I really appreciate the help and support. Really- oh wait

From Disney:

Want to Book a New Vacation?

“By June 28, all Guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as our phased reopening continues. Guests will be able to view park reservation availability online prior to purchasing their tickets.”

Oh c’mon! Where’s the adventurist in you, it’s first come first served!

You think you can get those tickets now and adjust the dates with no hassle?

I have a April 2021 DVC reservation. I am prepared to lose 2019 points, just like I lost 2018 points. I am not prepared to gamble with any more losses.

We have DVC reservations in Dec but part of our party is AD-MIL… we NEVER buy tickets too far out since we’ve had to reschedule 95% of our trips due to deployments or changed orders… this would be the first trip rescheduled due to WDW :frowning: I have an AP but I won’t go if my kids can’t

With the MDE phone app … i think its the beginning of the end, for Magic Bands.
We’ll see.

Let’s hope they improve battery life then!

I would be pretty confident of that

Maybe with the enhancements but MDE has been around a long, long time. It may have even come before the bands?

It isn’t really the app…it is that Bluetooth LE in phones is now ubiquitous. That wasn’t the case several years ago.

We usually get the Military Salute tickets when we have trips w/ ext. family. And SoG isn’t open yet and probably won’t open until the military/gov’t allows travel and Rn’R again. I have a DS stuck overseas right now.

In an effort to further confuse everyone :roll_eyes:, let me share the email response I just received a few minutes ago to an email I submitted to Disney on Friday about the new reservation system. This email contradicts what a CM told me on the phone that I can buy tickets starting 6/28 (that I also posted earlier this morning on this thread). I got impatient waiting for an email response and called the AP phone line this morning. The basic question is when can guests with resort reservations without tickets buy new park tickets in order to make park reservations. Here is what I received in email:

"With the new Disney Park Pass system coming to life soon, it does have the requirement that all Guests need an admission ticket or pass to be able to reserve a park reservation. All of our Ticket sales and Annual Pass sales have been paused at the moment. The information we have is that ticket sales will resume later this summer.

Currently, the system will recognize that you have that Annual Pass and will allow you to make a reservation under your name. The remaining Guest will have to wait until they purchase a ticket and link it to your My Disney Experience account. This will then allow you to make that reservation.

What I would recommend doing is when our Disney Park Pass system goes live to go ahead a reserve a time under your name, because the system will allow it. This gives you the chance to be able to have the time already set. Then once our ticket sales resume, you will be able to purchase the tickets, get them linked, and then be able to book the time for the rest of your party, pending availability of course.

A rule I would like to share with you is that Annual Pass reservations and Theme Park ticket reservations for the Disney Park Pass system can only be booked separated. This means since you have an Annual Pass and the rest of your party will have Theme Park tickets, your reservations will have to be done separate. This means when you go to book the reservation, you will first click your name and then see what is available and then book. After you book your time, the system will then allow you to book the rest of your party, once your tickets are purchased and linked. I hope this makes some sense. "

Yeah, it makes sense. So did my phone call. But who is right? Sorry for the long post, and if I added to anyone’s confusion. But personally I don’t feel like I know anything more today than I did the day before Disney announced their new park reservation system.

This tallies with what the WDW page says.

That if you have a party with both AP holders and regular ticket holders, that you have to book park reservations separately.

What in about the email contradicts what you were told previously?

If it’s about the date, the June 28th date is for ticket purchases for 2021. As your stay is for 2021, I think that still stands. I think the email response is assuming you have a reservation for 2020.

My thoughts also, based on this:

Who else is real nervous about their server and systems capacity tomorrow morning? This is going to be like ADRs + FP + Free Dining times a thousand.

2 Likes