Park Reservation System thread

7am eastern time

Hopefully someone can give me some guidance. We have a trip planned for this December. Iā€™ve got a package booked at AoA currently but also have a have a DVC booking via point rental. I booked the AoA room as a fall back in case I couldnā€™t obtain the DVC room. The only tickets I currently have are tied to the AoA package, will I be able to make my park reservations on Monday using the AoA booking and then cancel that room afterwards? Or will cancelling the room also cancel my park reservations?

Yes youā€™ll be able to do that Monday.

I would think that if you wait to cancel your AoA room until ADTER your DVC is linked youā€™ll be fine.

My DVC is linked to MDE, I just havenā€™t bought tix for that reservation.

Youā€™ll need to get tickets linked before you cancel the package, otherwise the tickets will disappear. And so will the park reservations.

Ok, shouldnā€™t be a problem.

Interesting. Weā€™re renting DVC points but have no park tickets.
DVC rental store said that our reservation doesnā€™t count as a room-only reservation so weā€™d have to wait until the 28th.

Still Iā€™m going to give Disney a call on Wednesday and see how it goes.
Hopefully weā€™re in the same boat as you are and can get it sorted out then.

1 Like

I donā€™t know what the rental store think a DVC reservation is then. It doesnā€™t include tickets, it literally is a room-only Reservation.

1 Like

So I received this email from Disney yesterday. For context: we have a split stay with dvc rental store booked for 12/17-12/24 linked to MDE of course but NO tickets. Maybe Iā€™m reading too much into this but notice where it says since you are an existing ticket holder and have a Disney resort reservation you can reserve on June 22. Thoughts?

A lot of people got emails like that at the start. Some had expired APs, some had no tickets and so on.

Itā€™s worth trying. The worst that can happen is it doesnā€™t let you in. If you can get through on the phone you can then then try pleading that you got the email.

If that fails, try calling on the 24th to add tickets.

And then again on the 28th.

Yep, thatā€™s what I thought that itā€™s definitely worth a try.

Ok. Forgive me if I missed this while scrolling.

We had a room booked through Disney atā€¦I canā€™t remember, a valueā€¦ but then found a better rate for a room at POP in December through MVT. I asked when I booked it if we could add tickets and make it a package and was told that I could not. That they could sell me tickets but theyā€™d be non-refundable. I decided to wait because our trip hinges a bit on DHs travel plans.

Iā€™d forgotten about asking already to make it a package, and was hoping Iā€™d fit under the blurb about calling on June 24 to upgrade to a package. When I got my email today from my MVT agent I was told that unless Iā€™d already purchased tickets Iā€™d have to wait until late summer to purchase them and make reservations.

All this mess to save $60-75 and ride the skyliner. :weary:.

On one hand Iā€™m annoyed and on the other hand Iā€™m just over here in the same holding pattern Iā€™ve been in since Marchā€¦

Also airfare is so cheap but I havenā€™t jumped on it yet and now feel like I canā€™t.

Anyone else with MVT room only hear anything different?

7amā€¦ Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™ve been looking for, thanks. Where is this time posted?

I think it was in a webinar attended by a TA? I canā€™t remember by now. It has been a crazy news period.

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard that too from a TA.

Also Carlyle Wisel confirmed it in a tweet - sheā€™s the travel writer who often gets info direct from Disney.

1 Like

Also, one more thing.

seems like you can only book park reservations on the website, not the app.

2 Likes

Well, good news Nickysyme ā€¦ I think. :crossed_fingers:

I was able to get thru on the phone this morning and spoke with a CM. I was told that I would be able to buy tickets for the rest of my party beginning 6/28 using MDE. That advice fits with Disneyā€™s announcement last Friday as my reservation is for next January in 2021. If my reservation had been for 2020 instead, my guess now (I didnā€™t actually ask about 2020) is that the advice dianelynn shared about calling on 6/24 is most likely how people in my/our situation will be able to buy tickets for guests who have resort reservations for this year but no tickets yet.

2 Likes

I thought that info will be available to anyone with an MDE account??

Even if you donā€™t have tickets? I want to know I can make a park reservation for my stay before I add tickets.

It should be. With this new system, there would be a lot of problems if people started buying tickets for dates that didnā€™t have their park reservations available. I expect Disney will allow you to check this before you purchase the tickets.

1 Like